IGNORED

Due in September & October 2021

summer08

Thanks [mention]Zel lala[/mention] , I’m holding out until I see the OB in just over a week 🤞Had a scan at 7w and it was looking all normal.

I’m still in the thick of the morning sickness zone so just trying to keep myself sane! Protein smoothies are helping and generally eating lots of regular small meals.

Welcome [mention]Allegra99[/mention] and congratulations!

I’ll find my way to the fb group now too. Thanks for setting it up!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zel lala

• ellie

• Melody

• nomviv

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a bit of a freak out - in the last two days my physical fatigue is gone and boobs are not as sore anymore. Having my 8 week scan on the 10th... the anxiety is going to kill me waiting that long :(

[mention]nomviv[/mention] the wait is agonising isn't it? The first trimester just goes on forever. Fingers crossed for a healthy scan for you on the 10th. I get very few symptoms when pregnant so I spend a long time not feeling pregnant at all and doubting everything, I just wish I could take a peek in there and see what's happening!

[mention]Biscuits[/mention] yes it’s a lot more mentally challenging than I thought it would be! Also the pregnancy group I’m in on Facebook has recently had a number of members withdraw due to MC and that’s been really sad and troubled me a lot.

In saying that, today my lower belly feels really firm and swollen, and I’ve had strong food aversions so maybe my symptoms are just changing :)

[mention]nomviv[/mention] I hope your anxiety is ok! It's so hard when symptoms come and go in the first trimester 😭 I hope you're managing ok and staying positive xx

Thank you [mention]Zel lala[/mention] ive been feeling better... and by that I mean feeling worse with strong food aversions lol.

Work has been super stressful. I work as a public servant supporting NSW Cabinet and was working until 1am last night and all day today. I’m just so grateful I am moving onto another job at the end of next week and out of this super stressful job!!!

[mention]nomviv[/mention] you poor thing! That sounds incredibly exhausting on top of pregnancy exhaustion! I'm glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you though, you must be hanging out for it.

I'm glad you're feeling better. It's such a double edged sword how this unpleasant pregnancy symptoms give us some reassurance ❤️

Unfortunately I had my 8w scan today and only measured at 5*5 with no heartbeat. Going for a follow up next Saturday to be sure baby has passed. It’s very hard to wait and see but I hope I can grow and learn from this experience.

Thanks everyone. Bloods came back with hcg and progesterone still very high so it’s going to be a long week :(

My heart's breaking for you. I hope your body does what it needs to soon ❤️

Huge hugs nomviv. There are a few of us who had d&c’s recently for similar issues. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions xx

I’m so sorry this is happening for you.

Thanks I really appreciate it. Baby has grown over the last few days... still no heartbeat. Will know more when I have my hormones checked on Wednesday. I know deep down this won’t end well and I admire my body for continuing to nourish my baby and keep it going.

:( it’s such an awful wait :( it’s very possible your hormones will still be rising and fine, so that may not give any indication unfortunately. My ob didn’t send me for further bloods as she guessed it would still be rising normally, we just did repeat ultrasounds every few days.

[mention]nomviv[/mention] just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome for you. As if pregnancy isn't anxiety inducing enough. Hope you go ok over the next few days.

As [mention]+ellie+[/mention] predicted - pregnancy hormones still rising. Now await a scan on Saturday to confirm my situation and finally be able to move forward. Excruciating wait - the days just crawl by.

Can I just add - in my Facebook due date group there was a poll about whether to ban miscarriage as a subject. Overwhelmingly everyone voted that silencing women on a very common and traumatic experience which is very much a part of the pregnancy journey was wrong. But I am disturbed by the minority who voted in favour of banning the topic... I mean how selfish can your be, yes it may be triggering for your but for the person discussing it is very real and they need support!!!

In saying that I am really sorry if my posts have triggered anyone or made you feel anxious, absolutely not my intention.

[mention]nomviv[/mention] I'm more than happy for you to keep us posted on your journey. I think that unfortunately miscarriage is part of the journey for too many of us and that is the harsh reality that there is no point putting your head in the sand about. ❤️

How did you go yesterday [mention]nomviv[/mention]? Thinking of you at the moment!

The discussion around banning miscarriage/loss discussion in a pregnancy group is absolutely ridiculous. I can understand being triggered by the posts, but I actually think in those circumstances, a FB group isn’t the right place for someone to be hanging around in. In my previous DIG’s we have had people who have miscarriages, needed terminations after devastating amnio results, or have had losses after the 13 week mark. It’s part of the risk of pregnancy, and if that awareness is too much for someone then staying away from pregnancy related group seems best.

Totally agree!

Unfortunately scan showed no change so I am having a d&c next week. Can’t come soon enough, I just really want to heal and move forward!!! Starting to feel really irritable and cranky so might be starting some hormonal changes but also could just be stress I guess! I’m doing ok... I truly accept this is a common thing that women go through and am not beating myself up about it even though we only had one frozen embryo out of 21 that ended up being viable after doing PGD. Now we have decided we have done all we can in terms of trying to prevent my husband passing on his genetic mutation and we will just et naturally for a few months :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Just wondering how everyone is going?

This is my first pregnancy and I don't know the ropes at all. To my knowledge I need to book a 12 week scan? I did get a scan at 6 weeks, and they said everything was okay back then and I could keep the EDC of 21st of October. The school term has been so hectic I haven't had a chance to visit after school to get a blood test done, is that still necessary?

I've been feeling nauseous quite often, but only once felt like truly throwing up; sometimes I can't tell if it's hunger pangs or roiling ill stomach. To combat the nausea I've just been going to bed earlier and eating something more often - but I feel as if I am piling on unnecessary weight... Any suggestions for feeling less ill? It seems totally random.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement