IGNORED

Baby monitor recommendations

Wolf87

Hi gang

It’ll have been 6 years since I had a new born come my due date. I’m sure tech has moved forward lots since then.

Bungalow style house, only one level, and not big so wouldn’t need huge range. I remember when DD would have longer than usual naps I would panic and think something was wrong, so a really good quality video camera would be good.

Are the breathing ones good? Baby would be sleeping with us for the first year at night, not sure if they are necessary without underlying health issues? I have literally no idea, I had a crappy second hand video one with DD.

Any advice would be great - there’s so much out there.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolf87

• Emissary

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn’t buy a baby monitor but instead purchased a web cam for $50 which we mounted on DS2’s ceiling. I predominately used the app on my phone to watch him.

Ours is called Reolink and has clear night visions, motion sensors, sounds and can be linked up to Google home. Our house isn’t big so we can hear when the baby is crying so I usually have the sound switched off.

It also does recording but we don’t bother recording anything.

We occasionally have my mum over to babysit at night and I can check in without needing to call her if I was just wondering if he was in bed.

I love it and do recommend it. It’s such a cheap alternative to baby monitors and have worked brilliantly.