IGNORED

What's for dinner (menu plans welcome)

Silverstreak

riotproof

2 is such an annoying age for that. I’d say.... ooooooh, excellent, some for. Y lunch tomorrow and take it away. Don’t even stress about it.

Anonymouse

Miss 2 declared the lasagne 'eww' without tasting it. Would love to get my hands on whoever taught her that.

My miss 2 has started “yucky” and “no like that one”. Driving me mental!

Just made a chickpea and sweet potato, and an eggplant and cauliflower curry for dinner tonight. Will cook up some rice later, and maybe try to make some flatbreads to go with it.

blackcat20

2 is such an annoying age for that. I’d say.... ooooooh, excellent, some for. Y lunch tomorrow and take it away. Don’t even stress about it.

I took it away, gave her a mandarin and moved on to bath time.

I'm making udon noodle soup.

I wanted to make a hot pot but can't find a hot pot I like and my fondue pot is a bit small for 3 people I think.

LemonMyrtle

I’m defrosting lamb cutlets, think I’ll serve with simple sides of mashed potatoes, peas and corn.

Seayork2002

I went to woolies on the weekend and saw some chicken kievs in the fresh section and was unsure as supermarket kievs and I have a complicated history with each other, we tried them last night but they were actually really nice, sure processed chicken but I actually liked them and the filling was nice too

we put them with normal vegetables

ooh maybe I can do kiev's tomorrow!

I was going to do them when DD was at camp (buying 3 is pricey!) but ended up with this weird garlic chicken fillo that had cheese and rice and no garlic hardly in the stuffing, wrapped in fillo.

Need to make sure I have regular plain flour or a blend of alternatives, rather than gluten free plain only which was all I had. The flatbreads just didn’t work - they broke apart and didn’t puff up at all. Thankfully they taste much better than they look.

83-AA5-CBC-0-F85-40-C8-962-F-CE29-DDB3-C77-D.jpg

Silverstreak

Defrosting some bacon, so I might do bacon, eggs, baked beans and tomato on toast for dinner.

riotproof

It’s just a little bit cold, soooo it’s going to be pea and ham soup. Have bought a baguette to go with it. They will be excited. It’s the first day that really feels wintry here and it’s only 16c.

blackcat20

Leftover spinach ricotta lasagna for me, cheesy pasta for toddler. Chicken Kiev with veg tomorrow.

Givingitanothergo

We got a Marley spoon box this week and tonight is creamy coconut chicken soup

Pizza and garlic bread after swimming tonight.

Thinking of trying tofu coated in French onion soup mix and either baked or shallow fried tomorrow.

I used some wet paper towel instead of a tea towel, did the job.

The quantities abs rolling was definitely better the more I did :lol:

LemonMyrtle

Sausages tonight, with bread rolls and salad and people could do whatever they wanted with it. I made mine into a sausage-hamburger. Kids loved it, DH did not.

DH says he doesn’t want left over sausages for dinner tomorrow. But I think that’s what he is getting.

Less is more, right? Which dipping sauces did you make?

Yes definitely better with less.

We just had ABC sauce, might get fancy with the sauce next time.

riotproof

Hoisin sauce is nice.

So is sweet chilli. Can add a squeeze of lime and garlic for a bit extra.

I make a nut dip with treenut spread, garlic, ginger, soy and lime that is quite good. Could use peanut butter.

Silverstreak

We are all stuffed tonight so DH and I are splitting a kebab, and DS is having chicken satay with some of our chips.

Advertisement