IGNORED

Unsure I might be pregnant

Mummyof3

So... It's not just one, it's 2!

Oh goodness - I think you're going to need to turn this in to your own support thread. You'll look back on this journey with amazement.

Jersey Caramel

Wow - congratulations! How far along are you?

You have made me nervous...I am on the pill after 3, really don't want any more (youngest is 7!) but DH is being hopeless about having the snip...

Oh Mummyof3, how are you (and DH)? xox Are you out of denial and into shock yet? EB is here fore you.

(ed to add, please dont take this as a slur on twins, only that a pregnancy was such a surprise for op, so imagine this latest news is even more so)

Oh wow, that's huge news.

Obviously the most pending logistical issue will be your username will shortly be outdated (hopefully that gave you a giggle).

A friend at work got a surprise 3rd which was twins. She took a long time to get over the initial shock (about 5months to be honest) but almost 2 years later has settled and can't believe her luck. I hope the shock is fleeting for you

Green bean, that did make me smile x

Thank you all so so much for your words and support.

I'm around 6 weeks.. things went a bit off that path when the 3 Dr's noticed twins.

We have a 16, 11 and 10 yr old.

Dp is in shock as well.

Dr appt tomorrow morning for full blood results, and assess the pregnancy as a whole so we know what we're dealing with.

Never ever did I expect this, neither my partner or myself have any knowledge of multiples in our families - we prob seem naive, just never thought that would happen with us!

Sorry for rambling on xx

Oh wow, what an update!

Twin mum here, unplanned pregnancy, that ended up being twins.

All the best with your next appointment xx

Sancti-claws

Oh wow!!! And to detect twins so early - they were flat out showing us a heartbeat at 7 weeks back in the day.

Good luck (lol I typed "good cluck" but a bit harsh!!)

I had twins and I also had a baby when my youngest (twins) were 9. This will be a much different experience for you. The older 3 don’t need your direct help with much, so your hands will be free for the babies. And the older ones can help you with things, depending on their personality/ desire. So you might enjoy this experience with a different outlook. My friend just had twins after 3, and her other ages are 16, 14 and 12. She’s loving it this time around.

Karma Sutra

Oh wow!!! And to detect twins so early - they were flat out showing us a heartbeat at 7 weeks back in the day.

Good luck (lol I typed "good cluck" but a bit harsh!!)

Well. I don’t think you were too far from the truth. 😂

Freudian slip perhaps?

Phillipa Crawford

Given that age gap twins is a fantastic result.

You will have three 'step' parents when they are young, it will be the easiest parenting gig ever.

Then they will have each other when the older three start doing there own thing.

My surprise was 61/2 and and 10 1/2 years younger than her siblings

Oh wow what a big shock! Double shock I guess.

As a twin mum and mum of 3, this would be a hard decision if it were me.

If you go ahead with it there is a lot of support out there in multi-land. Lots of big families that were also a surprise.

Advertisement