IGNORED

Overwhelming fatigue. in second trimester

Yasmine

Hi everyone,

So, I'm 40 years old and this is my third pregnancy. In my first two pregnancies, I had overwhelming fatigue in the first trimester. The kind of fatigue where getting up to make a cup of tea was too much of an effort. But things eased off in the second trimester.

This pregnancy however, the fatigue won't go away. I actually wasn't as exhausted in the first trimester. But as the soon as the second trimester started and I'm just so so tired. I'm not anemic and my thyroid is normal. But I am just EXHAUSTED. Some days my legs shake just from standing. This is supposed to be the golden trimester and everyone I know got better when the second trimester started.

I'm just curious if anyone here experienced this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MintyBiscuit

• Jenflea

• magic_marker

• DaLittleEd

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to suggest iron but you've had that checked I guess.

I don't recall being so tired my legs shook, but I also didn't have 2 other kids to run around after!

DaLittleEd

Suggest a trip to your Dr. You might need an iron and thyroid test. Better to err on the side of caution.

ETA - clearly I can't read! You've had them checked!

MintyBiscuit

Both pregnancies I was horribly fatigued the entire time. I’d sleep 10-12 hours a night in my first pregnancy (until the third trimester insomnia kicked in) and wake feeling like I’d been hit by a truck. Everything was an effort. All my bloods etc were fine both times, I had high blood pressure with my first from midway but it was ok with my second. So I don’t really have answers sorry, just sympathy

Advertisement