IGNORED

Melbourne state school - music extension program

Avienda

Hi, I am considering moving from Brisbane to Melbourne for a job. However, my 12 year old son has just started Year 7, and is part of a structured music extension program that he had to apply for entry to. In addition to extracurricular ensemble/choir and weekly instrument (cello) lessons, he does separate music lessons including learning guitar, composition, etc tbrough to Year 10. I am wondering whether similar programs can be found in any state high schools in Melbourne, and if so what type of entry requirements might exist? Thank you 🙂

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwi Bicycle

• wiglet

• The Little Engine

• Avienda

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
The Little Engine

University HS, Melb HS, Blackburn HS and McKinnon all the have extremely good music programs but you either have to live in the school catchment zone or gain a scholarship (I think).

I am a music teacher in a regional state school (with a fantastic contemporary program) and have lots of contacts in Melb so pm me if you think I may be able to assist.

Kiwi Bicycle

I heard a rumour that Bkackburn is low enrollments from in zone, so will have more out of zone slots available..

I haven't confirmed that though.

Advertisement