IGNORED

Pregnancy questions and tips

Silverstreak

Oops, no, one and done! This was with DS.

Ha, ok, I thought I'd missed something! Between you starting this thread, and mentioning your pregnancy :D

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is now in its new sub forum, so welcome everyone who wants to chat about pregnancy, pregnancy symptoms, maternity clothes, food cravings or anything else. 😀

Also, I discovered I was pregnant when I ate a whole box of cheezels lol.

I really have to hear this story! How did the box of cheezels lead to you finding out you were pregnant?!

ETA - I'm thinking it was the cravings that tipped you off....but I would eat a whole box of cheezels, pregnant or not, so maybe that's not it 🤪😂

[mention]Ozquoll[/mention], okay the cheezels story lol.

I'd gotten home after driving from the train station in peak hour, so I was a little cranky. DH had gone shopping and I grabbed a box of cheezels and rage ate them. (I like them but don't usually do the whole box in one hit.) Then later on that evening I decided I needed to drive to the shops to get a pregnancy test, as I just had a feeling. DH thought I was imagining things, but I took a test as soon as I got home. I was so surprised that I almost fell off the toilet seat!

Other pregnancy trivia whilst I'm on the subject, I craved steak and garlic, honey on toast and the smell of aftershave. Went off coffee and chocolate. I had this cute little ap on my phone that would measure pregnancy in terms of fruit and vegetables. So in the early weeks they'd show a pea and by the end it was a whole pumpkin, ha ha!

VeritasVinumArte

ETA - I'm thinking it was the cravings that tipped you off....but I would eat a whole box of cheezels, pregnant or not, so maybe that's not it 🤪😂

DH had a rule that if I would have a craving and eat stupid amounts when not pregnant things were therefore not a pregnancy craving. I also devour a box of Cheezles no problems. Currently on an M&Ms craving run (trying not to hear the big Christmas bag of Red/Green ones calling out to me - DH colourblind so this one messes with his vision :mrgreen: ).

Not pregnant or planning any more, but cravings still exist here too.

I used to love M&Ms too, but I'm finding that as I get older, my taste buds are changing and I crave savoury rather than sweet. Those red and green M&Ms do sound good though, I'm a sucker for Christmas themed things!

I had no cravings, but dh was cooking pork chops while I was taking the test.

Can you get more boring?

I want cheezels now, I did have tip which was why I came in but I have now genuinely forgot what it was!

Now I want to know what your pregnancy tip was Seayork!

My pregnancy tip is to get one of those body pillows, they’re nice to snuggle with, lean up against when you’re at the huge and uncomfortable stage.

Now I want to know what your pregnancy tip was Seayork!

My pregnancy tip is to get one of those body pillows, they’re nice to snuggle with, lean up against when you’re at the huge and uncomfortable stage.

One tip but this was not it (still thinking on that one) is but maternity wear if you need it course but don't waste a tonne of money then not need it, yes speaking from experience

• 6 months later...

==== Potentially Distressing Content/Too Much Information Warning, Seeking Advice/Reassurance... ====

I really didn't want to post because saying it aloud makes it more real, but I'm feeling really worried, anxious, upset... I'm in my 18th week of pregnancy and last scan was at 16 weeks, with everything normal, no need to check up with doctor.

Last night before bed there was some spotting/bright red blood on the toilet paper after I urinated. I showered and went to the toilet again and there was nothing. In the morning there was some just light, slightly brownish stains on the toilet paper.

I've just about read 30 articles or more on potential causes. I don't have any cramping. Slight back pain, but I was marking assessment from 5PM to 9PM straight last night before bed, so could just be a sore back from being hunched over.

I don't want to make a big deal of this, but is it a big deal? My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday next week. I have work today. I won't even be able to check back on replies here until after 3PM today... I'm just... so scared...

Edited to add, this is my first pregnancy. I'm 30.

==== Potentially Distressing Content/Too Much Information Warning, Seeking Advice/Reassurance... ====

I really didn't want to post because saying it aloud makes it more real, but I'm feeling really worried, anxious, upset... I'm in my 18th week of pregnancy and last scan was at 16 weeks, with everything normal, no need to check up with doctor.

Last night before bed there was some spotting/bright red blood on the toilet paper after I urinated. I showered and went to the toilet again and there was nothing. In the morning there was some just light, slightly brownish stains on the toilet paper.

I've just about read 30 articles or more on potential causes. I don't have any cramping. Slight back pain, but I was marking assessment from 5PM to 9PM straight last night before bed, so could just be a sore back from being hunched over.

I don't want to make a big deal of this, but is it a big deal? My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday next week. I have work today. I won't even be able to check back on replies here until after 3PM today... I'm just... so scared...

🤗🤗🤗🤗 Your dr is the best placed to give advice on this - call them this morning. They deal with this sort of thing all the time. Likely it is nothing but you shouldn’t wait until next Tuesday.

I would call the dr and ask for a reassurance scan. I was bleeding very heavily from week 6-10 (it all ended up fine). My OB suggested I pop in for a quick scan twice a week over that period so that I wasn't overly stressed (and probably to monitor me as it was a very large amount of clotting to start with).

Better than being stressed and waiting

My midwives were wonderful too. If you are worried, and that blood does sound potentially concerning, go and see the doctor or midwives to check it out.

Yes please go and get checked today [mention]seemingly[/mention], and try to take it easy today if possible. Hope all is well

In pregnancy NEVER feel like you shouldn't bother the Dr or midwives, that's what they are there for!

Blood can be nothing or it can be something to be looked at, but your caregivers NEED to know ASAP because they know you and your body better than we do.

Thank you all so much for your advice and well wishes. I broke down at work and it was hard to pretend for the rest of the day that nothing was wrong. But saw the doctor straight after work, he said bleeding was not normal, but could occur, thought it might be cervix related and then he checked the baby's heartbeat. It was 140bpm and he compared it to mine, so I could hear the two different rates. He said he was sure everything was fine, and that everything on the 16 week scan was fine too. It was such a relief to find out everything was okay. While I was there he also gave me a referral for my 20 week scan and let me know I could come back anytime I was concerned. I always worry I'm wasting people's time and things, so making this appointment really required me to battle my initial reservations. I'm going to try and stick by Jenflea's comment - I shouldn't feel as if I am bothering people. Next time, and hopefully there won't be such a scare like this again, I will make an appointment right away... work can survive without me... it's a hard mindset to shift.

Again, thank you all! Feeling so much better.

mandelbrot

I'm glad you went to see the doctor and it seemed okay. I also had bleeding that seemed to be related to intercourse but the doctor was very happy to keep an eye on it and reassure me. It turned out to be fine in the end, but it was nice to know they would check in case it wasn't fine. I also had a bunch of visits to check movement etc and it was never a bother for them (except the time ds had too high a heart rate and they couldn't send me home until they had a good baseline - I ended up being turfed over the road to the labour ward so the office team could go home for the day).

Advertisement