IGNORED

Toilet training help

Daffy2016

DD is 3.5 yo and I’ve posted about her ‘challenging’ nature before.

We have been working on toilet training for about two months. I’m confident she knows what to do but she refuses to use the toilet unless basically forced. We try bribes, rewards, ‘we can do this fun thing once you’ve gone to the toilet’ and none of it works. I’ve also tried to problem solve with her and she just shouts and covers her ears or says she doesn’t know.

She comes home from daycare with at least two pairs of wet pants each day. At home, the fight starts every two hours when I ask her to go to the toilet - she won’t go if I don’t ask.

I am at my wit’s end. DH refuses to put her back in nappies.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LemonMyrtle

• Seayork2002

• Daffy2016

• Mocha

Top Posters In This Topic

LemonMyrtle

Put her back in nappies. Your DH is wrong. There is not point continuing if she is constantly wetting. You’re just not going to win by the sound of it.

Nappies for a month or two at least and try again later.

LemonMyrtle

And just to expand on the above, being physically ready for toilet training is separate to being mentally ready. She is probably not mentally ready for the responsibility and demands and interruption to her day that comes with toilet training.

Seayork2002

We just let da toilet train when he wanted to, he had the odd accident but we just left him to it, we did not talk to him or 'train' we just left him to work it out so maybe just dont make it an actual topic and just take the pressure off

We tried when our youngest was 3 and it was t working. And ppl on eb said to put her back in nappies. I did and just after 4, she decided she wanted undies like everyone else. She had a couple accidents yes but it was easier and it all happened very quickly. So put the nappies on and just wait it out?

Advertisement