IGNORED

teens and medicare

Chocolate Addict

Chocolate Addict

I only just discovered this, others may have know.

Once your kid turns 14yo you no longer have access to their immunisation information.

You need to set them up with their own mygov/medicare account.

They can also get their own medicare card.

This link tells you what they can do at each age. I now need to set up my 15yo with his own account. He has a health care card so has a CRN of his own.

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/information-parents-teenagers/what-happens-when-your-child-turns-15

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MB530

• Julie3Girls

• CrankyM

• Chocolate Addict

Top Posters In This Topic

Just warning you some people have issues getting an online account for them... I know there is a few people (jerry was one I think) who could not access an Medicare records at all, even with their child creating an account. It was like this black hole between the age of 14-18.

Black hole between 14 and 16 I think? Not just with Medicare. I wanted to access my daughters X-rays on line, couldn’t do it because she was over 14, but she couldn’t access them because she was under 16???

Yes, enjoy the 14-16 year old black hole!

Parents can no longer access anything but kids cannot access the information either. Highly frustrating!

Edited by MB530

Jersey Caramel

I find this so ridiculous! I understand not being able to access *new* information from the time they are 14, but why should I not be able to access information from vaccinations/medical appointments when they were 1 or 2 years old?! I mean, I am the one who took them, gave consent and paid for it! So bizarre.

Advertisement