IGNORED

Year 12 support

Over and out

Well done to all the year 12’s from last year. I can’t imagine the stress and angst. Top marks, scraping by or not passing, it’s been an awful slog under significant pressure. Hoping whatever your kids do next works for them.

Over and out

well done to all those who have finished their VCE.

Does anyone know if you have a child in year 11 but doing 2 year 12 subjects whether we would have to wait an extra year to find out how he went in his year 12 subjects or whether the results are known for those 2 subjects at the end of the year they complete them (DS is in this situation in 2021)?

They find out them the year they do the subjects. So if he is doing Y12 subjects next year, he finds out the results next year. To the extent one of the Vic private schools highlights how well their Y11 do in Y12 subjects when they publicise their results.

That’s an incredibly long time to wait! In NSW, all candidates of an exam find out at the same time. If the student isn’t happy with the result, they can resit the exam of the same course the following year.

Obviously I did not explain well. All kids find out their results for the subject at the same time. So if a Y11 does a subject they find out at the end of year 11 that result.

Sorry I was not clear.

Obviously I did not explain well. All kids find out their results for the subject at the same time. So if a Y11 does a subject they find out at the end of year 11 that result.

Sorry I was not clear.

Oops sorry - you explained well. I read it wrongly due to erroneous preconception because the thread was on Yr 12 results which have just come out.

Congratulations all, such a tough time with COVID.

Mine dd got a 36 for her year 11 VCE dance subject. It was such a funny year with the dance program changed mid year due to COVID. Skills based solo chopped out completely and one dance worth 50% instead of two at 25% each.

She was happy to a point but wanted a little higher, to definitely make it one of her top 4 subjects. Now not so sure if it will be and stressing because she picked methods for next year which is her weakest subject....

Onwards to 2021. One down and five to go.

CB

• 2 weeks later...

Thats great KShy, she could get her 1st choice in 2nd road?

Hopefully but at the end of the day either course will get her into her preferred finish - this one probably has more employment options if she decides to finish after this course. She wanted Melb Uni for its Elite sports program and access to the athletic track - me as a parent can see the longer picture of employment!!!

• 5 months later...
SFmummyto3

Resurrected this older thread!

Wondering how the 2020 cohort are all going this year?

dd is loving Uni and has made new friends, she doesn't see her school friends much any more. She said many of the old school groups split apart and it was difficult to maintain the friendships when stuck at home for so long last year. She's just applied to change her course mid year, and was always on the fence deciding between two. Isn't really enjoying the current one so hopefully will get in. I keep thinking of the extra cost involved ugh. Has a casual job but in hospitality so work has been sporadic and is looking for an additional job. 

DD is loving Uni - still establishing friendships as she takes a while - hoping she has some of the same ones this semester.  Only on campus one day a week so getting to work a lot.  High school friendships are drifting apart as they are spread out all over the place.  She is such a different girl than last year - so much more relaxed

• Like 1

Over and out

Uni is going ok in this house. His group assignments have ended up with a  great group - a couple of assignment were just two people. And they are aiming to be in the same groups next semester. 

A bit disappointed in the course structure they made for 2021 though, it has not worked well for many.

He has been on campus three or four days a week, normally only for two to thee hour tute.  (who thinks a tute that long makes sense).

With a combination of COVID and time, OMG uni is different to back when I was at uni

He is still great friends with his main three friends from secondary school. They are at a different uni, but the common love of gaming helps, as it does not require in person.

He has a part time life as a pool life guard which is great, and his girl friend is at the same uni - different course and different year.

• Like 1

Advertisement