IGNORED

Face wash for pre-teen

Lucygoose

I am interested in suggestions for face wash for my 11 year old. My DD is getting a few blackheads and basically has never used anything other than water. She does have sensitive skin.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrankyM

• Murderino

• Dusty

• Lucygoose

Top Posters In This Topic

My Kid is much older than your DD (mines 18) and the only product that has worked for her is Mario Badescu from Mecca, it’s responsibly priced I want to say about $50 for wash, tone and special pimple treatment.

This may be way too early for your DD but it’s worth a mention for the future, in particular Mario’s drying lotion for pimples is brilliant.

DD uses cethaphil (it’s also what I use). It’s gentle but leaves skin clean and fresh. If she needs something a bit stronger, there is an ‘oily skin’ version.

I would go for something very mild and fragrance free like Cetaphil, CeraVe or The Ordinary. Just a cleanser and moisturizer. Setting up the habit of good skincare will stand her in good stead for the long term.

For blackheads, you need a exfoliatant to remove the dead skin and grease. I would look for a lactic acid or salcyclic acid serum/ wash that she uses weekly/ fortnightly to remove build up ( and not a scrub, that just physically damages the skin). I would test on a small patch first to make sure it doesn't irritate too much.

I'm prone to blackheads despite not having oily skin. I mostly use the sukin daily foaming wash in the shower with just a soft sponge or my hands. It seems to keep them at bay as long as I use it every 1-2 days. My skin is sensitive (and I'm allergic to sulfates and a few other things) so this is one of the best ones for me.

Advertisement