Top Posters In This Topic

• Disydo

• riotproof

• ClaudiaCosette

• blackcat20

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Our DD was born this Monday the 10th, at 37 weeks, a couple of days before her planned c-section. She ended up being delivered early because of a bad scan and much reduced movements. But she's here now! She weighed 2.31 kgs at birth and is doing really well. We're both still in hospital, she's in the special care nursery, not sure when she'll be able to come home, all depends on how she goes with her feeding. They're managing to up the feeds so if they can keep doing that then she might be able to come home with me on the weekend, which would be great. She's sucking well, maintaining her temperature, and no longer needs to be on the oxygen and heart rate monitor.

She had an ultrasound of her heart last night which showed both good and bad news. Good news is that her aorta is a good size and won't be causing any problems - which is great, as that can be quite dangerous. Less good news is that the VSD is quite big and will almost definitely require surgery, possibly in a month, possibly longer, but we'll know more as the weeks go on. That's disappointing but not unexpected and I'm feeling okay about it.

I felt so completely overwhelmed when I first wrote this post and I really appreciate all of your comments and support. They've been immensely helpful, thank you so much. For now, I'm going to enjoy the stress of the pregnancy being over (and never having to do it again) and enjoying the time with the new baby. I'm looking forward to brining her home to her brother.

Disy xox

Congratulations disy! How wonderful she held on so long, and such an excellent weight. My daughter weighed that when she came home after a month in hospital.

I hope you get your questions answered about the surgery, it all sounds so very positive, but I know you must have feelings.

Best of luck.

Blueskies12

Congratulations Disydo! Enjoy your beautiful baby girl! It must feel great to know that she is here and safe Earth side.

Congrats [mention]Disydo[/mention] on the arrival of your little girl. Thanks for updating, its a relief to hear she is safely arrived and that you can relax somewhat. Hoping all goes as smoothly as possible for her.

Congratulations! So glad she is came safely into the world. You did so well holding on to her and growing her until 37 weeks. Well done!

Sounds like the doctors are onto everything. Enjoy your newborn time, let the doctors tell you what needs to be done and just focus in on your Bub. Take care.

ClaudiaCosette

Big congratulations on your beautiful girl! She is a nice size and I'm glad to hear things are going well. I know you are still worried about the surgery, but I hope she continues to do well and get bigger and you get her home soon.

Congratulations on your daughter’s safe arrival. Assume you are linked into heart kids already for support. My youngest had an AVSD repaired at 3 months and has no ongoing heart issues, follow up scans over 11 years have always apparently consistently shown a “very small leak” whatever that might mean but she has not had any further heart problems/issues and the scar that was very visible has faded so it’s barely noticeable and her quite misshapen chest/rib area which used to concern me for several years after surgery has completely evened out beautifully as she has grown. Good Luck with everything.

Congratulations [mention]Disydo[/mention] She's a very nice weight and it's good to hear she is doing well. It sounds like the doctors are right onto it all and you are in good hands. A good friend of mine had a similar repair on her daughter at 4 months and you would barely know it now. She's active and sporty, all her ongoing scans are good and she's absolutely thriving.

Congratulations [mention]Disydo[/mention]! Well done for making it to 37 weeks and what a great weight! Hoping you’ve been able to take bub home this weekend and can enjoy some quiet family time. I’m so glad you have great support from your medical staff and the (once again) amazing members here who have been through similar situations.

🤗🤗🤗

Thanks so much for all the lovely wishes and congratulations!

I’m at home now but unfortunately baby has had to stay in hospital as she’s not feeding well because she’s so small. She’ll probably be in all this week - hopefully she puts on lots of weight and we can take her home soon.

Thanks so much everyone. A lot has happened since I last wrote. DD is still in hospital as unfortunately her VSD is affecting much more than expected at this early stage. She'll be having surgery at the royal children's in the next two or three weeks (we'll be given a date soon). Until then she'll stay in the special care nursery. She's been doing much better since being put on diuretics yesterday and is much more alert and happy. She's able to take a bottle feed every third feed, the others are tube feeds. So she'll be in hospital for quite a few weeks. It's obviously difficult but I'm glad that we now have a timeline for the surgery and for when she might be home.

Advertisement