IGNORED

Baking chatter

riotproof

Yesterday's effort.

IMG-20210319-1921572.jpg

Very pretty and no doubt a young girl's dream - but my teeth ache just looking at it!! I am a 100s and 1000s scraper (but then, I am also a cream scraper and sometimes a buttercream scraper - the paler imitation variety, not the musclebound awesome stuff!

LOL - it was for 59yo!

• Like 1

Sancti-claws

I just baked biscuits - dried apricot oatmeal choc chip breastfeeding bikkies (yes, even though it has been > 10 years, they still get cooked because they are delicious and added benefit they make the whole digestion ride that much better) - I roll the dough into balls and freeze then put 1/2 dozen into bags for easy grabs on "what the heck are the kids (inc DH) going to eat" moments - like the one this morning when I realised that me being away across the weekend means that DH got sweet FA in terms of staples in the fridge, It will be an interesting lunchbox.

In the process of making an apple and raspberry hot cross loaf at the moment. Goodness knows what it’s going to turn out like though.

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or the Nagi thread but oh my goodness, just made her vanilla cupcake recipe with DD2 and they turned out beautifully, extremely moist and light. I did have to substitute in self raising flour, which she specifically says not to, but I didn't realise I'd run out of plain.

https://www.recipetineats.com/vanilla-cupcakes/

Fruitmincepies

I just made magic bean cake (it’s chocolate). A tin of red kidney beans and 5 eggs - a good way to get protein into DS. So far he’s just eating the icing :lol:

I just made magic bean cake (it’s chocolate). A tin of red kidney beans and 5 eggs - a good way to get protein into DS. So far he’s just eating the icing :lol:

Do you have a link for the recipe? I'm thinking it would be a good way to improve DD3's diet.

Fruitmincepies

I used this recipe today, I upped the sugar a bit by accident (DS was helping me).

https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/kidney-bean-chocolate-cake-recipe/hzmw1hp3

This is my other favourite for getting some nutrition in DS (I use whole grain wholemeal flour and no chocolate pieces)

https://www.recipetineats.com/chocolate-zucchini-bread/

Both recipes work as a big cake or as cupcakes.

No pictures, but my husband has just made Nagi's hot cross buns again. They smell and look so good and I have to wait for them to cool. No fair,

• 1 month later...

I made the orange and cardamom biscuits from the latest coles magazine. Bit of a keeper I think.

For the vegans, I used nuttelex buttery and a chia egg.

I couldn't decide whether to post this here or the Nagi thread but oh my goodness, just made her vanilla cupcake recipe with DD2 and they turned out beautifully, extremely moist and light. I did have to substitute in self raising flour, which she specifically says not to, but I didn't realise I'd run out of plain.

https://www.recipetineats.com/vanilla-cupcakes/

Her cupcake recipe is incredible. A little fussy the first few times until you get the hang of it, but I was amazed how perfect they were.

B89-B9526-1-EEB-43-E8-B736-E43-F55-F82047.jpg

DD075823-FE4-B-4-A39-9672-0-EB1-C6-EAF9-E2.jpg

• Love 1

I made caramel slice yesterday, after a few months of thinking about it but never getting around to it. There is no greater joy than licking the excess condensed milk from the can.

Sancti-claws

I made [mention]eponee[/mention]'s crunchies (from another thread - I wonder which one? maybe the biscuit one?) today. Yum. And so easy.

I made a thread looking for a good vanilla cake recipe ages ago, well I think I've just found the one I'm looking for! This is soft and spongy, but not dry. I halved the recipe because we had no need for a big cake, and it still worked out great. This will be my go to vanilla birthday cake I think.

https://www.kitchentrials.com/2015/02/17/bakery-style-vanilla-sponge-cake/

I made @eponee's crunchies (from another thread - I wonder which one? maybe the biscuit one?) today. Yum. And so easy.

They are so great, arent they!

VeritasVinumArte

I am NOT a baker, but DD (Dec birthday) wants a colour checkerboard  cake for her birthday (no party).

so with lockdown on the weekend we tried (only 1 level as brothers demanded chocolate cake) but here goes my Lemon Cake…

So promising start with colours, next layer would be green, blue, purple (centre out).

2F6DDE7A-5D85-4962-87BB-AA60EA74C9F9.jpeg

4A923113-9978-4B11-A7EB-E702FD61F7BC.jpeg

• Like 13

• 2 months later...
Advertisement