IGNORED

New baby gift ideas

LifesGood

Inkogneatoh

I love buying baby gifts and like you OP haven't bought any for a long time! A couple of ideas that I tended towards over the years were an outfit for the baby to wear in a larger size. When I had my first baby I had purchased all of the things I needed for when the baby was first born and received a few gifts of clothes as well that were all pretty small sizes. But one friend gave me a lovely pink striped jumper and matching beanie from Seed that were Size 0 and I really loved.

When one of the extended family members had a baby, my aunt was overseas. Bub got a rubber duckie and t shirt from Greece (because that's where she was that day). The shirt was a size 3. Bub was 7 weeks premmie. He's nearly 2 now, and still a long way off fitting into that shirt.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SleepyBear

• LifesGood

• Greenbean

• Kerilyntaryn21

Top Posters In This Topic

Blueskies12

I love the idea of the sleeping bags, especially the Ergo ones (is that what hey are called?) also board books, face washers, socks, singlets, bibs and clothes in bigger sizes.

Another idea is a really nice, easy to clean, picnic blanket. When my son was a newborn being outside on a blanket under the trees calmed him so much, and it was great to have a big picnic blanket to sprawl out on. He was pretty fussy and breastfeeding was hard to picnics became our way of 'going out'.

My go-to is a packet of face washers, a nice blanket, a good hat and hydrogel discs for mum.

Millymook do beautiful hats that are abit special if bub is a girl.

Edited by TinyGiraffe

Another idea is a really nice, easy to clean, picnic blanket. When my son was a newborn being outside on a blanket under the trees calmed him so much, and it was great to have a big picnic blanket to sprawl out on. He was pretty fussy and breastfeeding was hard to picnics became our way of 'going out'.

Ooh this. I also use my picnic blanket when visiting my grandparents so I can put baby down for tummy time on their rug

Advertisement