IGNORED

Bright clothes for boys?

JohnnyComeLately

JohnnyComeLately

I know this is asked periodically, but i can't find the threads.

Where can i buy bright clothes for boys? My DS is 6, and almost all the jumpers I've seen this season seem to be grey, or navy, or boring things like that. He likes bright colours! I've been looking at the girls clothes too, but not much is appealing there atm either.

I know there are lots of cool Scandinavian brands, but I don't want to spend a fortune, if possible.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Purpleblaze

• JohnnyComeLately

• GrannySmith

Top Posters In This Topic

LemonMyrtle

It’s so painful isn’t it? All the boring colours.

Next is good, but they’re always sold out of the sizes I want.

You can get lucky in best and less too, they have some nice bright shorts sometimes and the odd bright jumper. It’s a bit of a mission to find them in their crowded stores, but they’re often there.

Gapkids have some bright colours. I bought my son orange, yellow and red hoodies from the Iconic and also some bright checked shirts. I also found some non grey/navy stuff at CountryRoad this year. I picked up a few during their recent spend&save event.

Living Type

I was coming in to say Next also and also Cotton on kids and H&M. But Next is definitely the best for bright. There are some rainbow galaxy style tees I have just bought for my son. He’s size 10 though so bright clothes are even trickier at those sizes

JohnnyComeLately

Thank you. Yes, Next is sold out of the size i need in the things i want atm! I'll check out the other recommendations.

GrannySmith

Scandi down under

Popsee

Baby goes retro

Kids love rainbow colours

Opps sorry I missed the part about no Scandi brands! There are some good secondhand pages on Facebook for Scandi clothes.

Edited by GrannySmith

Kiwi Bicycle

Word of warning... it gets worse as they get older. It's really depressing looking for size 9-10 upwards. And what's with having Bad Boy and skulls and zombies all over everything? My nephew is a very tall boy for his age ( he's currently 7 years old and is wearing size 12- 14 clothes), do you really think he wants to be wearing teenage boy stuff?

Not as cheap as Kmart etc (but better than scandi options!) a great way of getting colour & pattern into kid’s wardrobes is via redbubble. If you sign up to their app etc they often have really good bundling deals.

Princess Peach

Check the girls section too - there are often perfectly unisex items there, eg

https://www.target.com.au/p/garment-dyed-hoodie/63692556

Just watch the sizing - it can vary between the boys & girls departments for reasons known only to the universe.

Cotton on kids had some nice coloured stuff as did H & M when I was googling on their website earlier today (my big mr needs new pants for winter & loves bright colours.

Boys sizes are bigger than girls because on average boys are bigger. I can usually go down a size in boys clothes for my DD.

H&M even have reversible sequin clothes for boys now.

I was thinking this just the other day. I was lamenting the endless pastel colours in the girls clothes at the moment, then walked through the boys section (can’t remember if it was target or Kmart) and it was all black and navy, royal blue if you were lucky. Girls at least get the full range of pastel colours, just no other shades (and of course, if blue must be accented by pinks and/or frills)

Kiwi Bicycle

Boys sizes are bigger than girls because on average boys are bigger. I can usually go down a size in boys clothes for my DD.

H&M even have reversible sequin clothes for boys now.

Yes, DS has a navy hoodie from H and M, made more colourful by a reversible sequin head of a lion that becomes a tiger. He also had a reversible sequin Pokemon top ( pikachu/ charmander). The top got a hole in it, so I carefully cut the sequin panel out, used fabric glue to stop the edges fraying, and tacked it onto a bigger plain T shirt. I am going to do that until he's sick of Pokemon. Actually Spotlight has lots if iron on patches. You could jazz up plain clothes like that.

VeritasVinumArte

Not cheap as from the US, but I found LandsEnd good for purchasing kids clothing, especially in colours. I always dressed my boys in bright colours. My eldest (16) loves Red and 14yo loves Orange. I had them wearing clothes from Gymboree in the US when they were younger as the brand then had good sales and lots of colour.

A letter to elise

Inexpensive options, I usually go for h & m or best and less. Usually lots of bright colours, and my youngest boy loves the sequinned jumpers at h & m.

If I’m spending a bit more, I love boden, especially for younger boys. Lots of bright colours, fun prints, no spooky pictures or stupid sayings. I usually buy when they have 20% off. My older boy (11) really likes their tween range. Great for good quality hoodies and pants. The tracksuits are $$$ though, so we skip those!

Silverstreak

Target is not too bad, there's a lot of navy, royal blue and khaki, but occasionally I pick up tops in purple, burnt orange, mint green and red.

Just popping in to suggest Boden, I get a lot of DS's clothes from there as we like bright colours here. Its not cheap but they always have stuff on sale. Quality is very good.

Advertisement