IGNORED

Pram recommendation

Emissary

I’m looking for a new pram now that DS2 is getting closer to 12 months old. We currently have a bugaboo cameleon that we are not a fan of as it folds in two pieces and takes up almost the whole boot.

I am eyeing the bugaboo bee but DH can’t justify the cost (even secondhand!).

Is there a parent facing sturdy pram, doesn’t weigh more than 9 kgs, folds down neatly, folds in one piece and that costs under $300 (secondhand is ok)? I’m open to any brand as long as it meets all the above.

I keep going back to the bee but DH isn’t a fan.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emissary

• NannyPlum

• Fruitmincepies

• whitewave

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have the Bee 5 and LOVE it. The Bee 6 just came out I think. Are you having more kids so could use that as a reason to justify it to your DH?

Can’t help with a cheaper pram, sorry!

Yup, the Valco snap (linked above) is a great pram. I had the Snap duo for my two boys and loved it. Sturdy, simple, and light weight (relatively, for a double) really good prams for the price.

Or maybe look at the travel prams like the yoyo, or the mountain buggy equivalent. You may need a second hand one to get the price down. When my kids were 3ish, I had a rip-off version of the yo-yo and it became my favourite pram for the shops. Soooo light and quick to open and put away. And soooo tiny when folded. Small basket though.

Thanks! I might go check out the Snap in store.

Unfortunately no more kids but I have a lot of friends who would probably appreciate the hand me down if I do manage to sway DH on the Bee 6. 😂

I’m actually getting my mum a Yoyo to use but the lack of parent facing makes it less appealing to me at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
Fruitmincepies

I went from a cameleon to a mountain buggy nano, but later for DD. DS went into the nano as soon as possible, but he wasn’t as keen on parent facing, whereas DD insisted on it (so we just kept using the cam).

ClaudiaCosette

I ADORE my city mini. I manage to nab one on clearance for like $200 and it's the most used pram. They come up on marketplace pretty regularly.

https://www.babybunting.com.au/baby-jogger-city-mini-2-jet.html

(I got the model before this, hence the clearance 👀👀)

I second the City Mini. Mine is not parent facing (maybe the newer ones are, I don't know?) but once they're past 12 months it's not as important. In all other ways it's absolutely they greatest pram there is. Great quality, light, easy to push, folds up with one hand, easy to clean, and a decent amount of storage space. I used it for my DS and then with DD1 once DS was big enough for the glider board. Now with twins I'm back to using my City Select, but on rare occasions when I only take one twin out, I love the chance to use the City Mini again.

Spidey_Senses

I was going to suggest city mini, assuming you dont need it for long walks or off road.

I have a city lite which is even lighter and I wouldnt recommend that particular model as the brake broke easily, but I read overwhelmingly good feedback about city mini as I was looking to replace with a similar one. The GT is like the city mini but with more offroadish tyres.

Theres a city tour thats similar to city lite, the good bits about city lite is its very light and folds very easily in one piece. It lives in my car and I have a sturdier pram for walks as I walk a lot.

ETA - gah forget everything I just wrote as none of those are parent facing.

I wouldn't make parent facing a requirement

My 10 mo old girls love looking out at the world.

Grab a Citi mini, I think they're the perfect pram

I have a city tour double and two single yoyos for when we split the twins up.

If you're in Sydney my friend has a BJCM she should sell, I reckon she'd let it go for $80.

Thanks everyone.

I ended up with a secondhand bugaboo bee 3 much to my husband’s dismay 🤣.

Love it though and wish I just bite the bullet and bought the bee 6 when it was on sale..

Advertisement