• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VeritasVinumArte

• Seayork2002

• Lees75

• Chchgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

ClaudiaCosette

I would be pleasantly surprised too to see kids coping so well with difficult situations. It really helps to be able to laugh sometimes. Of course there could be situations where it's inappropriate or could be offensive, but these kids sound like they are owning their issues - great to see.

I find humour has helped our family a lot, especially my kids, like when my mum had brain surgery earlier this year - she joked about it with them and although they knew it was serious, it really helped them process it that they could laugh about it.

I use dark humour.. I have to be careful who I use it around though! I wonder if dark humour has become a bit more 'out' in response to the rise of positivity style stuff. I have to say nothing gets me feeling sarcastic like a 'live, laugh, love' cushion selling for $5.00 at kmart.

Is dark humour anti positivity? The people I know who use dark humour the most are often some of the most positive people too (although not in a #blessed or live, laugh, love cushion kind of way).

• 2 weeks later...
StillFreddiesMum

I love dark humour. I would be proud of both those kids for (a) surviving something awful and (b) then finding the dark humour / silver lining in doing so. Being able to find something funny (dark humour) in some awful situations is - to me - still being able to laugh at life even when life sucks.

Spidey_Senses

I think they are both wonderful. Those kids have been through some tough times more than some of us adults will ever see and they are coping how they can. I dont think the quotes are offensive and I think the first one particularly is empowering. Somebody on EB used to have a similar quote IIRC about my boob tried to kill me.

Advertisement