IGNORED

Stop growing up!

Lees75

Letting go is hard! DS17 and I are super close, and I don’t think that will totally change. But just in the last week, all this grown up stuff has happened and I love it and hate it, all at once!

He decided to get serious about getting his hours up to get his Ps, finally, so he has been driving me all the time. And then tonight I took him to the GP for a suspected broken hand, but he went in on his own.

And also today... he asked me permission yesterday to go bowling in his frees/after school today. He was a tad cagey about who with, so I figured perhaps with a new young lady that he met recently at a leadership conference that he has been video messaging constantly. I didn’t pressure him, in fact I played it super cool and told him I trusted him to sort his own homework schedule out, given that he always has anyway, with good success. I think he was embarrassed to bring it up, but eventually mentioned in a round about way, when he got home tonight, it was a double date. He has always had loads of friends that are girls and is a popular, easy-going kid, but never had a girlfriend because he is everyone’s best friend. And I think he is close. And I am happy for him.

But what happened to my baby???? The one from my old EB signature....

55-D80-E05-797-F-41-AB-8-F81-B105-F8-D03-FD5.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lees75

• Dadwasathome

• Rainycat

• coastlife

Top Posters In This Topic

It is XH's birthday today, so we were just having a quick chat on messenger, and I was filling him in on some of the dating details. He told me "Behave and stop stalking - lol!" He's probably right....

I remember that photo Lees!! Can’t believe they’re so grown up now.

Someone mentioned an event in the year 2023 to me the other day and I realised that’s the year DD will be 10 (10!) and it seemed so far away, but I know that day will be here before I know it. Made me a bit sad thinking about how fast the time is going.

Dadwasathome

My older two are taller than me now. It’s disconcerting.

DS18 has been taller than me for a couple of years. I’m 6’3”.

DS13 is almost as tall as 5’9” DP

VeritasVinumArte

I will be the smallest in my family soon. DD 11yrs will pass me before Christmas (OK I am a short ass at 150cm, but so are 2/3 of my kids.... they got my genes not 180cm DHs). Out of 6 nieces/nephews I am only taller than the 3 who are aged 4-8 yrs.

All the other adults in my extended family are taller (including my MIL and mum).

I am the shortest in my family now, with DD13 overtaking DD17 recently. She just keeps on growing!

DD17 got her P's at the beginning of the year and it took me a while to adjust to her and her freedom and independence. I admit to having a meltdown one night to my best friend thinking I had "lost" her but I think it was the initial burst of freedom and a boyfriend break up. Things are a bit more normal/calm now as she is in Year 12 and busy busy with studying and assessments.

DD ASKS to be let off in the school car park and not walked to class. Started last week (yr 5). This from a kid who cried at every drop off for Playschool, preschool, kindy and half of year 1. She still asked me to walk her to class last week, at least twice.

Honestly, I expected to be still walking her to class in yr 7 lol.

I'm in complete denial about her ever dating though, or moving out.

Advertisement