IGNORED

What's for dinner (menu plans welcome)

Silverstreak

A continuation of Riotproof's wonderful thread.

Tonight was going to be vegetable soup, but I had Hungry Jacks instead!

Edited by Silverstreak

That baked pumpkin salad sounds good!

Lamb tomorrow (as we defrosted a double quantity) and then on the weekend I'm going to try that baked chorizo risotto, have most of the ingredients.

Ooh I’ve always wanted to join this thread but could never catch up with it and spent all my time reading. Also didn’t post much until recently but the threat of loss has had the effect of making me want to lurk less and post more

Omg glad I’m not the only one! I think I read up until March 2020 posts on that thread...

We had pilaf for dinner.

Ooh I’ve always wanted to join this thread but could never catch up with it and spent all my time reading. Also didn’t post much until recently but the threat of loss has had the effect of making me want to lurk less and post more.

This is me too :D

I need to commit to meal planning for more than two nights in a row so joining this thread will hopefully inspire me to get organized!

But Maccas for dinner tonight though...

Chickpea/lentil burgers tonight. They are better than they sound! We've just started calorie counting this week, and it's been a bit of a shock to the system :lol:

FeralRebelwClaws

Tonight was ginger ale silverside with silky sweet potato mash, mustard sauce and steamed pumpkin, cauliflower and purple carrots.

I am loving using my new thermie! Tomorrow I am out for a 4 course dinner with matching cocktails, so no cooking.

I am just planning my shop for next weeks copy. This week is Tuna Mornay, Apricot Chicken, Mongolian beef and mac and cheese with a twist.

I generally have a months worth planned ahead. I do 5 meals a week, take away once a week and then leftovers one night.

I woke up this morning thinking I'd like to have meat pies for dinner tonight - get on facebook and there's nagi with a meat pie recipe - either facebook are getting so good they can read the thoughts in my head now, or its just meant to be - so meat pies it is tonight.

Hills Mum Bec

DH is away for work this week so dinners have been a bit slap dash, there is just not enough time to cook. Tuesday was leftovers for the kids and I microwaved a whole potato and chucked some sour cream on it. Last night was supermarket BBQ chook with supermarket salad.

Today I bought an air fryer and tested it out for dinner. Seasoned chicken thighs with sweet potato chips was on the table within 20 minutes. Tasted great and I’m very impressed.

Have you got a recipe for the burger patties? Sounds delish

Still perfecting the recipe but it was a can each of chickpeas and lentils (drained and rinsed), with a clove of garlic, an egg, fresh herbs (we used coriander and parsley), salt and pepper, tbsp of flour to make it hold together.

Combine in food processor until smooth (or manually mash, chop and mix), press into patties and refrigerate for at least an hour before cooking. Makes 5 decent patties.

It's very much open to experimentation, although the trick is getting them not too mushy, so they don't just fall apart.

A letter to elise

I bought a big piece of beef fillet on special.. I have no idea what to do with it. Maybe brown it in a pan, then roast? Will have to do some googling for ideas.

Thanks for sorting out a new thread, I’m glad it’s going to keep on going.

Tonight the plan is hummus bowls with seasoned beef mince and garlic sauce, might do roasted eggplant as well depending on what I find at the shops. Fresh mint and chilli, toasted flat breads.

Tomorrow is the daughters birthday and I think she’s deciding between take away Indian or maccas (I know what I’m hoping for!) Halloween themed cupcakes for dessert.

Sunday I’m hoping for nice weather to get the smoker out, I found a pack of beef short ribs lurking in the freezer and now I’m annoyed with how much room they’re taking up. I’d probably do some chicken, corn, and potato salad with it.

I cube if for a curry too. I find that by using fillet beef, I can kind of replicate the long, slow cooked texture of restaurant curry without having to cook it for hours. I do marinate my cubes for a day though.

I would roast it. You should be able to get it nice and tender if you are careful with it. Wouldn’t need much seasoning, just a little mustard or even just salt abc pepper. Yorkshire puds, gravy, roasted potato etc Or you could make beef Wellington!?

I am unsure what to do tonight. Dd has two mouth ulcers, which suggests she is not eating well? And is also making her not eat well, iykwim? I had to go to the baby section at the pharmacy for the first time in a long time to get bonjella.

So, something with cooked veg that she likes? She isn’t overly a fan of soups, not ones with cooked veg in them anyway,

We are having steak and a pasta side that DH discovered in Jamie Oliver's Italy book (pasta, peppercorn and pecorino) with broccolini, not my favourite combination I will admit but looking forward to it in a way

Lamb and gravy, cooked the other day, plus I'll roast some potato and steam some peas.

Tomorrow, chorizo risotto and I think I need to get a bottle of Passata, as DH requested a tomato flavour.

Sunday, probably pizzas.

Chicken, sweet potato, cauliflower and cherry tomato tray bake here- so easy, will pop some marinated goats cheese over the top and call it done.

Oh it must be you who inspired me to get mine out of the freezer. Though I’m not sure it’s happening tonight. Or maybe it is, since I don’t have any better ideas.

I want to try my pressure cooker recipe. So maybe that plus mash for Dd? Frozen peas would have appreciated by her as she loves them cold.

Advertisement