IGNORED

Due in September & October 2021

summer08

I’m due 15 September with baby #3. Still feels surreal.

Symptoms at 5+3- sore boobs. Tired but not dramatically so.

Dating scan Monday 25 Jan :)

Welcome to all the September and October Mamas to be

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zel lala

• ellie

• Melody

• summer08

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mamas,

I'm due with #2 1st September. I had a dating scan a few weeks ago, I'm currently 7+3 and seeing my OB on Monday. I had a MMC in August last year which has made me super anxious this time around, but so far everything's looking good. I've been getting blood tests 2x a week to check hcg and thats been all good.

Thanks for starting the group Summer08.

That’s exciting that your dating scan isn’t too far away!

Zel lala I can imagine that would make you feel nervous. It sounds like it’s all going well. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

I’m due 26 September. So currently 3w6d. I’m having bloods and glucose test on Monday as I had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy. It kind of feels weird because my youngest will be 11 this year so it’s been a while since I was last pregnant. I keep looking things up in case things have changed heaps since then. 😂

Hi [mention]Zel lala[/mention], I hope this pregnancy is a bit more relaxing for you!

[mention]Melody[/mention] its only been just 3 years since I was pregnant but I’ve already forgotten so much so we can learn again together lol. With GD were you eating well? I’m slim but i didn’t eat that well last 2 pregnancies. Just average. Trying to be super mindful this time. Lots of fruit & veggies, a green smoothie everyday. Maca PB bliss balls. I feel as I’m 37 now it’s even more important to eat well.

I do intermittent fasting so it’s hard for me to suddenly start eating breakfast again after 3 years. I fast 8pm-12/1pm. But obviously not when pregnant or breastfeeding. It’s hard to stop though but forcing myself to have a bliss ball at 9am each morning.

@Melody its only been just 3 years since I was pregnant but I’ve already forgotten so much so we can learn again together lol. With GD were you eating well? I’m slim but i didn’t eat that well last 2 pregnancies. Just average. Trying to be super mindful this time. Lots of fruit & veggies, a green smoothie everyday. Maca PB bliss balls. I feel as I’m 37 now it’s even more important to eat well.

I do intermittent fasting so it’s hard for me to suddenly start eating breakfast again after 3 years. I fast 8pm-12/1pm. But obviously not when pregnant or breastfeeding. It’s hard to stop though but forcing myself to have a bliss ball at 9am each morning.

It’s good to know I’m not the only one feeling a little clueless. 😊

I actually ate really healthy with that pregnancy. My fasting glucose level upon waking was always the highest. I craved ice (the frozen water kind 😂) so just chomped on that all day. I only put on 6.5kilos the entire pregnancy. Whereas with my first I ate whatever I felt like and put on 12 kilos and didn’t have GD. It’s weird how it all works. Apparently because I’ve had it before and I’m over 35 I have a higher risk. But I’m crossing my fingers.

That would be hard to change your eating patterns. I’m definitely ensuring I’m eating well too.

Thanks for starting the group [mention]summer08[/mention]

I’d be 5+1 by LMP (due 17/09), but with crazy HCG levels, it will be interesting to see whether I’m measuring a couple of days ahead.... I’m hoping so anyway, as the link between very high HCG and chromosomal disorders is confronting, so measuring ahead would be preferable!! Multiples would also be confronting, not sure I could go from 3-5 kids! I have forms for a couple more repeat HCG tests, but I’m not sure there is any point. They aren’t terribly useful after about 5-6 weeks and my HCG was fine in my most recent miscarriage.

I don’t have many symptoms yet, which is surprising given my levels and history of hyperemesis. I’m hoping it’s not a bad sign, as my unsuccessful pregnancies have always been symptom free!

[mention]Melody[/mention] did you ask for the glucose test or did they recommend it this early? I haven’t had GD in a pregnancy, but after DD2 was born in 2017, I developed pretty significant insulin resistance and had a lot of issues with weight gain/inability to lose weight. I’d always been slim before that but am not at the upper end of the healthy weight range. Unfortunately even losing 20% of my body weight on metformin didn’t help reverse the insulin resistance and I’ll probably be stuck on it for the pregnancy. I’m trying to focus on drinking lots of water and exercise, and am desperately hoping to keep weight gain to an absolute minimum. Looking back I wonder if I did have undiagnosed GD last pregnancy, as there were lots of indicators.... so I wonder if I should aim to get a test earlier!

[mention]+ellie+[/mention] The dr recommended it. I actually didn’t know you could test this early. I thought it was only something that developed later in pregnancy. She said I’ll need to have it done now and later as well.

I was on Metformin during my pregnancy.. hearing your account of losing weight on it.. I wonder if that’s why I didn’t put on much weight during that pregnancy and DD didn’t either. She was born the day before her due date was only 2.5kg. It was like she didn’t fatten up at the end.

It might be a good idea to ask if you should be tested for it.

[mention]+ellie+[/mention] have you got a scan booked? Hopefully that will shed some more light on your HCG levels. I hope it's a positive outcome for you!

My DD is 2.5 and I also feel like Ive forgotten everything about pregnancy... Or maybe we choose to forget and just remember our gorgeous squishy bundles!

I've been really struggling with feeling seedy all day and totally disgusted by food!!

@melody I hope your glucose test goes well!

[mention]Zel lala[/mention] i have a scan booked for the 29th, but am thinking of seeing if my ob can fit me in for an earlier appointment and a quick scan..... then I can also ask her about the glucose test!

[mention]Melody[/mention] thats really interesting about the metformin in pregnancy. Were you on it the whole time? I’m not super keen on being on it at the moment, but I went off it when I found out I was pregnant on NYE and gained 2.5kg in the first week, which was on top of gaining about 6kg when I was off it in my 9 week pregnancy that ended in a missed miscarriage. That kind of out of control weight gain doesn’t seem helpful either, so I’m guessing metformin is probably a safer alternative!

[mention]Melody[/mention] my friend is one of the healthiest people I’ve ever met and got GD, sometimes it seems so random. I also put on 12kg with my second pregnancy. My first was prem so only 9kg.

But OB said that was normal weight gain.

Ah [mention]Zel lala[/mention] you’re 2 weeks ahead of me, when did you start to feel unwell? I swear with my first it was at 6 weeks. Is anything helping with the nausea?

[mention]+ellie+[/mention] my friend is due 1/9 and her HCG was super high. I don’t think she’s even thought about chromosomal problems. Twins run in her family. She lives down the road from me so will be nice to be pregnant together. Both expecting number 3 and our oldests are at the same school.

Edited by summer08

[mention]+ellie+[/mention] I was on it from about 27 weeks as diet changes didn’t help keep my levels down. It worked well though as the next step was insulin injections and I didn’t end up needing them. It sounds like a good idea to get into your ob and check if you should keep taking it.

[mention]summer08[/mention] One of my friends who eats super healthy and runs marathons got GD after me so it definitely does seem random. Yeah I think 12 kilos is pretty normal. All throughout my GD pregnancy they kept saying I’d have to be careful of weight gain so I was thinking I would end up putting on more than the last pregnancy. They also kept saying that the baby would be really big. I was actually booked in for an induction on her due date because they didn’t want to risk her getting too big. Then she came on her own accord and was really long but had no fat on her.

[mention]Zel lala[/mention] hope that seedy feeling settles down. It’s not pleasant.. but at the same time it’s reassuring when you start to have symptoms. I feel like I’m very sensitive to smells at the moment. Everything seems to smell so strong.. But I’m so early so I might just be imagining it. 😂

Edited by Melody

Your poor friend [mention]summer08[/mention]. I’m guessing by 45 days past LMP, mine would be higher than that if it keeps doubling normally, so I might get another check next week, particularly if I still don’t have much in the way of symptoms! It will be exciting being pregnant with a close friend, I don’t think I know anyone likely to be expecting in the foreseeable future!

[mention]+ellie+[/mention] sounds like a good idea to see if your ob will see you early.

[mention]summer08[/mention] I think I started feeling yucky around 6weeks. It is reassuringas annoying as it is. I think I might look at getting a protein powder to use. I did that last time I was pregnant and I really helped.

That's so nice to have a close friend who lives nearby to share your pregnancy together

Are you ladies planning on going public or private?

[mention]Zel lala[/mention] going public. We have one of the best maternity hospitals in Victoria 10 min away from us and as I’m high risk I need one with an ICU and NICU, which it has.

I was told I wouldn’t be seen until 20 weeks which seems insane? Last pregnancies my first apt were 12 weeks. Things have changed I guess?

[mention]Zel lala[/mention] I’m going privately. I’m high risk in terms of the birth, but don’t need a NICU or anything (or haven’t with my previous births - they have all been at 38 weeks). The private hospital takes from 32 weeks and has an adult ICU. The care my obstetrician has given me with my last babies + my missed miscarriage has been truly amazing. I’m very keen to stick with her! The management fee is expensive, but it will kick us over the safety net, and DH will almost get a free vasectomy haha!

I’m a bit nervous about a new hospital (& new state). But everyone I know has gone through the same hospital and talks highly about it. We have PHI so will get a private room etc and I’m seen by the high risk OB so didn’t see the point in going private this time. I may live to regret this???

Slightly* jealous of my friends in Sydney who went private and had these amazing suites at the Mater North Shore and high tea lol but with the money I saved (10K management fee alone) I had a great baby moon. And a nanny. Lol.

*VERY

A 10k management fee! Yikes!! I think they max out at about 3.5-4K here. Even my cousin who is also going to North Shore had a management fee of less than half of that.

I don’t think you will regret it [mention]summer08[/mention] I went public for DD1 and it was fine. I had my own room for 5 nights (had a lot of complication) and the staff were probably nicer than at the private hospital. My main criticism was having terrible hyperemesis that was so poorly managed by the public hospital, so I decided to go privately for pregnancy 2, so someone could more proactively manage it. As it turned out, my hyperemesis only lasted 10 weeks with number 2, but my ob was so terrific that I’d never go elsewhere!

I’m going public.. it’s all I know and had great experiences the last two times.

I’m hoping to get into the Midwife Program where you see the same Midwife for every appointment then they’re at the birth and come to your house after the birth. Hopefully they don’t rule me out because of my previous GD (or even my age 😬). If I can’t, I’ll just do shared care with my GP.

Oh gosh some private management fees are expensive! That’s good that you’ve found a wonderful obstetrician [mention]+ellie+[/mention] I can imagine that Hyperemesis must be exhausting.

Edited by Melody

[mention]+ellie+[/mention] good idea about the vasectomy! I doubt dh would ever agree to one. He's a huge scaredy cat haha!

[mention]summer08[/mention] whoah 10k management fee! That is crazy. I wouldn't be able to justify/ afford that! Last time my total out of pocket was 3500!

I'm going private and have an ob who we really love. She's seen us through an emergency c-sec and MMC.

@+ellie+ good idea about the vasectomy! I doubt dh would ever agree to one. He's a huge scaredy cat haha!

@summer08 whoah 10k management fee! That is crazy. I wouldn't be able to justify/ afford that! Last time my total out of pocket was 3500!

I'm going private and have an ob who we really love. She's seen us through an emergency c-sec and MMC.

Haha! Maybe after a couple more kids he will be keen to perform his own :P DH probably wouldn’t have been keen after 2, but there is no way he would put me through anything else when there is something he could do..... I figure if he is scared then at least he gets the option of a general anaesthetic!

Ugh my boobs are so painful already. Definitely grown a cup size. And I have a bloat belly.... which is not good as I already looked 12 weeks pregnant from the bloat and usually my stomach is flat so people are going to be very suspicious.

Lots of baggy clothes??

I don’t think will will be telling people until Easter so roughly 16 weeks pregnant as we will be visiting my family by then interstate.

Hopefully. But I don’t know if we can get away with that if I’m already looking pregnant?!

Anyone else showing already?

I’m only early days so definitely not showing.. but yesterday my dress was so tight around my bust. When I undressed DH said ‘whoa! Your boobs are huge today!’ 😂 so I guess there’s some changes happening.

I’m thinking of telling family around Easter too and have started to buy a few flowing dresses that will hopefully conceal any sign until then.

I'm glad I'm not the only one already showing. My bloat is out of control. Before I fell pregnant my stomach was quite flat, now it's loose clothes all the way!! I'm already is my nursing crops and maternity undies from last time.

I had my first ob appointment today and everything is looking good. She did notice a small hemorrhage, so has said no lifting or exercise for now and I'm seeing her again in 2 weeks to check on it. Have any of you had an experience with anything similar?

[mention]Zel lala[/mention] I had it with my first daughter. I had some bleeding.. freaked out and went to the dr. The scan showed it was a subchorionic hemorrhage. I just had to take it easy for a week or so but also needed an anti-D injection because I have negative blood type. Everything worked out well and she’s now a very sweet but sometimes moody 13 year old.

Hope it all goes well. So exciting to see your scan! Bet it makes it all feel so real! 😊

Advertisement