IGNORED

DD’s watch is broken...

riotproof

The minute hand broke and it’s stopped and won’t let us wind the time.

It was a $9 one from Kmart for Christmas just to check if she would be responsible with it. And she really has been. Plus it has improved her time telling out of sight.

So. I want to replace it with something that’s better quality but not hugely expensive because she’s still 6. I don’t want a snap band one, because I know she’ll play with it.

Any ideas on what brand to get?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Jenflea

• Rosie28

• Kiwi Bicycle

Top Posters In This Topic

I have these for DD almost 5 and DS almost 7 https://www.steamrockids.com.au/-p0827.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAjeSABhAPEiwAqfxURZJyd5WFeiCcjDtsgq1aw4A0ZyVUw58RmpBw1aNJeicUOwc6UDozUBoCwiUQAvD_BwE

They’re colourful and seem to be able to take a beating.

I was going to reccomend the same. Here's a link to a Melbourne stockist of the Easy Reader.

https://www.thecoffeeapple.com.au/products/easyread-time-teacher-watch

I picked up a nice watch from prouds. simple analogue, waterproof. no extra info to help tell the time and my almost 6 year old is picking it up easily enough.

i originally picked one up from angus and ??? jewellers, but the band was so small that it was on the last hole when done up. definitely try it on before hand if possible. i didnt make that mistake a second time after the too small incident.

good luck on your search.

I wouldn’t recommend the Big W ones. Ours broke quickly and I took it back to exchange because it was chosen as a reward in a difficult period. Front desk lady was so rude she made me cry. Second one broke in same way so I took it to a watchmaker and they repaired it without charge (and made me cry - they must have sensed this cheap, crappy watch was important to us and were so nice). I wasn’t expecting an heirloom but it was completely unfit for purpose.

Don't get a glass faced one.

DD was given one(not cheap either) and the face was scratched to bits within months just from regular use and playing at school.

She now has a Garmin jr with the stretchy band because she can tell the time on a clock and prefers digital(though I far prefer analogue!).

ahh, kids.

I had a quick look round the jewelers and watch stand today and there seems to be a good range. Smiggle didn’t seem to be water resistant which doesn’t seem great, especially when you can get one that is for about $10 more.

I might just take her and let her pick one. Her birthday present was a bit light on, mainly because all the things she loves are things she makes mess with.

Advertisement