• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackcat20

• tinselfoil hat

• Tealover

• Andi

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a bit of a giggle over the fact not a single person in my office has commented on the almost 20-week belly I'm sporting. Particularly as someone congratulated another pregnant co-worker while she was standing next to me. Clearly they think I've been eating my way through lockdown.

Thanks [mention]blackcat20[/mention] !

How is everyone going? It feels like a bit of a nothing time here, 18+2 today. A bit of a hard day here though, our little boy would have been two today 😔

Although I am currently sitting on the couch enjoying feeling some kicks down low from twin A. Not enjoying the lightning crotch ones though 😂🙊 I have been feeling movements for a while, but they're still very infrequent.

Two weeks until our morph scan. I think A is a girl, and maybe B is a boy, but wouldn't be surprised if that was a girl too. DH is preparing himself for four girls in the house 😅

tinselfoil hat

Thanks for setting this up [mention]blackcat20[/mention] !

[mention]Andi[/mention] , I hope your day was ok the other day. Did you do anything special to remember Huw? And how do you tell which twin is kicking? That’s amazing!

Blackcat have you not announced at work? That is hilarious and kind of lovely that nobody wants to be THAT person who gets the bump wrong 😂 how long will you keep it quiet?

I had my midwife appointment the other day and heard baby’s heart beat. It was so special. I also saw a social worker through the hospital because I am really struggling with the thought of birth (and everything that comes after - DD had reflux, food intolerances, never slept, I got PND and PNA, and it was a generally crappy time involving DH getting sick with an autoimmune disease). She’s referred me to a psych so hopefully I get to see them soon. She’s also made a post birth care plan for me so I can have a private room, stay up to 5 days even if there’s no medical reason to do so and DH can stay too and have meals delivered if I’m struggling mentally again. I feel really blessed. I really wasn’t expecting all this help through the public system. And the midwife didn’t think having a c section would be a problem at all, but I need to wait for my next appointment which will be with an ob to talk that one through. So things are looking up!

How is everyone else going? I’d love to hear how you all are!

That's great that they are sorting things out for you [mention]tinselfoil hat[/mention]

I finally got my butt into gear and told my boss yesterday. Got a positive response though I'm sure he isn't too thrilled given I've only been back at work 7 months. I'm back in the office in two weeks, if people don't notice then, I'll start to wonder if these people are as smart as they are supposed to be (research scientists....).

Feeling a bit average today, woke up with a headache. Still got some mild nausea first and last thing too which I'm really over.

Thanks [mention]tinselfoil hat[/mention] . Our little boy isn't Huw, that is another poster. Everyone was out all day, but we had pizza and cake for dinner, a little tradition we started last year (we had gone out for woodfired pizza for lunch on the day he was born). The girls helped with the cake which they enjoyed.

I could tell which twin because it was quite low, and they are sitting one on top of the other. The one on top has an anterior placenta too, so haven't felt as much up there. I did always wonder how my bestie knew which twin was which! Now I know that twin A is named as the one closest to the cervix.

Sounds like you had an awesome appointment with the midwife! That all sounds really great. Hopefully you get in to see the psych soon.

Oh we posted at the same time the other day [mention]blackcat20[/mention]! That's funny, but also maybe just means that your workmates have manners! I remember hearing never to ask a woman if she's pregnant, unless you can see a baby coming out 🤣🤣 I have only told immediate family and close friends or those who I have been speaking to/messaging, but have run into a few people at kinder/swimming etc and they definitely noticed but didn't say anything! I do look full-term though and am wearing fitted tops so I don't just look like I've stacked it on 😂 I reckon there were a few messages flying around after that 😂

Oh we posted at the same time the other day @blackcat20! That's funny, but also maybe just means that your workmates have manners! I remember hearing never to ask a woman if she's pregnant, unless you can see a baby coming out 🤣🤣 I have only told immediate family and close friends or those who I have been speaking to/messaging, but have run into a few people at kinder/swimming etc and they definitely noticed but didn't say anything! I do look full-term though and am wearing fitted tops so I don't just look like I've stacked it on 😂 I reckon there were a few messages flying around after that 😂

I thought they were being polite, but it seems weird to comment on one lady but not the other when they're standing side by side. Very strange. Though one of the other girls in my office managed to go on mat leave without some people even realising :lol:

I don't really feel the need to "announce" it at work, but at least now that my boss knows I can be a bit more open about it.

Hi everyone. I’ve been a bit MIA sorry.

I just finished week 3 of 4 for my prac. I am exhausted but baby is going well, kicking away. My older three kids are sick and the biggest two had to be Covid tested on Thursday. Thankfully DH had to deal with that.

Belated happy birthday to your beautiful boy [mention]Andi[/mention]

Haha [mention]blackcat20[/mention] hopefully they say something eventually so it’s not awkward. I feel huge for (almost) 23 weeks. Definitely no mistaking it here.

mumsytobigones

Hi Ladies, I landed here due to wrong click, don’t belong but wanted to wish you all well. Was reading after realising was in wrong section and thought I’d share a funny before leaving.

I was 36wks pregnant and had to interrupt a colleague for some reason and they were speaking to someone from a different Dept, was obviously a social conversation Turns out the other person was saying goodbye as they were leaving to set up a private bariatric clinic. They cheerfully told me and asked for my mobile so they could contact me personally as soon as they were ready to roll and I could be one of the first in with fee waived, costs only. My colleague said ‘you realise she’s pregnant don’t you’. They apologised and said no, they hadn’t realised. I just looked at them and left. To be fair I just looked massively fat/swollen all over, not particularly pregnant even at 36wks. Def looked pregnant with subsequent pregnancies but for some reason was just an imitation of the Michelin man with my first.

Drank a cuppa half an hour ago, need to get over the urge to pee before I'm due to hold on :lol:

Ugh have fun with that! There was just a post about in a big fb due in group I'm in, I didn't realise places asked you to do that for the morph scan! I'm glad mine requests an empty bladder 😂

I wonder why there’s such a difference. Fortunately mine is only two glasses of water.

Last baby was all internal scans due to position so it’s a bit of a change.

tinselfoil hat

How did you go [mention]blackcat20[/mention] ?

All is well with baby 🙌 although the ultrasound technician did spend a worryingly long time looking at the heart. We are having a girl!

Advertisement