• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amdirel

• TeamAwesome

• Jolly_F

• TheGreenSheep

Top Posters In This Topic

Another who was curious about the shower/storms but didn’t want to ask :lol:

When I've lived where I needed a water pump to run the water in the house I often made sure I'd had a shower /eaten / done everything before a storm, as loss of electricity (in a bad storm) meant no water in the house, potentially for hours. (this was when I lived in rural spots)

Note - not saying that's definitely the poster's case, but a possibility.

TheGreenSheep

Another who was curious about the shower/storms but didn’t want to ask :lol:

When I've lived where I needed a water pump to run the water in the house I often made sure I'd had a shower /eaten / done everything before a storm, as loss of electricity (in a bad storm) meant no water in the house, potentially for hours. (this was when I lived in rural spots)

Note - not saying that's definitely the poster's case, but a possibility.

That's the conclusion I came too as well - we have tank water and power outages leads to no water

My 16 yo is fastidious about his hygiene, he showers in the morning and likes to have a bath in the evening. His favourite deodorant is Loccitane at $25, but he buys it with his own money. He also like nice shower gels etc

Can only guess most of you aren’t from here. We’re in SE QLD and Summer here is storm season I assumed it was common knowledge that it’s recommended to avoid showers, baths and dishes until after thunderstorms pass over and sometimes they last here from 2 or 3pm until late into the night.

Can only guess most of you aren’t from here. We’re in SE QLD and Summer here is storm season I assumed it was common knowledge that it’s recommended to avoid showers, baths and dishes until after thunderstorms pass over and sometimes they last here from 2 or 3pm until late into the night.

Yes, risk of electrocution during a storm. No showers, no washing up.

Wait... are you being serious? I have never ever heard this. I'm not in SE Queensland though, so I could very well be naive about these things!

Wait... are you being serious? I have never ever heard this. I'm not in SE Queensland though, so I could very well be naive about these things!

Unfortunately I’m extremely serious a couple of examples I won’t link in case anyone here knows the cases personally but about a year ago on the Gold Coast a woman died showering during a storm and about 3 years ago a teen during an especially bad on that passed over Ferny Grove.

Being wet makes you more conductive and housing pipework is the way it tries to pass through to the ground. Showers and baths don’t tend to be earthed. Apparently newer constructions are meant to be better earthed but I still wouldn’t risk it.

Unfortunately I’m extremely serious a couple of examples I won’t link in case anyone here knows the cases personally but about a year ago on the Gold Coast a woman died showering during a storm and about 3 years ago a teen during an especially bad on that passed over Ferny Grove.

Being wet makes you more conductive and housing pipework is the way it tries to pass through to the ground. Showers and baths don’t tend to be earthed. Apparently newer constructions are meant to be better earthed but I still wouldn’t risk it.

Wow!! You learn something new every day!

StillFreddiesMum

I think mine are unusual (which would is standard round our place) during winter time it was every second day. It is now summer time and they still want to shower every second day but they smell !! We are heading back to school in about a week's time so I will be at them to shower every night . They are not organised enough to shower in the morning but I think back to when I was at high school and I believe that's when I did start showering in the morning and not at night time.

The thing that bugs me the most is I will yell and shout and plea and beg to "go and have a shower" and they rail against it "but I don't need one, I didn't do sport today etc etc" and once they are in the shower - they soak and don't want to come out !!

Wow!! You learn something new every day!

I don't have teenagers, but just on this storm and showers baths things, I had never heard of it until one day I was having a nice relaxing bath with a nice glass of wine and some candles. Dp and I were in a fairly new relationship at the time and it started raining. Well, he came flying in, scaring the crap out of me and my cat who liked to keep me company, to tell me I needed to get out of the bath RIGHT NOW before I got electrocuted. We stared at him like he was a lunatic, but since he'd already ruined my peace and quiet we got out, where he proceeded to tell me all of the above. There was no thunder or lightning.

My cat didn't talk to him for the rest of the night. She was not impressed 🤣🤣

Two teens here, both girls, 18 and 19.

Both shower morning and night and at other times during the day as needed (after the gym, after work - both work in sweaty, smelly jobs)

Never. He will only have a bath. And then wants to stay in for hours. It is so frustrating when he could have a shower in a few minutes and be clean and unsmelly. I always shower in the morning, and have since I was about 10, occasionally at night, if it's been hot generally, but my children all shower in the evening. They (the older two) just sort of moved from having baths to showers and the time slot stayed in the evening.

Advertisement