IGNORED

What's for dinner (menu plans welcome)

Silverstreak

Shifting my kransky and cabbage to tomorrow. My son is taking his girlfriend out for dinner for her birthday, so I’m seizing the opportunity for mushroom pasta (he hates mushrooms). Might do a gnocchi.

Quick and easy for us tonight - chicken tenders, McCain’s Pommes, peas, corn, and capsicum, and maybe some of the rye bread I made this afternoon on the side.

F5837-C38-600-F-4114-B417-46-C6-A327-C1-DF.jpg

Last minute dinner inspo, playing around in the kitchen. I made a simple curry, using the Naturli chick-free pieces, onion, leek, garlic, potato, butternut pumpkin, eggplant, sweet potato, kale, curry powder, coconut cream, and topped with chopped chives.

That bread looks amazing.

I made quesadillas tonight. Thought the kids would love them but they didn’t. Never mind, they were delicious and DH and I happily finished them off.

Pumpkin and bacon risotto.

Tomorrow will be chicken paprikash, and Tuesday is supposed to be cool so I might get rid of a corned beef that’s been lurking in my freezer for ages.

Did wood fried pizzas tonight.

Planning for this week:

Steak

Chilli

Sausages

Pork cutlets

Chicken

Mix of veg and salad with each meal depending on my mood

Fruitmincepies

Tonight was sausages, kaleslaw, and sweet corn with miso butter.

Then:

Nagi chicken salad with avocado dressing

Steak with ottolenghi greens with tahini sauce

Ottolenghi butternut pumpkin with chilli yoghurt and coriander dressing, with spinach to turn it into a salad, maybe some chickpeas too?

Miso eggplant with chicken skewers and broccoli

Meatballs

Last night I gave into the kids request of Poppyseed Chicken. They saw it on Instagram or something & begged me to make it. Didn’t think I would like it but was pleasantly surprised. Will probably make it again.

Tonight will be marinated Steak & Salad.

Guest Alias Grace

Tonight was sausages, kaleslaw, and sweet corn with miso butter.

Then:

Nagi chicken salad with avocado dressing

Steak with ottolenghi greens with tahini sauce

Ottolenghi butternut pumpkin with chilli yoghurt and coriander dressing, with spinach to turn it into a salad, maybe some chickpeas too?

Miso eggplant with chicken skewers and broccoli

Meatballs

I think chickpeas would be a perfect addition to your salad. I often add roasted spiced ones to my salads if I am having them as a main meal - protein + extra flavour + crunch!

Rilees_Mama

Last night was lasagne from the freezer. Tonight will probably be the same! My house is a mess because I've been run down lately, so I'll probably give it a once over tonight, hence the easy freezer meal.

Tomorrow I think I'll do baked spuds again, with corn cobs (please let there still be some in the fridge!), mushies and salad. Maybe more koftas too.

Thursday, no idea. Probably leftovers from Wednesday!

Last night was chicken burgers - half a kg of mince, 1-2 slices of bread turned into breadcrumbs and mixed with about 1TB of milk, and the magic ingredient - celery salt. Makes 4.

Tonight will be either oven baked sweet potato fries with guacamole, sour cream and black beans fried with capsicum, onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and finished with lemon juice, or this NIgel Slater recipe for pork patties: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/apr/13/recipes.foodanddrink

Silverstreak

We had more chicken pesto pasta last night.

Today I'm having 5;2 soup, DH is having leftover sausages and vegetables.

Tomorrow might be takeout or enchiladas with the filling from the freezer.

Thursday 5:2 again.

Friday might make chicken satay in the slow cooker.

Tonight is chicken parmas with potatoes and a salad

Wed - Steaks salad and a feta grattan

Thursday - General Tso chicken (which we call crunchy chicken here)

Friday - Home made pizzas

Tonight was chicken kebabs with roast veggies and potato wedges. Delicious!!

Last night, pork chops and mash with steamed veggies

Night before burritos/ chilli stuffed zucchini

Tomorrow - pizza

Thursday steak chips and salad.

I’m loving my meal plan for this week.

Friday will be take out or DS will lose it 🤣

We are having fajitas because I’m craving them... tomorrow we are having chicken salad because it’s quick and easy. (It’s just whatever salad you like, mine will have lettuce, corn kernels, butter beans, very thin pan fried pumpkin, feta and then chicken snitzel patties fried then sliced thinly and tossed in the salad. The kids and I will also have tomato. Dressing is usually a creamy garlic I get from the shops that isn’t mayonnaise based or good old balsamic and garlic.)

Rilees_Mama

I found some pumpkin falafel type things in the fridge that had to be eaten last night, so I had some of them with hommus and roast veg - sweet potato, carrot, onion and potato. Leftovers tonight. Now I have no idea what I'll have tomorrow! Maybe the lasagne I was going to have last night.

I did miso ginger salmon with rice last night. Toddler inhaled an entire fillet which was a big win. Tonight is just snags and salad, corn etc

Absolutely drooling over some of these meals. Might just do the rounds for dinner with you guys, I think. Who wants to host me first? ;)

We have a few lemons that need using up... so you'll probably recognise a theme.

Picked up some incredible salmon this morning from Harris Farm which I'm going to turn into a creamy salmon, lemon and dill linguine.

DS doesn't like salmon, so he'll have a sausage and some veg.

Tomorrow night we're having Moroccan lamb racks, cous cous.

Friday is zucchini, haloumi and lemon fritters and salad.

Saturday we're going out for a kid-free dinner with some friends (yay!) Off for Mexican. Going to eat my weight in churros.

Sunday is roast lamb with you guessed it... lemon, and rosemary.

Absolutely drooling over some of these meals. Might just do the rounds for dinner with you guys, I think. Who wants to host me first? ;)

We have a few lemons that need using up... so you'll probably recognise a theme.

Picked up some incredible salmon this morning from Harris Farm which I'm going to turn into a creamy salmon, lemon and dill linguine.

DS doesn't like salmon, so he'll have a sausage and some veg.

Tomorrow night we're having Moroccan lamb racks, cous cous.

Friday is zucchini, haloumi and lemon fritters and salad.

Saturday we're going out for a kid-free dinner with some friends (yay!) Off for Mexican. Going to eat my weight in churros.

Sunday is roast lamb with you guessed it... lemon, and rosemary.

Yum! I love lemons! I made a lemon delicious pudding on the weekend and gave some to the toddler (who doesn’t get much junk food poor wee thing) and she shouted out loud CAKKKKKEEEEE and burst into the birthday song haha.

I’m actually kinda ok with her thinking that cake only comes for birthdays....

Advertisement