IGNORED

Uniform Shop - No stock?

qak

I had to take the kids to the school uniform shop this afternoon, as they've both outgrown their sports tracksuit pants. Different schools, but at the same shop, they make the uniforms.

They didn't have stock in either child's size, and appeared to have some other gaps in sizes stock (empty shelves). The shop took over from two other retailers where I never had this issue. Their sizing is completely different from the previous shops so I can't guess the size and order. The missing sizes were 12-14-16 so I think this would be pretty commonly requested.

It is a bit frustrating to get there as they have odd hours, they are only open the three afternoons & one morning my kids have other stuff on.

Is no uniform stock something other parents have come across?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Princess Peach

• DaLittleEd

• IamtheMumma

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, our uniform shop often goes out of stock of certain sizes. The minimum order requirements impact on this sometimes, especially in a smaller school.

Princess Peach

School photo date was announced today, so I went onto our shop to order DS a new shirt (his are all trashed) - no stock of shirts in sizes 8, 12 or 14.

Primary school here so they would be very popular sizes.

Ron Swanson

Very common for this time of year, with the change of weather and change into the winter uniform, there would have been a made rush for stock by other parents.

Both my kids schools have had supply issues this year (and a bit last year), for the first time. COVID is still impacting international shipping

Princess Peach

Very common for this time of year, with the change of weather and change into the winter uniform, there would have been a made rush for stock by other parents.

We don’t have a winter uniform, so that can’t be our school’s excuse.

I went to the uniform shop last week. It supplies about 15 schools in the area. There were lots of sizes out of stock. As per PP they need a minimum order size. Luckily an order of jumpers for DD's new school has just come in so I could get one.

Spidey_Senses

We are allowed generic polos and shorts or plain navy trackpants but I can never find them in stock in the kids sizes, given that our school uniform colours are very common. Thats in Kmart, Target, Big W etc.

Chicken Pie

Both my kids schools have had supply issues this year (and a bit last year), for the first time. COVID is still impacting international shipping

same

Dadwasathome

We’ve had terrible availability at ours. We ordered trackies months ago, and guessed the size based on all the others we’ve bought there A and they’re around two sizes to big. No consistency across anything.

IamtheMumma

I think its universal thanks to covid and delays. I'm waiting for new uniforms from work. By the time they arrive, I've lost more weight and need the next size down. The cycle continues.

Oh crap, this worries me. We’re moving soon, and all four of my kids changing schools. I’ll obviously be buying new uniforms for all of them, of everything they need. I really hope we don’t struggle to get them uniforms!

Don’t have this issue where we are now, but we’ll be moving to a higher populated town and I didn’t even think about the possibility of not finding what they need.

I used to run our school uniform shop and do the ordering. Our school is out of a few things, but I do think it is to do with poor ordering! Sometimes the unexpected happens - lots of new enrolments or unusual demand. Other times the person running it may not be on top of numbers needed. If an item is going to take 4 months to arrive, you need to be on top of numbers for it!

No stock issues here that I know of, but I don't know, because I can't damned well get there! There is a shop in town that used to stock a lot of the non logo'd items. Went in on Monday- nope, even socks and ties must be purchased directly from the school uniform shop.

The shop that opens from 2-4pm ONE day a week. On the day I need to rush kids to a 3.30pm swimming lesson 🤦‍♀️

Depends where you are.

We recently relocated from Brisbane to a large country town in Victoria. Over a dozen other families relocated from Melbourne City suburbs to our school alone within the last term.

We got the basics, I am happy with that.

I was told as long as you've got the polo and the school jumper, you can get the rest at big w or best&less. We got the thicker school uniform trackies though, because it is cold here.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually work at my daughters uniform shop. The past year with covid has been hard to get stock...and I mean very hard. Also, remember that big ship that got stuck in the suez canal??? That hasn't helped. We try to get the stock that is needed but it also costs to have stock on the shelf that doesn't sell. I think families are going to have to understand that after a year we have had nothing will be going back to normal in a hurry. We do our best getting stock...mostly it is out of our control getting it....especially at the moment. And I guess I am saying it is not only getting stock from overseas that is the problem....even here in Australia after the year we have had it is going to be a while before things are back to normal...whatever normal is these days!

Our school changed top design last year, right as Covid hit.

First supplier couldn't actually supply it so we had to change suppliers. Who then had issues with shutdowns and sourcing fabrics etc.

We are allowed generic polos and shorts or plain navy trackpants but I can never find them in stock in the kids sizes, given that our school uniform colours are very common. Thats in Kmart, Target, Big W etc.

Order online and half a season ahead…

Target will have school uniforms in stores at the beginning of December, winter uniform will be available at the end of February.

Target also has online-only bulk packs of polo shirts that are cheaper.

Advertisement