IGNORED

Due in July 2021

emmbop

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is going ok?

We told our family about the pregnancy on Christmas Day - was good mostly 😅

Had NTS on NYE - haven't got the results back yet, but sonographer seemed to think everything looked good. Measurements lined up with dates so that's promising - my first pregnancy they were out by a week, but my due date didn't change until 20 weeks - and thankfully because I avoided induction.

Hope you're all well 😊

PXL-20201230-224831563.jpg

Glad everything's going well with you [mention]isamcg[/mention]!

I have my scan tomorrow, excited and nervous! I've had two scans already but this will be the first one my partner will get to be there for.

We've told our closest family, and if the results for the BT/scan come back fine then we'll start telling more people over the next couple of weeks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• emmbop

• ms-shazbaby

• Wolf87

• isamcg

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad everything's going well with you @isamcg!

I have my scan tomorrow, excited and nervous! I've had two scans already but this will be the first one my partner will get to be there for.

We've told our closest family, and if the results for the BT/scan come back fine then we'll start telling more people over the next couple of weeks.

How did your scan with your partner go?

I will have the results of my NT scan this week when I see my GP.

I have just found out my best friend who has been trying forever is pregnant too - she will be due in September. I am so happy for her & excited that we will be pregnant together.

Also seeing my midwife for the first time this week eek!

Glad everything's going well with you @isamcg!

How did your scan with your partner go?

I will have the results of my NT scan this week when I see my GP.

I have just found out my best friend who has been trying forever is pregnant too - she will be due in September. I am so happy for her & excited that we will be pregnant together.

Also seeing my midwife for the first time this week eek!

Scan went well, was so nice to see our wriggly little baby! Had my first midwife appointment on Thurs and the results for my combined scan came back low risk. However my midwife said that the blood test I got back at 4 weeks showed I have gestational diabetes, even though my GP didn't mention it, so now I'm waiting to hear from a Diabetes Educator and I think they'll be getting me to do an early GTT to confirm. I'm soo hoping that it somehow comes back negative, bit concerned that I've had GD for 9 weeks unmanaged and it'll suck to have to be dealing with it for the next 5 months!

That's so nice that your friend is pregnant too! Good luck with your midwife appointment and getting your results.

• 1 month later...

Scan went well, was so nice to see our wriggly little baby! Had my first midwife appointment on Thurs and the results for my combined scan came back low risk. However my midwife said that the blood test I got back at 4 weeks showed I have gestational diabetes, even though my GP didn't mention it, so now I'm waiting to hear from a Diabetes Educator and I think they'll be getting me to do an early GTT to confirm. I'm soo hoping that it somehow comes back negative, bit concerned that I've had GD for 9 weeks unmanaged and it'll suck to have to be dealing with it for the next 5 months!

That's so nice that your friend is pregnant too! Good luck with your midwife appointment and getting your results.

Did you get the results back from your early GTT??

My friend ended up miscarrying 😥 but there might be good news soon..?

We had our morphology scan during the week - found out we are having a boy!

DD3 cried when she found out baby brother was a boy 😅 "but I want a girl baby brother!"

I'm going through the Midwife Group Practice but had an appointment with doctor this week too - to discuss mode of delivery as I had a 3rd degree tear last time. I am leaning to not having a scheduled c-section, although it is appealing that I would know the birthday in advance, and could arrange for family etc to be here to look after DD

Did you get the results back from your early GTT??

My friend ended up miscarrying 😥 but there might be good news soon..?

We had our morphology scan during the week - found out we are having a boy!

DD3 cried when she found out baby brother was a boy 😅 "but I want a girl baby brother!"

I'm going through the Midwife Group Practice but had an appointment with doctor this week too - to discuss mode of delivery as I had a 3rd degree tear last time. I am leaning to not having a scheduled c-section, although it is appealing that I would know the birthday in advance, and could arrange for family etc to be here to look after DD

It turned out that the original fasting blood test was enough to diagnose me, so I've been finger pricking 4 times a day and had to completely change my diet - it sucks! Plus, my levels are still going over so I'm being put on a bit of insulin on Monday.

I'm so sorry your friend ended up misscarrying, how sad for her and also you as I'm sure you were excited to go through pregnancy together.

I'm not actually even sure how my care is set up this pregnancy, I've had a telehealth appt with a midwife and an in person appointment with an OB so far. Another appointment this Friday but not sure if it'll be with a midwife or OB, as I don't know if having GD changes anything.

I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday too, looking forward to that! But wow is it going to be a busy week, since we're also moving out and having to pack up our house so big renovations can start Monday week!

Oh and I've already been scheduled for my c-section - 2nd of July!

Hey everyone!

Feeling ok to come back in here after clear amnio and 20 week scan. How’s everyone getting on?

20 week scan was today, Bub is a little ahead which is good since we might have to watch for IUGR due to the confined placental mosaicism that caused my false positive trisomy result.

How’s the diabetes going Emmbop? I had it with my daughter, had GTT today and I’ll be surprised if I don’t have it again! Mine was DEFINITELY uncontrollable with diet and exercise so if I do get it I’d say I’ll be on insulin pretty quick.

Anyone feeling movement? I hate how sporadic it is at this stage!

24-BDBE45-4-C69-4-BE4-BAA6-C660-A596-A0-D6.jpg

Oh my goodness, that 3D scan is amazing! How adorable 🥰

I had my 20 week scan yesterday and bub is ahead by one week too. Sonographer said everything else looked good. I have a midwife appointment on Friday and will go over things then.

GD is going ok, had a few after dinner high readings, so endocrinologist wants me to go on a bit of insulin, however by the time I had the session with my diabetes educator I hadn't had any more highs so she suggested I hold off on the insulin for now. Crossing my fingers you don't have it this pregnancy!

Yep, I've finally been feeling much more consistent movement lately. I have an anterior placenta (posterior last time) and until the last few days I'd get quite a few kicks one day and then lucky to get a single kick the next.

I have my first in person hospital apt on Friday too! Glad the BSLs are staying down for now - insulin is a pain in the arse!

Yeah I couldn’t believe how much he was moving about in there today and I couldn’t feel a thing? I have been getting increased movement but looking forward to the part when you can actual track them to feel reassured. That’s awesome you can feel stuff even with an anterior placenta! I heard that can really delay feeling anything.

Must be exciting having an actual date booked in for the c section! I’d say I’ll get induced early if I do end up insulin dependent- induced at 39+5 with DD. But obviously if there’s any issues with IUGR it’ll be earlier. Time will tell!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Advertisement