We love Nagi and cooking from Recipetineats

Hills Mum Bec

Awards

Nagi's Swedish Meatballs on the menu tonight.
Basil
Subscriber

Awards

We had the sausage and veg tray bake last night. Wasn’t a hit with the family but they ate it.

Perfect for me because I’ve been in a meal planning and cooking slump. I’ve been busy, tired and lacking enthusiasm. The tray bake was easy, tasty and I found it really nourishing comfort food. I forgot about it and haven’t made it in years but it’s now back on our rotation.
was “can’tstayaway” . . . Thank you to everyone who created our new home :)
4hunter

Awards

I tried the kale, pomegranate and blue cheese salad tonight. DH and I loved it...kids not so much. But more excitingly I think I finally found good sausages here in the states. Only took 12 years!
riotproof

Awards

Thai chicken salad here tonight. I have chucked frozen breasts into the pressure cooker. Will chuck in the fridge, dressing made, salad chopped.
The dressing is pretty easy and doesn’t use anything overly fancy. Just need fresh coriander on hand.

https://www.recipetineats.com/thai-chicken-salad/
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
Ozgirl

Awards

Team Member

I’m making Nagi satay sticks tomorrow night. Mums having a part-tay.
First EPU Aug 2017 - 4th embie was my BFP
Stillbirth 40+3 on 30 October 2018

2019 IVF with Donor Sperm, 1 Fresh | 3 FET - all BFN
2020 3rd EPU, 1 fresh (BFN) | 4th EPU, 1 fresh, 3 FET all BFN

2021 - ???
Stuffed Olive
Subscriber

Awards

While I was considering whether I shake my coconut milk, I remembered making Nagi's Beef Rendang the other day. I made it with oyster blade and if you like a spicy curry it was excellent!.

The ingredient list is long and the notes go on forever, but, like most of her recipes, it was very easy. I used a 10g packet of gourmet garden lightly dried chillies, lemongrass paste rather than fresh and extra ginger (3 tbsp total) instead of galangal in the spice paste. Instead of leaving it on the stovetop I put it in the oven, but slow cooker would be ideal.

I've also made her Chicken Tikka Masala and that was a success.
Cheese_Toastie

Awards

I make a version of Nagi's chicken and rice in my electric pressure cooker. I use powdered chicken masala and basmati rice. I use the rice:liquid ratio on the rice packet rather than Nagi's measurement. Takes about 30 mins start to finish (cooking for 1 person) and tastes great too.
Tinsel

Awards

DH loves Nagi's Chop Suey (Chicken Stir Fry).

I've substituted the chicken with some skirt steak I saw at a good price and he prefers that to the chicken but loves both. DD of course prefers the chicken so I try to alternate each time I cook it.
"Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves..." H.W.
Hufflepuff

Awards

I made her Cheese & Bacon Strata Cake this week. Except I did it in a lasagna dish instead of a cake tin. That way I could just put it straight in the oven from the fridge. One less thing to wash up.

Kids & DH really liked it. I thought it was nice but not amazing. Served it for dinner (instead of breakfast) with a green salad on the side.
riotproof

Awards

Tinsel wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am DH loves Nagi's Chop Suey (Chicken Stir Fry).
We like that one too. Very good with noodles as well.
Her cashew nut chicken is also good, as is the beef and broccoli stir fry.
I keep the Charlie Brown sauce in the fridge for wing it stir fries too.
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
TheGreenSheep

Awards

Tinsel wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am DH loves Nagi's Chop Suey (Chicken Stir Fry).
Ah that is such a childhood memory for me. We loved her Chop Suey ( I also just like saying chop suey :lol: )
Tinsel

Awards

TheGreenSheep wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 pm I also just like saying chop suey
Me too!
"Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves..." H.W.
Kreme

Awards

My meal plan for the week is all Nagi! I was feeling so uninspired and the pantry was almost empty so I scrolled through her site, picked a few favourites and wrote my shopping list.

We had quick chicken tacos last night. Great for a night when the family eats in shifts due to sports training. The rest of the week will be chicken biryani, chilli mac and cheese and stuffed chicken breasts with sweet potato mash and steamed veg.
Ozgirl

Awards

Team Member

Photo from Saturday night - my dish was a HIT :-) Much to mums disappointment (award winning CWA lady..)
First EPU Aug 2017 - 4th embie was my BFP
Stillbirth 40+3 on 30 October 2018

2019 IVF with Donor Sperm, 1 Fresh | 3 FET - all BFN
2020 3rd EPU, 1 fresh (BFN) | 4th EPU, 1 fresh, 3 FET all BFN

2021 - ???
rewritethestars

Awards

Ozgirl that looks incredible.
I’m trying her corn fritters tonight with salad.
Hills Mum Bec

Awards

We had Chow Mein last night. There "may" have been come plate licking involved.....
riotproof

Awards

This was quite good. I didn’t measure the pepper exactly. Just ground a lot. It wasn’t spicy.
https://www.recipetineats.com/chinese-b ... per-sauce/
Children liked it, but didn’t like the sauce.
I served with rice and choppy salad for them. Very small florets of broccoli and sliced green beans steamed for me. Will make again.
Hills Mum Bec

Awards

riotproof wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:01 pm This was quite good. I didn’t measure the pepper exactly. Just ground a lot. It wasn’t spicy.
https://www.recipetineats.com/chinese-b ... per-sauce/
Children liked it, but didn’t like the sauce.
I served with rice and choppy salad for them. Very small florets of broccoli and sliced green beans steamed for me. Will make again.
I have made that before and everybody loved it.

Nagi's Butter Chicken was on the menu last night. I will have to remember next time to dial down the salt. It tastes fine when I taste a spoonful of the sauce by itself straight from the pan but find it a bit salty while eating it as a meal. When I was eating it last night I remembered thinking the same thing last time I made it but I had forgotten.
TheGreenSheep

Awards

Hills Mum Bec wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:20 am Nagi's Butter Chicken was on the menu last night. I will have to remember next time to dial down the salt. It tastes fine when I taste a spoonful of the sauce by itself straight from the pan but find it a bit salty while eating it as a meal. When I was eating it last night I remembered thinking the same thing last time I made it but I had forgotten.
I do that too!
Fruitmincepies

Awards

Team Member

Nagi on Good Food with a spectacular Christmas pav:
https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/how ... 201-h1sjtk
Cerridwen

Awards

I think I cook a Nagi recipe weekly. My favourite was when I had unexpected guests from interstate.

I cooked this in the pressure cooker https://www.recipetineats.com/middle-ea ... ilaf-rice/
I did the lamb first in the stainless steel pot, whipped that out when done and did the rice pilaf in the non stick pot.
Served up with a side of salad with tons of tomato and coriander in it.

My guests were raving about it for weeks and seriously little effort went into it.
There are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on!
Sancti-claws
Subscriber

Awards

I made this last weekend as a tester for Christmas cake - https://www.recipetineats.com/christmas ... ruit-cake/

Despite leaving it in a draft overnight it stayed quite moist. I tested 1/3 of it on workmates and have frozen 1/3 for 'ron.

Am making another before Christmas.
'The time has come,' the Walrus said, 'To talk of many things: Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax — Of cabbages — and kings — And why the sea is boiling hot — And whether pigs have wings.'
riotproof

Awards

Has anyone made this https://www.recipetineats.com/slow-cook ... -shawarma/

I thought the cardamom was a huge amount and also out of place? Do you think she meant cinnamon?
Anyway I ignored the cardamom and added about half a teaspoon of cinnamon and the same of allspice.
JustCurious100

Awards

Sancti-claws wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:58 am I made this last weekend as a tester for Christmas cake - https://www.recipetineats.com/christmas ... ruit-cake/

Despite leaving it in a draft overnight it stayed quite moist. I tested 1/3 of it on workmates and have frozen 1/3 for 'ron.

Am making another before Christmas.
I have one currently cooking in the oven. I substituted normal flour for gluten free flour.

I made them both with normal flour and GF flour last year for Christmas gifts and they were a huge hit.