IGNORED

Marble run sets - which one?

jesse_083

We will have a 6 year old soon. He loves playing with marbles so I thought maybe one of the marble run games/buulds would be suitable.

My question is which one?

Quadrille? GraviTrax? Something else?

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesse_083

• riotproof

• Kallie

• GrannySmith

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had my time over I’d get a wooden freestyle building one like quadrilla.

Gravitrax is good. But it didn’t sustain interest for that long and I wonder if 6 is a smidge too young for it.

We’re loving the Connetix ball run my 5yo got for Xmas. He can build small ones himself and we help with bigger ones. DH has been building some great ones. Only issue is it does need more tiles than what comes in the ball run pack to make more elaborate ones. Bonus is 2yo is able to build things with just the tiles.

We got several from ebay for the kids for christmas which are blocks like Lego, and turns out the same size as Lego which is such a win, so we're really happy with them.

Kiwi Bicycle

We got several from ebay for the kids for christmas which are blocks like Lego, and turns out the same size as Lego which is such a win, so we're really happy with them.

I have definitely seen blocks that work with Lego Duplo ( check Aliexpress). As they are not a Lego clone of a real Lego product and only a product that works with it I wouldn't feel bad purchasing them ( it's just like third party Lego lighting system). I like the idea of extending the use of a Duplo collection without adding an entire building system to the mix to store.

Joeyinthesky

We bought the Quadrilla Vertigo for DS1 when he turned 5 (in hindsight, too young but he loves all forms of construction and he grew into it). They really need a very flat hard surface to be stable, otherwise they are frustratingly unstable. We’ve loved it, and bought a smaller top up set later. I found the instructions difficult to follow but DS/DH didn’t, and both kids have enjoyed making up their own tracks.

We also bought one of the sets similar to a PP that looks like duplo and it’s cool but we found it less easy to ‘imagination-build’ or freestyle with it and it just ended up absorbed into the tub of duplo.

Our Quadrilla sets still get pulled out and played with after 7 years. Both kids love them and make up their own tracks as well as following the instructions. They have been well worth the money for us.

DS has two Quadrilla sets. Great quality but as a pp said you need a flat hard surface to build them on so that the pieces all stay in the right place.

Advertisement