IGNORED

When does your teen shower?

Jersey Caramel

Jersey Caramel

We have a stinky 12yo (nearly 13yo) in the house! Along with two younger siblings. Since they were babies we have always done bath/shower after dinner, so nice and clean getting into PJs. But I have noticed that DS has started to smell during the day - even if he is wearing deodorant, I think it is more of a hormonal/skin smell rather than underarm BO. So now I am wondering if he should start showering in the mornings instead? But I don't love the idea of hopping into bed dirty, so then should he have two showers a day?! What do your stinky teens do?

I should note I have a very sensitive nose and so I may be way overthinking this. He goes to an all boys school so chances are nobody will be able to pick out his odour from among the general stench!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amdirel

• TeamAwesome

• Seayork2002

• TheGreenSheep

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizzybirdsworth

Always before bed unless extra stinky/done sport. One thing I always noticed was he didn’t put deodorant on after his shower so he needed to be reminded of that.

My teens vary up their showering schedules - sometimes morning, sometimes night. I don’t care as long as it’s at least once a day.

I prefer to shower in the morning, wakes me up. I really dislike showering before bed, only do it if I have been sweating massively, dirty or something!

17 year old in the morning

13 & 15 year old at night.

15 year old some how doesn't stink that much even though constantly forgets to put deorant on, I think it may because he is a very late developer. Voice hasn't even dropped yet!

TheGreenSheep

Both my boys showers nightly, non negotiable. If the stinky teen wants to shower after exercise, sport, before school he does. He is quite fastidious with his hygiene , smell, and hair thankfully. The younger tween may need work LOL.

Hills Mum Bec

DS19 showers just before bed every night. DD16 showers when she gets home from school or if she is working or playing sport after school she will shower when she gets home from that.

When the hormonal odour kicked in, it became morning and night. Always morning on a school day, non negotiable. Usually of an evening, depending on their schedule, sometimes before dinner, sometimes when they get home from sport and had something to eat. Sometimes when they are near me and pong. The older one is just on the other side of that stinky, hormonal phase which lasted a couple of years. Now its just good old fashioned BO. The younger one is just starting the hormone phase. Its pretty stinky!

In summer straight after school which is partly because they reek and partly so they can have showers before storms roll in. Most holiday days it’s about now 4:30-5pm but we’re flexible again because of storms.

We have taught them to put antiperspirant deodorant on after showering so it can have the best and longest time frame to work well and save our noses.

Milly Molly Mandy

The 15 year old......often and they are long. Not sure what he’s doing in there. 🤷‍♀️😉

Seriously though neither my 15 or 16 year olds smell that much even after serious exercise. On school days they shower in the morning, at the moment it’s whenever. They both surf/swim/spear fish so it’s often a quick outdoor shower a couple of times a day when they get back from the beach.

Mine never really smelt bad either, unless directly after sport when they were sweaty. They aren't huge guys though , that may make a difference. Anyway they all shower after getting out of bed, always have.Extra shower of an evening if they are going outon a hot date!

Twin 14 yo boys here. 1 very pongy one showers morning and night. The other each night - less if he can get away with it

17yo DD showers each morning and after sport

Mine shower in the evening. 12 and 13. Thankfully they seem to take the initiative on personal hygiene and I don't have to force them to shower or use deodorant.

In summer straight after school which is partly because they reek and partly so they can have showers before storms roll in. Most holiday days it’s about now 4:30-5pm but we’re flexible again because of storms.

I'm intrigued by this and need to know more please.

Advertisement