IGNORED

Graduate IVF Warriors

Ozgirl

Thanks OzGirl!

Bubba and I are going well overall, but she only sleeps on me. Being alone makes this a challenge to get anything done, like meals. She sleeps great otherwise. I’ve gone to my parents house for a little while to try and get her sleeping in her bassinet (at least some of the time!). Being in Melbourne, with all the rules, I needed a letter from the GP to go. So far I can get her down but she wakes after a single sleep cycle and it’s not always possible to get her down again. So she’s currently snuggled in to me having a nap. I want her in the bassinet, I think her own space isn’t only safer but also we won’t disturb each other, but I will miss the snuggles so much.

Hope some other grads turn up soon.

Hi everyone,

Thanks OzGirl.

We’re doing well.

Hannah had her 6 week check with the cardiologist on Tuesday and they’re happy with her progress! Yay! Don’t need to see them for another 6 months!

We’re also starting solids - getting some awesome facial expressions so far, by put she’s doing pretty well.

I’m pretty stuffed as I’m exclusively expressing for her. She has adamantly refused to breastfeed since surgery, which has been so disappointing, but at least this way she’s getting my milk.

Apart from that we’re enjoying her baby milestones. Hope everyone else is going ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

Not sure if you saw the post that I will be one of the Mods for this and TTC.

Quick question. Do we think we should leave this thread here in AC or move it to pregnancy? Which I think is where it was on EB.

I think either is fine, as long as it’s not upsetting those TTC.

Hopefully we get some more check ins, I’m really interested in how people are going, and even more hopefully more people graduating from TTC.

Hi Everyone.

Found our thread! Good idea for shifting it. I’m still finding my way around the new site.

Wondering how everyone else is going.

I now have a 6 month old. What - where did that time disappear to?!

She’s doing well. Not quite rolling - she has no need to. Any time she wants something her brother grabs it for her or if she gets stuck rolling he rolls her over! Cute, but ...!

Also dealing with a toddler - grrrr. Sooo frustrating at the moment.

Hope everyone else is going ok.

Gabbitz - 6 months! Wow! It’s lovely your son is so in love with the bubba. Long may it last.

We are 15 weeks now, and going through an unsettled period I think. But not too bad. Sleep is our biggest issue, still only on me, both day and night. It’s physically hard, I keep getting numb hands from carpel tunnel (I’m guessing). And I can’t do anything around the house, like cook or clean. We did a day at sleep school which didn’t really help, now we’re booked for a residential stay in a couple of weeks. I feel really nervous about it, I don’t want her to cry, but at the same time I’m thinking short term pain for long term gain. At least I hope so.

Otherwise she does a bit of ‘talking’, loves reading books and has discovered her toes. I’m so lucky to have her.

Hi All, found you 🙂.

Just over 36w here. Totally unprepared if baby should arrive. I’m a bit on edge about a few things, so I really should prepare in some way.

Have to have another growth scan in a week as abdomen measured too large in last scan.

Can’t believe how fast time has gone and all your bubs sounds so big now

Glad you found us SSM. I hope the scan is boring. I measured too big the whole time and had extra scans too.

I’m sorry you’re feeling anxious. Maybe just prepare a very little bit. I only bought stuff because my mum made me so I understand. But you don’t need everything, you can get things later. Some nappies and a couple of outfits, maybe a swaddle. Everything else can come later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are you going SSM? Any movement yet???

We are going okay. Bubbas sleep is improving (although today isn’t going to be great!), but her weight is on the small side (3-5th percentile). Her head and length are sticking to their curves and she is meeting all her milestones early, so I’m not too worried. We’re seeing a pediatrician and she’s on an elemental formula as well as breastfeeding, so we will see if we can chunk her up a little.

How is everyone else going?

I have permission to let you know that SSM Had a little girl yesterday (I think) my msg was at 1am.... I'm pretty sure I'm not that high on her list! LOL

Sounds like she came on her own, no induction and it was pretty quick.

sounds like mum and bub are doing fine!

Hello, sorry, it’s been crazy.

Ozgirl - thanks so much for boobie biscuit offer, I didn’t even get time to make any, but I think I should get time to make tomorrow. I’m actually stocked up on heaps of Christmas treats so I don’t even need more food 😂.

MissHLH - thanks so much. Sounds a bit stressful, but glad you realise that meeting milestones means a lot. My first was tiny, but consistent in %. She suddenly chunked up heaps though around 3ish months when she got a cold and I made her live on the boob 😂.

Yes, new addition arrived. I’m calling the process fast and furious. Arrived 16/12 in evening. Husband almost missed it. 2 hour labour, but 40 minutes ‘pushing’ (I refused to push for a bit as I was in shock at it all/not ready, but mostly enjoying the reprieve from the pain 😬). Head was NOT tiny like they said, so my vagina paid a price 👎😬😂.

All healthy that’s the most important part.

SSM - congratulations. So glad to hear all is ok.

Miss HLH - it’s great news to be meeting milestones. The weight bit bit - meh! My son was 10th percentile. They just make us stress!

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope everyone has a chance to enjoy despite 2020’s foibles!

We’re doing well - miss 7 months has 2 teeth that came through in the last week and is almost crawling! I’m not ready for that! She’s doing well and you’d never know she’s had such a tough start to life!

• 1 month later...

How is everyone going?

My bubba is nearly 6 months old. I can't beleive how fast time has gone. She has a little cold right now and her sleep last night was nearly non-exsistant, but overall she is going so well. She has started crawling, which is too soon! I thought I'd have some more time to baby proof. I'm still looking to buy a house and I'm so annoyed at myself for not having done so already. She always looks so interested in everything, and intently examines the tags on toys, it looks like she is reading. But when I give her books she just likes to eat them!

I still can't beleive how lucky I have been to have her. It's not always easy, but I'm so in love.

Lovely update MissHLH. Crawling already 😳. Eek. My first was a potato that took forever to move!

We are going okay. A lot on, keeping me busy with both baby and toddler appointments..

Bubs is almost 8 weeks old, I honestly have no idea where the time goes! I wish I could freeze it and have her little forever.

So cool Miss HLH. Yes it’s very special to hold onto our precious little bundles.

SSM - yes time does indeed go so ridiculously quickly.

I have a 3 yo and a 9 month old (as of today)!

My 3 yo has been pushing boundaries and making life challenging in many ways, but then he melts my heart by giving his sister a hug and being super sweet to her. He’s very proud of himself because he’s been able to ‘teach’ her to drink from a water bottle.

Hannah started crawling on Boxing Day - trying to grab her brother’s new toys! Within a week she was pulling up to stand. I suspect she’ll be walking before her birthday. Health wise - she’s doing really well. She’s putting weight on well and hitting all the milestones she should be. We go back to see the cardiologist in April and at the moment she’s doing really well.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Ozgirl ♥️

Hi La di dah, I have been following your posts and super glad you got a heartbeat today. Will you do NIPT or just the NT? Not sure if NIPT is done on tested embryos.

I’m nearly 31 weeks, starting to finally relax a little? Starting to get a bit of birth anxiety but I guess that’s normal.

sunstarmoon

Hi [mention]la di dah[/mention] and welcome, glad it sounds likely got a great result today.

[mention]Wolf87[/mention] yep, my FS wanted me to do NIPT. even though my embryos were tested. Wanted to make 100% sure. Wow, 31w, has it gone fast for you?

AFM bubs is 4 heading to 5 months now. It’s been a bit crazy, hectic, insane here, with illness, medical appointments, tests, therapies etc. time is going very fast. We are neck deep in sleep regression 😴 and illness right now. I miss my newborn already.

Advertisement