As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to ALL of our forums. ×
IGNORED

We love Nagi and cooking from Recipetineats

TheGreenSheep

No pictures, but we made her pizza crust yesterday. Cooked in a very hot oven (500F / 260C) for 10 mins and it's as dark & crispy like my favourite restaurant.

No-knead bread and the bolognese sauce.

Yay! Loved this thread in the old EB.

Nothing lately here, but I am well overdue for her chicken on rice or sausage and veg bake. I have to do a shop today, better check her website for a dinner idea.

TheGreenSheep

Yay! Loved this thread in the old EB.

Nothing lately here, but I am well overdue for her chicken on rice or sausage and veg bake. I have to do a shop today, better check her website for a dinner idea.

I cooked so many of her recipes based on the reviews and feedback from EB. I really missed the thread, so I just had to start it here. I wanna get back into Nagi this week for my meal planning.

Hills Mum Bec

Nagi's dishes are regularly on the menu. Recent dishes have been Lo Mein Noodles and Beef Ribs in BBQ Sauce. I was planning to make Mexican Lasagne Enchilada Stack on the weekend but we ended up going out to the pub for dinner instead. My absolute favourites are Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce & Thai Coconut Chicken.

It's funny, I'd always seen the thread on EB but had no idea what it was about till I popped in one day. Turns out I was already cooking a few of her recipes, found via google searches, without realising.

She's now our go-to when looking for ideas for dinner.

Nagi is the best! We had her pizza sauce on Saturday and last night was bbq steak with her mushroom sauce and ultra crispy smashed potatoes. DD had 4 potatoes!

I think I’m going to try her beef short ribs this week. Just not tonight as it’s going to be 35 degrees in Sydney.

Oh gosh how did I forget this thread!

I'm going to need to go through the last few pages of the old thread and copy all the recipes that would be in my must try list!

TheGreenSheep

I’ve made myself a Nagi meal plan

Monday pork stir fry with green beans and some steamed rice

Tuesday homemade kebabs with soft flatbreads

Wednesday one pot Greek chicken and lemon rice

Thursday some meat I feel like and macaroni salad

Friday Vietnamese noodles and lemongrass chicken bowls

It's funny, I'd always seen the thread on EB but had no idea what it was about till I popped in one day. Turns out I was already cooking a few of her recipes, found via google searches, without realising.

She's now our go-to when looking for ideas for dinner.

Same here, I mentioned it to DH and he's like yeah that's where our beef cheeks, ragu, creamy pasta etc comes from 😂

I'm a recent convert to the Nagi Cult. I really love a lot of her recipes. Last week was very heavy on the Nagi recipes. We did the doner kebab on Monday and the fish fibers tuesday, plus the chocolate cake. all so good. Her website is now my place to go when looking for dinner inspiration (after the meal planning thread on here of course)

Her recipes are pretty good. My only fail has been her home made bbq sauce with pulled pork. Just did not like the sauce, the meat was ok. Other than that most recipes have been 👍

Her recipes are pretty good. My only fail has been her home made bbq sauce with pulled pork. Just did not like the sauce, the meat was ok. Other than that most recipes have been 👍

I wasn't a fan of her carnitas, it just lacked flavour compared with my usual pulled pork recipe.

I also completely stuffed up the pumpkin pie; somehow I forgot to add sugar :lol:

TheGreenSheep

I wasn't a fan of her carnitas, it just lacked flavour compared with my usual pulled pork recipe.

I also completely stuffed up the pumpkin pie; somehow I forgot to add sugar :lol:

Last night I cooked her Greek chicken and lemon rice. In my rush to get it in the oven I misread and added 1tb instead of 1tsp chilli flakes. We love hot food, so we ate it, but wow!! DS14 commented it was like a punch in the mouth followed by a kick to the head. Our dog inhaled the rice, no spice is a deterrent to her!

Last night I cooked her Greek chicken and lemon rice. In my rush to get it in the oven I misread and added 1tb instead of 1tsp chilli flakes. We love hot food, so we ate it, but wow!! DS14 commented it was like a punch in the mouth followed by a kick to the head. Our dog inhaled the rice, no spice is a deterrent to her!

Whoops! :lol:

At least my pumpkin pie was remedied by pouring maple syrup all over it.

Fruitmincepies

Reminds me of the time DD was a baby, and my mum was helping prep dinner, without her glasses. I was doing ottolenghi roast pumpkin with cinnamon (amazing flavours) and she misread my spice jar label and put a large amount of cayenne pepper on instead. I didn’t pick up her mistake, and dinner was inedible.

Advertisement