IGNORED

Low B12 in early pregnancy

Biscuits

My bloods (7 weeks) came back showing that I'm low in vitamin B12. I figured that might explain my fatigue and moments of stupidity. Went home and googled which told me that there was an increased chance of neural tube defects so now I'm worried that I've hurt my baby with my dietary choices (not enough animal products).

I know there's no way of knowing anything until my next scan but does anyone have positive stories for low B12??

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Biscuits

• Mooguru

Top Posters In This Topic

How low is low?

Did you get an injection or advice to start supplements?

Deep breaths, you've found out now. Supplementing b12 is easy enough now you know.

If you can, step away from Google. I know it's hard but low b12 is not uncommon. It's a risk factor not a guarantee.

Take care of yourself.

Forgot to add DS didn't have neural tube defects. I'm pernicious anaemia as is my entire family.

[mention]Mooguru[/mention] thank you, that's what I needed to hear. It's not something I'd thought about before and I guess I'm stressing at the thought of causing damage just for not eating enough fish or meat or whatever. No more Googling!

Advertisement