IGNORED

Due In March 2021

blackcat20

tinselfoil hat

Yeah it's probably good that they appear to be on the larger side now, I have read that twin growth can slow down and mine have possibly slowed down later on in previous pg, maybe due to GD, not too sure!

We're going to get the Carnival! The new one has just come out here, so it might take 2 or 3 months to get the one we want ordered in. It's okay though, either way they wouldn't be coming home until March. And we can put the seats in my current car, it just means the big kids will have to climb over the middle seat into the back 😂 So we will manage short-term. Won't be going too many places anyway!

I don't think DCDA (separate placentas) twins necessarily mean bedrest, but having twins can mean problems like cervical incompetence etc are more likely (mine is good so far, and I have never gone into labour which probably helps!) Those sharing a placenta and even a sac can mean bedrest.

That said, I have spent time in hospital every pregnancy before the birth for my blood pressure, so I'm still waiting for that! My ob just thinks it's good and surprising that it hadn't been an issue yet.

Wow it sounds like things are going really well! I hope you can avoid hospital as long as possible. And great bed rest isn’t inevitable. Gosh our bodies are amazing!

I’m pretty sure if that was my DD having to climb over seats she would love it and it would be a hard habit to break 😂

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackcat20

• tinselfoil hat

• Tealover

• Andi

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! Sorry for being MIA here. Kids off school + uni has consumed my life.

I’m 33 weeks. Feeling prepared. Baby bag and hospital bag almost fully packed. I just need to add my last few bits and pieces. Clothes for bub are all sorted and cloth nappies ready to go. Have just sorted out a new booster seat and shuffling the kids round in the car too 😂

I have a growth scan next Friday. Not particularly concerned about size but about toes 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve had issues with my iron levels though and just waiting on a blood test result for thyroid levels too. Feeling 100 times better on the iron supps though so fingers crossed that’s the only issue. Minor pelvic pain by the end of each day but overall feeling good, which is a nice change from my last two pregnancies that were physically hard in the third trimester.

Getting close now!!

Hey everyone.

Going pretty well here, 30 weeks now and expecting a c-section around 39 weeks if bub continues to grow properly. Next growth scan in a week.

Could do without the sciatica pain down the back of my legs when I'm standing 🥺

Pretty much all sorted here, got our toddlers new car seat so baby can have hers. Bassinet set up, nappies stock piled. Just need to stop myself buying any more clothes 🙈

Sorry to hear about your sciatica pain. Is there anything you can do or is it a case of just bearing it? I am impressed at your organisation! Have you found cute clothes? I just bought a bundle of zippy suits off gumtree. Fingers crossed I don’t have to bother with any other clothes. If only they made adult sizes...

I think some physio might help the pain. I’ve been in the pool this week so hoping that helps too. Plus some basic stretches.

Marquise had a good Boxing Day sale , couldn’t help myself there. Plus Kmart clearance and a few cute best and less items.

tinselfoil hat

Hey everyone! Sorry for being MIA here. Kids off school + uni has consumed my life.

I’m 33 weeks. Feeling prepared. Baby bag and hospital bag almost fully packed. I just need to add my last few bits and pieces. Clothes for bub are all sorted and cloth nappies ready to go. Have just sorted out a new booster seat and shuffling the kids round in the car too 😂

I have a growth scan next Friday. Not particularly concerned about size but about toes 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve had issues with my iron levels though and just waiting on a blood test result for thyroid levels too. Feeling 100 times better on the iron supps though so fingers crossed that’s the only issue. Minor pelvic pain by the end of each day but overall feeling good, which is a nice change from my last two pregnancies that were physically hard in the third trimester.

Getting close now!!

33 weeks, wow! That is wonderful you’re feeling so good and are so prepared! I hope your thyroid is fine. At least that’s easily treatable if not. How are your other kids going with the impending baby?

Getting close now!!

33 weeks, wow! That is wonderful you’re feeling so good and are so prepared! I hope your thyroid is fine. At least that’s easily treatable if not. How are your other kids going with the impending baby?

My 6yo and 4yo are pretty excited, though I imagine it will be a bit of a transition for them both at first. The 2yo is excited about “a baby” but I don’t think she’s going to know what’s hit her, and she’s a super clingy mama’s girl at the moment too so it’ll be rough on her.

• 4 weeks later...
tinselfoil hat

Thanks for asking [mention]Tealover[/mention]. Going ok. I feel like my mental health is taking a dive but otherwise ok. 3.5 weeks of work to go and about 4.5 until baby. Gosh so soon!

How are you doing? How is everyone else?

There must be some babies born soon I guess? [mention]Andi[/mention] ’s twins might be first?

5 weeks till my scheduled CS but I’m nervous I’ll go early.

Spent Sunday night in hospital due to vomiting and reduced fetal movement. Took five hours for bubs heart rate to come down to what they deemed acceptable, it was regularly hitting 200bpm during the worst of it.

tinselfoil hat

Spent Sunday night in hospital due to vomiting and reduced fetal movement. Took five hours for bubs heart rate to come down to what they deemed acceptable, it was regularly hitting 200bpm during the worst of it.

Sorry to hear that [mention]blackcat20[/mention] that must have been terrifying :( are you feeling ok now? Was it a tummy bug?

What happens if baby wants to come early? I’ve been lucky in that I’ve been assured as long as she’s not coming down the birth canal they’ll do a c section anyway. Have you had that reassurance?

Sorry to hear that @blackcat20 that must have been terrifying :( are you feeling ok now? Was it a tummy bug?

What happens if baby wants to come early? I’ve been lucky in that I’ve been assured as long as she’s not coming down the birth canal they’ll do a c section anyway. Have you had that reassurance?

Feeling much better now, they think it was a viral stomach bug. I lost track of bubs movement with all the vomiting which was a bit stressful, then the high heart rate really did me in. I was asleep before they got the reading they were after, sometime around midnight.

Yes they’ll still do the c section. She offered to move it earlier when I saw her this morning but explained why they prefer 39 weeks now. Any signs of issues and it’ll be done ASAP.

I’m 37+1 and super over it now. I’m hardly getting any sleep at night but I still have three other kids to look after so there’s no napping either 😭

I also broke my foot just over a week ago so that’s thrown an extra spanner in the works. I’m keen to fast forward the next five weeks!

If anyone wants to send me a personal chef that’d be great 😂

The time just flies, hope you’re taking some time out where you can [mention]tinselfoil hat[/mention]

Hope you’re feeling better now [mention]blackcat20[/mention]

tinselfoil hat

Oh no [mention]Tealover[/mention] what bad timing! Will your foot have recovered by the time baby arrives? Are you on crutches? That must really add an extra layer to pregnancy discomfort!

I put my chef in the mail to you.

Oh no @Tealover what bad timing! Will your foot have recovered by the time baby arrives? Are you on crutches? That must really add an extra layer to pregnancy discomfort!

I put my chef in the mail to you.

Haha thanks!

Sadly I will still be in a moon boot for the first two-ish weeks post-bub. Definitely not a fun time, but I can weight bear so no crutches thankfully.

Thanks for asking @Tealover. Going ok. I feel like my mental health is taking a dive but otherwise ok. 3.5 weeks of work to go and about 4.5 until baby. Gosh so soon!

How are you doing? How is everyone else?

There must be some babies born soon I guess? @Andi ’s twins might be first?

Not just yet here! Probably in about 3 weeks all going well 😊 I'm only a few days off 34 weeks, which is when I can stay in my city to deliver, so that's pretty exciting!

I hope the next few weeks at work flies by for you!

Two more weeks of work and can't wait to finish up. At least I've only got three more trips into the office planned.

Belly started being sore/heavy when I stand up yesterday so I've ordered some support bike shorts that I hope will help.

• 1 month later...
tinselfoil hat

Baby Marie was born today by caesarean, it was so beautiful compared to her sister’s traumatic birth. She is doing really well. She was 39+2, 3.25kg, 51cm. Feeding is tricky at the moment but with any luck that will improve soon too.

How are you all doing? Any other babies born?

Fabulous news [mention]tinselfoil hat[/mention], glad it went well.

My little boy arrived via CS on Tuesday, 3.96kg which was a bit bigger than we expected.

tinselfoil hat

Awww congratulations [mention]blackcat20[/mention] ! That’s wonderful news! How is it all going for you both? Are you home or in hospital still?

Going well, but lack of visitors is driving me a bit bonkers. One more night then I'm heading home, C section recovery is going well.

Congratulations [mention]tinselfoil hat[/mention] and [mention]blackcat20[/mention] ! Glad the caesars/recovery are going well.

My twins were born 3 weeks ago (time has got away from me sorry 😂) at 35+5. Caesar was brought forward as my BP was starting to rise, blood tests showed pre-eclampsia was starting and my blood sugars dropped at 32w.

Boy was 2.9kg and girl 2.56kg. My ob handed my boy straight over the sheet to me. Even though a bit prem, they were fine and didn't need any help after the birth. They were technically in special care, but were able to room in with us from the start and had all suck feeds. They're just having two small formula top-ups a day which I'm hoping to drop soon! Her weight gain has been awesome, his a bit slower but getting there.

tinselfoil hat

Congratulations on your double delight @andi! That’s amazing they came out in such good shape. What a blessing. I bet they’re so gorgeous being so small!

Congrats [mention]tinselfoil hat[/mention] !! I was thinking about you last night actually.

Glad your recovery is going well [mention]blackcat20[/mention]

Baby boy was born 5/3 here after a super quick labour. Also 3.96kg and 52cm long.

Congratulations on your double delight @andi! That’s amazing they came out in such good shape. What a blessing. I bet they’re so gorgeous being so small!

Haha they are gorgeous, small but not small for me! DD2 was only about 40g heavier at birth at 39+1! And DD1 was 2kg!

Advertisement