Page 1 of 1

We love Nagi and cooking from Recipetineats

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:35 am
by TheGreenSheep
For all the longtime lovers and new followers to Nagi and her site RecipeTin Eats https://www.recipetineats.com/ show us what your making!

Re: We love Nagi and cooking from Recipetineats

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:24 am
by overlytired
No pictures, but we made her pizza crust yesterday. Cooked in a very hot oven (500F / 260C) for 10 mins and it's as dark & crispy like my favourite restaurant.

No-knead bread and the bolognese sauce.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:29 am
by LemonMyrtle
Yay! Loved this thread in the old EB.

Nothing lately here, but I am well overdue for her chicken on rice or sausage and veg bake. I have to do a shop today, better check her website for a dinner idea.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:37 am
by MumtoLeo19
I made her Blueberry pancakes and they were delish!

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:44 am
by TheGreenSheep
LemonMyrtle wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:29 am Yay! Loved this thread in the old EB.

Nothing lately here, but I am well overdue for her chicken on rice or sausage and veg bake. I have to do a shop today, better check her website for a dinner idea.
I cooked so many of her recipes based on the reviews and feedback from EB. I really missed the thread, so I just had to start it here. I wanna get back into Nagi this week for my meal planning.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:48 am
by Cstar
LOVE Nagi, I've made many of her recipes, the no knead bread many times, we love it.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:50 am
by Tess32
I made the Pad Thai last night as we are doing Thailand this week.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:14 am
by Hills Mum Bec
Nagi's dishes are regularly on the menu. Recent dishes have been Lo Mein Noodles and Beef Ribs in BBQ Sauce. I was planning to make Mexican Lasagne Enchilada Stack on the weekend but we ended up going out to the pub for dinner instead. My absolute favourites are Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with BBQ Sauce & Thai Coconut Chicken.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:16 am
by blackcat20
It's funny, I'd always seen the thread on EB but had no idea what it was about till I popped in one day. Turns out I was already cooking a few of her recipes, found via google searches, without realising.
She's now our go-to when looking for ideas for dinner.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:46 am
by Kreme
Nagi is the best! We had her pizza sauce on Saturday and last night was bbq steak with her mushroom sauce and ultra crispy smashed potatoes. DD had 4 potatoes!

I think I’m going to try her beef short ribs this week. Just not tonight as it’s going to be 35 degrees in Sydney.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:01 pm
by Ozgirl
Oh gosh how did I forget this thread!

I'm going to need to go through the last few pages of the old thread and copy all the recipes that would be in my must try list!

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:02 pm
by Ozgirl
And someone needs to tell Nagi where we went too!!

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:20 pm
by BornToLove
Ozgirl wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:02 pm And someone needs to tell Nazi where we went too!!
You mean Nagi, not nazi 😉

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:47 pm
by Ozgirl
BornToLove wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:20 pm
Ozgirl wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:02 pm And someone needs to tell Nazi where we went too!!
You mean Nagi, not nazi 😉
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:54 pm
by TheGreenSheep
LOL @Ozgirl

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:20 pm
by TheGreenSheep
I’ve made myself a Nagi meal plan
Monday pork stir fry with green beans and some steamed rice
Tuesday homemade kebabs with soft flatbreads
Wednesday one pot Greek chicken and lemon rice
Thursday some meat I feel like and macaroni salad
Friday Vietnamese noodles and lemongrass chicken bowls

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:52 pm
by Andi
blackcat20 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:16 am It's funny, I'd always seen the thread on EB but had no idea what it was about till I popped in one day. Turns out I was already cooking a few of her recipes, found via google searches, without realising.
She's now our go-to when looking for ideas for dinner.
Same here, I mentioned it to DH and he's like yeah that's where our beef cheeks, ragu, creamy pasta etc comes from 😂

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:56 pm
by Mintpatty
Her gozleme, gyozas and Mongolian lamb are the best!

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:24 pm
by 4hunter
I'm a recent convert to the Nagi Cult. I really love a lot of her recipes. Last week was very heavy on the Nagi recipes. We did the doner kebab on Monday and the fish fibers tuesday, plus the chocolate cake. all so good. Her website is now my place to go when looking for dinner inspiration (after the meal planning thread on here of course)

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 am
by ReflectiveSky
Yay! I look forward to following this thread. Nagi's Beef Stroganoff is a weekly staple at our house and I'm keen to try a few more!

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:31 am
by Justmyluck
Her recipes are pretty good. My only fail has been her home made bbq sauce with pulled pork. Just did not like the sauce, the meat was ok. Other than that most recipes have been 👍

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:24 am
by blackcat20
Justmyluck wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:31 am Her recipes are pretty good. My only fail has been her home made bbq sauce with pulled pork. Just did not like the sauce, the meat was ok. Other than that most recipes have been 👍
I wasn't a fan of her carnitas, it just lacked flavour compared with my usual pulled pork recipe.

I also completely stuffed up the pumpkin pie; somehow I forgot to add sugar :lol:

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 pm
by TheGreenSheep
blackcat20 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:24 am
Justmyluck wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:31 am Her recipes are pretty good. My only fail has been her home made bbq sauce with pulled pork. Just did not like the sauce, the meat was ok. Other than that most recipes have been 👍
I wasn't a fan of her carnitas, it just lacked flavour compared with my usual pulled pork recipe.

I also completely stuffed up the pumpkin pie; somehow I forgot to add sugar :lol:
Last night I cooked her Greek chicken and lemon rice. In my rush to get it in the oven I misread and added 1tb instead of 1tsp chilli flakes. We love hot food, so we ate it, but wow!! DS14 commented it was like a punch in the mouth followed by a kick to the head. Our dog inhaled the rice, no spice is a deterrent to her!

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:24 pm
by blackcat20
TheGreenSheep wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Last night I cooked her Greek chicken and lemon rice. In my rush to get it in the oven I misread and added 1tb instead of 1tsp chilli flakes. We love hot food, so we ate it, but wow!! DS14 commented it was like a punch in the mouth followed by a kick to the head. Our dog inhaled the rice, no spice is a deterrent to her!
Whoops! :lol:

At least my pumpkin pie was remedied by pouring maple syrup all over it.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:42 pm
by Fruitmincepies
TheGreenSheep wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Reminds me of the time DD was a baby, and my mum was helping prep dinner, without her glasses. I was doing ottolenghi roast pumpkin with cinnamon (amazing flavours) and she misread my spice jar label and put a large amount of cayenne pepper on instead. I didn’t pick up her mistake, and dinner was inedible.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:12 pm
by Hills Mum Bec
Nagi's Swedish Meatballs on the menu tonight.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:18 am
by Basil
We had the sausage and veg tray bake last night. Wasn’t a hit with the family but they ate it.

Perfect for me because I’ve been in a meal planning and cooking slump. I’ve been busy, tired and lacking enthusiasm. The tray bake was easy, tasty and I found it really nourishing comfort food. I forgot about it and haven’t made it in years but it’s now back on our rotation.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:39 pm
by 4hunter
I tried the kale, pomegranate and blue cheese salad tonight. DH and I loved it...kids not so much. But more excitingly I think I finally found good sausages here in the states. Only took 12 years!

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:31 pm
by riotproof
Thai chicken salad here tonight. I have chucked frozen breasts into the pressure cooker. Will chuck in the fridge, dressing made, salad chopped.
The dressing is pretty easy and doesn’t use anything overly fancy. Just need fresh coriander on hand.

https://www.recipetineats.com/thai-chicken-salad/

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:12 pm
by Ozgirl
I’m making Nagi satay sticks tomorrow night. Mums having a part-tay.

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:36 pm
by Stuffed Olive
While I was considering whether I shake my coconut milk, I remembered making Nagi's Beef Rendang the other day. I made it with oyster blade and if you like a spicy curry it was excellent!.

The ingredient list is long and the notes go on forever, but, like most of her recipes, it was very easy. I used a 10g packet of gourmet garden lightly dried chillies, lemongrass paste rather than fresh and extra ginger (3 tbsp total) instead of galangal in the spice paste. Instead of leaving it on the stovetop I put it in the oven, but slow cooker would be ideal.

I've also made her Chicken Tikka Masala and that was a success.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:05 am
by Cheese_Toastie
I make a version of Nagi's chicken and rice in my electric pressure cooker. I use powdered chicken masala and basmati rice. I use the rice:liquid ratio on the rice packet rather than Nagi's measurement. Takes about 30 mins start to finish (cooking for 1 person) and tastes great too.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am
by Tinsel
DH loves Nagi's Chop Suey (Chicken Stir Fry).

I've substituted the chicken with some skirt steak I saw at a good price and he prefers that to the chicken but loves both. DD of course prefers the chicken so I try to alternate each time I cook it.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:32 am
by Hufflepuff
I made her Cheese & Bacon Strata Cake this week. Except I did it in a lasagna dish instead of a cake tin. That way I could just put it straight in the oven from the fridge. One less thing to wash up.

Kids & DH really liked it. I thought it was nice but not amazing. Served it for dinner (instead of breakfast) with a green salad on the side.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:17 am
by riotproof
Tinsel wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am DH loves Nagi's Chop Suey (Chicken Stir Fry).
We like that one too. Very good with noodles as well.
Her cashew nut chicken is also good, as is the beef and broccoli stir fry.
I keep the Charlie Brown sauce in the fridge for wing it stir fries too.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 pm
by TheGreenSheep
Tinsel wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:43 am DH loves Nagi's Chop Suey (Chicken Stir Fry).
Ah that is such a childhood memory for me. We loved her Chop Suey ( I also just like saying chop suey :lol: )

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:10 pm
by Tinsel
TheGreenSheep wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:41 pm I also just like saying chop suey
Me too!

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:48 am
by Kreme
My meal plan for the week is all Nagi! I was feeling so uninspired and the pantry was almost empty so I scrolled through her site, picked a few favourites and wrote my shopping list.

We had quick chicken tacos last night. Great for a night when the family eats in shifts due to sports training. The rest of the week will be chicken biryani, chilli mac and cheese and stuffed chicken breasts with sweet potato mash and steamed veg.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:52 am
by Ozgirl
Photo from Saturday night - my dish was a HIT :-) Much to mums disappointment (award winning CWA lady..)

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:53 am
by rewritethestars
Ozgirl that looks incredible.
I’m trying her corn fritters tonight with salad.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:15 pm
by TheGreenSheep

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 am
by Hills Mum Bec
We had Chow Mein last night. There "may" have been come plate licking involved.....

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:01 pm
by riotproof
This was quite good. I didn’t measure the pepper exactly. Just ground a lot. It wasn’t spicy.
https://www.recipetineats.com/chinese-b ... per-sauce/
Children liked it, but didn’t like the sauce.
I served with rice and choppy salad for them. Very small florets of broccoli and sliced green beans steamed for me. Will make again.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:20 am
by Hills Mum Bec
riotproof wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:01 pm This was quite good. I didn’t measure the pepper exactly. Just ground a lot. It wasn’t spicy.
https://www.recipetineats.com/chinese-b ... per-sauce/
Children liked it, but didn’t like the sauce.
I served with rice and choppy salad for them. Very small florets of broccoli and sliced green beans steamed for me. Will make again.
I have made that before and everybody loved it.

Nagi's Butter Chicken was on the menu last night. I will have to remember next time to dial down the salt. It tastes fine when I taste a spoonful of the sauce by itself straight from the pan but find it a bit salty while eating it as a meal. When I was eating it last night I remembered thinking the same thing last time I made it but I had forgotten.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:27 pm
by TheGreenSheep
Hills Mum Bec wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:20 am Nagi's Butter Chicken was on the menu last night. I will have to remember next time to dial down the salt. It tastes fine when I taste a spoonful of the sauce by itself straight from the pan but find it a bit salty while eating it as a meal. When I was eating it last night I remembered thinking the same thing last time I made it but I had forgotten.
I do that too!

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:06 pm
by Fruitmincepies
Nagi on Good Food with a spectacular Christmas pav:
https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/how ... 201-h1sjtk

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:23 pm
by Cerridwen
I think I cook a Nagi recipe weekly. My favourite was when I had unexpected guests from interstate.

I cooked this in the pressure cooker https://www.recipetineats.com/middle-ea ... ilaf-rice/
I did the lamb first in the stainless steel pot, whipped that out when done and did the rice pilaf in the non stick pot.
Served up with a side of salad with tons of tomato and coriander in it.

My guests were raving about it for weeks and seriously little effort went into it.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:58 am
by Sancti-claws
I made this last weekend as a tester for Christmas cake - https://www.recipetineats.com/christmas ... ruit-cake/

Despite leaving it in a draft overnight it stayed quite moist. I tested 1/3 of it on workmates and have frozen 1/3 for 'ron.

Am making another before Christmas.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:13 am
by riotproof
Has anyone made this https://www.recipetineats.com/slow-cook ... -shawarma/

I thought the cardamom was a huge amount and also out of place? Do you think she meant cinnamon?
Anyway I ignored the cardamom and added about half a teaspoon of cinnamon and the same of allspice.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:21 pm
by JustCurious100
Sancti-claws wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:58 am I made this last weekend as a tester for Christmas cake - https://www.recipetineats.com/christmas ... ruit-cake/

Despite leaving it in a draft overnight it stayed quite moist. I tested 1/3 of it on workmates and have frozen 1/3 for 'ron.

Am making another before Christmas.
I have one currently cooking in the oven. I substituted normal flour for gluten free flour.

I made them both with normal flour and GF flour last year for Christmas gifts and they were a huge hit.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:06 pm
by WaitForMe
I made this cous cous salad with sundried tomatoes:
https://www.recipetineats.com/couscous-salad-feta/
Super quick, easy and delicious! I made it for what I thought was going to be a bbq but turned out to be just some finger food and snacks, so without plates and forks I didn't even put it out. I ate it for lunch every day for the week instead!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:12 pm
by Hills Mum Bec
She posted a Christmas Chicken recipe yesterday so I tried that for dinner tonight. I liked it, kids weren’t really into it.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:54 pm
by purpleduck
I’ve done the meringue slab before, but as 4x different sections with different toppings. Was easy and looked great. Will be doing again this year as it’s gluten free

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:58 pm
by JustCurious100
Just as a report back - the cake was OUTRAGEOUSLY good. I may cook a few more and do them as gifts again

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:08 am
by Sancti-claws
Excellent to know!!

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:07 pm
by Mishu
I'm trying her Magic Broccoli tonight to have with lamb chops.

I did make her chocolate caramel slice on the weekend and got lots of praise.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:17 am
by JustCurious100
Is it weird that I'm excited that Harris Farm has come to Brisbane? Nagi mentions them all the time so I'm going for a stickybeak this weekend

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:28 am
by Beanette
riotproof wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:17 am
We like that one too. Very good with noodles as well.
Her cashew nut chicken is also good, as is the beef and broccoli stir fry.
I keep the Charlie Brown sauce in the fridge for wing it stir fries too.
I'm making cashew chicken today for DH's lunches this week! It's his favourite

Finding Nagi and Recipe Tin was one of the biggest pluses of Covid lockdown, so much more time to cook at home and we all needed delicious and comforting food that was easy to make.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:30 am
by Hills Mum Bec
We are going away for a week after Christmas so I am going to use Nagi's Quarantine Menu Plan to help plan meals and make a shopping list.

https://www.recipetineats.com/coronavirus-menu-plan-1/

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:40 pm
by Ozgirl
JustCurious100 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:17 am Is it weird that I'm excited that Harris Farm has come to Brisbane? Nagi mentions them all the time so I'm going for a stickybeak this weekend
Oh I didn't realise she did.

I used to live across from one, and now live a short drive from one of their more 'concept' store, so retailers inside, i.e. Hudson Meats, as well as their own brand.

I do rate them!

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:47 pm
by JustCurious100
Ozgirl wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:40 pm
JustCurious100 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:17 am Is it weird that I'm excited that Harris Farm has come to Brisbane? Nagi mentions them all the time so I'm going for a stickybeak this weekend

I used to live across from one, and now live a short drive from one of their more 'concept' store, so retailers inside, i.e. Hudson Meats, as well as their own brand.

I do rate them!
I have noticed sometimes she says she gets certain ingredients from there so I'm dying for a look.

If you're after a raging Saturday out come trawling a supermarket with me 😂

I do feel like a mega creeper now though lol

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:52 pm
by riotproof
JustCurious100 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:47 pm

I do rate them!
I have noticed sometimes she says she gets certain ingredients from there so I'm dying for a look.

Harrisfarm are very good. Sign up for their email specials. They often have quite good specials, even in meat if the store carries those. The imperfect picks range are often really good value.

I can’t go anymore because my closest one is in a super annoying shopping centre and is like 25 minutes drive.. it’s not actually that far, but it is a pita.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:54 pm
by JustCurious100
Its about 15-20 minutes from me but I don't mind a drive. Thanks for the tip! 2ill sign up now

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:05 pm
by Ozgirl
JustCurious100 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:47 pm

I do rate them!

LOL!

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:29 pm
by TheGreenSheep
This will be getting eaten with friends this coming week :-P Christmas Trifle

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:33 pm
by caitiri
I’m trying the Christmas tree pavlova tomorrow wish me luck.
Having the Chinese crispy pork belly tonight.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:00 pm
by Living Type
We had Nagis strawberry, avocado and spinach salad today - delish! So yummy and so festive. Will definitely make this again

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:42 pm
by Feelee
Did the stuffing and trifle for Christmas lunch 1 today and they were great.

Doing the Juicy Roast Turkey, slow cooker roast lamb leg, gravy and duck fat potatoes for Christmas lunch 2 tomorrow, none of which I've made before - eep.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:52 pm
by Ineedcoffee
caitiri wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:33 pm I’m trying the Christmas tree pavlova tomorrow wish me luck.
How did you go? Mine looked great....at first and then it became the Leaning Tree of Pisa and ended up an Eatons Mess. But tasted great.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:52 pm
by Kreme
I did Nagi’s maple ham glaze which was amazing. And made the couscous and sun dried tomato salad to take to Christmas lunch which everyone loved.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:48 am
by Stuffed Olive
riotproof wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:13 am Has anyone made this https://www.recipetineats.com/slow-cook ... -shawarma/

I thought the cardamom was a huge amount and also out of place? Do you think she meant cinnamon?
Anyway I ignored the cardamom and added about half a teaspoon of cinnamon and the same of allspice.
I've only made this spice mix as a marinade for chicken and it's great. But I love the taste of cardamom!

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:58 am
by Nickersnewt
I made the never ending meringue yesterday for lunch. It was great. Very easy to make, looked fantastic and tasted great too.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:18 am
by MoukMouk
Kreme wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:52 pm I did Nagi’s maple ham glaze which was amazing. And made the couscous and sun dried tomato salad to take to Christmas lunch which everyone loved.
I made the maple ham glaze as well. Gosh it was good. Cooking the ham for longer at a low temp kept it very tender.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:53 am
by Hills Mum Bec
caitiri wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:33 pm I’m trying the Christmas tree pavlova tomorrow wish me luck.
I’ve got my pavlova rounds in the oven right now to assemble for tonight’s dessert.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:55 pm
by Hufflepuff
I made her Baked Brie yesterday. It was a big hit.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:25 pm
by caitiri
Hills Mum Bec wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:53 am
I’ve got my pavlova rounds in the oven right now to assemble for tonight’s dessert.
Lol I have maple glazed ham in the oven and potato dauphinois just cooked needing the final sprinkle of cheese and a reheat whilst the ham is resting/basting.

I’m not sure about my pav tree but I’m sure it’s probably my cooking skills that made it not quite right (I’m going to blame the weather though)

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:33 pm
by Lou-bags
I did the roasted pumpkin with chilli maple and feta yesterday. Delish. I added some dried cranberries and omitted the fresh chilli (to keep it a bit milder for the kids who refused to touch it anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️).

Was very yummy! And I have leftover for tonight - going to warm it with some gnocchi and wilted spinach.

https://pin.it/3qGNVnY

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:38 pm
by caitiri
Lol my pav was a bit of a disaster. I think I needed to let the merengue cook for longer I did it right in her timings but it was more like softer pav

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:10 pm
by blackcat20
I did her potato gratin, caramelised carrots and crispy sprouts with lunch, then her apple salad and greek salad with dinner. All hits.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:39 am
by Hills Mum Bec
Pavlova tree ended up as Eton Mess. Had my rounds perfectly cooked and in a Tupperware container to transport to sisters house. They transported fine and then 2yo nephew knocked the Tupperware off the bench. Disaster! Still tasted good.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:21 pm
by MagdaRegis
caitiri wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:38 pm Lol my pav was a bit of a disaster. I think I needed to let the merengue cook for longer I did it right in her timings but it was more like softer pav
I adore RecipeTinEats, but her oven is way, way, way stronger than mine. I always have to crank it up an extra 20 or so degrees, or cook longer to get the same results.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:14 pm
by overlytired
caitiri wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:38 pm Lol my pav was a bit of a disaster. I think I needed to let the merengue cook for longer I did it right in her timings but it was more like softer pav
Could also be due to the humidity being higher.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:32 pm
by ali-song
My pav tree worked pretty well - definitely a bit lean-ey, but held up until serving time!

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:57 pm
by TheGreenSheep
@ali-song that looks amazing!

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:48 pm
by caitiri
That looks fantastic

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:00 pm
by Deleted User 171
Celebration punch was delicious, fantastic fruity non-alcoholic option for Christmas Day.

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 pm
by Noodlez
I made her Mongolian lamb last night. I used lamb blackstrap and her velveting method. It really works! Every other time I tried a stir fry the meat was always really tough but this one was exactly like a really good chinese take away. I do think it could have done with a bit more chilli but I think that is just me.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:50 am
by Ozgirl
LOL,

My sister was stressing about boxing day pav on Christmas Eve.

So she made it. Left it to 'cool' in the oven.

Next morning she asked her husband where the pav was.

Panic ensued until she looked in the oven, she had placed oven trays in the oven during clean up. And squashed it...

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:41 pm
by riotproof
Noodlez wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 pm I made her Mongolian lamb last night. I used lamb blackstrap and her velveting method. It really works! Every other time I tried a stir fry the meat was always really tough but this one was exactly like a really good chinese take away. I do think it could have done with a bit more chilli but I think that is just me.
Velveting makes such a huge huge difference! I do it all the time for stir fries now.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:46 pm
by Sancti-claws
Did her https://www.recipetineats.com/roasted-p ... pine-nuts/ for extended family gathering yesterday - did toasted flaked almonds rather than pine nuts - absolute winner!!!

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:49 pm
by Nickersnewt
I made the Mexican Corn Salad to go with dinner tonight. It was amazing and super easy too. I put the jalapeños separate for the grown ups. Definitely one to make again.

I’m making the super easy brownie tomorrow. It is so good and a family favorite.

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:54 am
by overlytired
I'm making her pulled pork again. Will probably use store-bought BBQ sauce though, because I'm lazy and I'd like to clear out some space in the fridge.

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:09 pm
by riotproof
This is in the repeat file.https://www.recipetineats.com/crispy-ba ... ith-gravy/ It is simple, but you almost forget the whole high heat for chicken method. No garlic, not lemon just simple, I didn't have marjoram, no real difference IMO. I'd use mixed herbs in a pinch if you didn't have the individual ones. Dark soy in the gravy is very clever,

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:19 pm
by barrington
Massive Nagi fans in our house.

Recipes that are on very high rotation:
- oven baked pork chops
- beef stroganoff
- chicken chow mein
- chicken shawarma
- creamy chicken and bacon pasta

This week, I'm going to make:
chicken burger
mongolian lamb

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:24 pm
by ali-song
This is our new favorite salmon recipe: https://www.recipetineats.com/poached-s ... ime-sauce/

Sometimes I’ll just make the sauce and pour on baked salmon (if we have a whole side of salmon rather than fillets).

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:27 pm
by nasty_buddha
Christmas chicken was great - did that on boxing day and served with a salad - rocket, precooked beetroot, feta, walnuts, avo.

Made crumpets this morning
Great recipe. I bought crumpet rings in the november sales. Very easy. Next time I'll make them the day before and double the recipe so I can try to freeze some. Kids loved them.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:24 am
by QuirkyMum
Nickersnewt wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:49 pm I made the Mexican Corn Salad to go with dinner tonight. It was amazing and super easy too. I put the jalapeños separate for the grown ups. Definitely one to make again.

I’m making the super easy brownie tomorrow. It is so good and a family favorite.
This warm salad is awesome!
To avoid making kids and adult versions, I add a pinch of dry chilli flakes while corn is still hot and mix,mix,mix... Adding even a couple of flakes to a hot dish will make it somewhat spicy (well, you can taste chilli).. Mixing in cheese will tone it down a bit and kids will eat it too.
I guess adding jalapeños is a bit different:)

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:03 am
by Hufflepuff
Did her Huli Huli Chicken on the BBQ this week and made the Rice Pilaff with Fruit & Nuts as a side dish. Both were kid & adult approved!

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:07 am
by riotproof
That huli huli chicken is so good.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:33 am
by Hills Mum Bec
riotproof wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:07 am That huli huli chicken is so good.
Is it really sweet?

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:41 am
by riotproof
From memory it is not, but I did note the marinade is extremely generous. I may have added less brown sugar, but I didn't make a note of it. I would start with half the amount and taste it before adding to chicken.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:50 am
by caitiri
I’ve got her lentil soup on the stove for lunch (it’s weirdly soup weather in Melbourne this week).

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:56 am
by Beanette
ali-song wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:24 pm This is our new favorite salmon recipe: https://www.recipetineats.com/poached-s ... ime-sauce/

Sometimes I’ll just make the sauce and pour on baked salmon (if we have a whole side of salmon rather than fillets).
This is such a great recipe. I am usually nervous about cooking salmon but it turns out perfectly. The first time I made it my (at the time) 1 year old DD was grabbing chunks of salmon out of the serving dish, she ate a whole fillet herself!

Sancti-claws wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:46 pm Did her https://www.recipetineats.com/roasted-p ... pine-nuts/ for extended family gathering yesterday - did toasted flaked almonds rather than pine nuts - absolute winner!!!
Thank you for reminding me of this recipe! We all loved it last time

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:16 pm
by Hills Mum Bec
Beanette wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:56 am
ali-song wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:24 pm This is our new favorite salmon recipe: https://www.recipetineats.com/poached-s ... ime-sauce/

This is such a great recipe. I am usually nervous about cooking salmon but it turns out perfectly. The first time I made it my (at the time) 1 year old DD was grabbing chunks of salmon out of the serving dish, she ate a whole fillet herself!

We love this one too. When I made it for the first time and told DH what we were having for dinner he gave me that look that says "doesn't sound great" but he absolutely loved it once he tasted it. We are having friends over for dinner this weekend so I might cook this then.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:47 pm
by Ozgirl
Im so confused???

Its not nagi. But same website title?

https://japan.recipetineats.com/

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:48 pm
by TheGreenSheep
Ozgirl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:47 pm Im so confused???

Its Nagis Mum
https://japan.recipetineats.com/about-me/

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:10 pm
by riotproof
And she has some good recipes too. I like her korokke a lot.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:15 pm
by Ozgirl
TheGreenSheep wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:48 pm
Ozgirl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:47 pm Im so confused???

Its Nagis Mum
https://japan.recipetineats.com/about-me/
Oh cool! Yay!!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm
by TheGreenSheep
I finally got around to making this tonight. Yum! All my fave foods in a bowl https://www.recipetineats.com/mexican-corn-salad/

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:27 pm
by JustMyGirl
Made her Vietnamese chicken salad and it was loved by all. I did have to make more dressing than the recipe said though. I find I have to do the same with her stir fries.

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:44 pm
by Fruitmincepies
JustMyGirl wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:27 pm Made her Vietnamese chicken salad and it was loved by all. I did have to make more dressing than the recipe said though. I find I have to do the same with her stir fries.
We love it even better with thinly sliced steak instead of chicken. So good!

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 pm
by Hills Mum Bec
TheGreenSheep wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm I finally got around to making this tonight. Yum! All my fave foods in a bowl https://www.recipetineats.com/mexican-corn-salad/
Love this one!

Poached salmon with coconut lime sauce was a hit with the guests last weekend, also cooked one of her fried rice recipes to go with it.

This weekend we are having a BBQ for DHs birthday and I’m planning to make Nagi’s Cowboy Bean salad as one of the salads.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:17 pm
by TheGreenSheep
Mmmm sticky chicken wings again https://www.recipetineats.com/sticky-c ... ken-wings/
Tomorrow night it’s Meat pies https://www.recipetineats.com/meat-pie-recipe/ in the Kmart pie maker :P

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:25 pm
by Ozgirl
OMG the broccoli is amazing!

Im not a green tree fan. But have now learnt that I love most vegies roasted vs boiled.

Except carrots I hate roasted carrots.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:08 pm
by TheGreenSheep
Ozgirl wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:25 pm OMG the broccoli is amazing!

Im not a green tree fan. But have now learnt that I love most vegies roasted vs boiled.

Except carrots I hate roasted carrots.
For the love of being lazy and not scrolling backwards, care to share the recipe link :D

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:44 pm
by Ozgirl

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:49 pm
by TheGreenSheep
Tonight’s lockdown dinner, eating what I have in the garden, pantry and freezer https://www.recipetineats.com/greek-but ... -lamb-leg/ served with cous cous and homegrown tomatoes and cucumber.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:24 pm
by Elfie34
Salted choc caramel tart today. Delicious but so rich!

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:28 pm
by banyan
With Easter approaching, it's time to get out Nagi's hot cross bun recipe again. it is fantastic. We made them for about three month running last year.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:53 pm
by Beanette
banyan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:28 pm With Easter approaching, it's time to get out Nagi's hot cross bun recipe again. it is fantastic. We made them for about three month running last year.
I'll put this on my list!

Special request from DH to get over the lockdown blues:
https://www.recipetineats.com/fried-chicken/
I'll prep it tomorrow and cook Monday night (even though I find deep frying pretty scary I am happy to do it for needy times like these)

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:05 am
by riotproof
Really good. I made it with rump steak, and added a some green beans to it. Plus veg on the side.

If you make it as is, it makes an enormous amount of sauce. I had 500g meat, still made the recipe amount of sauce and it was still too much. Next time I would halve sauce.

https://www.recipetineats.com/mongolian-lamb/

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:12 pm
by spr_mdn
yay, found the Nagi thread.
Kiddie requests her nutella brownies for their birthday cake, and her lemon potatoes are delicious.
We had mushroom rice only last week. I've got a couple bookmarked to try.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:16 pm
by MaryanneK
Thanks for the salmon recipe pps! I never bother to follow up recipes I see online but I made it and loved it 👍

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:01 pm
by JustMyGirl
We had this tonight https://www.recipetineats.com/honey-cin ... til-salad/ and it was delicious. Served it with some grilled halloumi on the side. Will be making again and again.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:29 pm
by Hills Mum Bec
JustMyGirl wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:01 pm We had this tonight https://www.recipetineats.com/honey-cin ... til-salad/ and it was delicious. Served it with some grilled halloumi on the side. Will be making again and again.
That one looks really good.

We had sticky baked chicken thighs & smashed potatoes for dinner tonight. With sporting commitments Thursday is the only weekday that we actually get to cook a proper meal.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:56 am
by TheGreenSheep
JustMyGirl wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:01 pm We had this tonight https://www.recipetineats.com/honey-cin ... til-salad/ and it was delicious. Served it with some grilled halloumi on the side. Will be making again and again.
Thanks I’ve added that to the long list of ‘next Nagi recipes to make’ list

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm
by riotproof
Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.
My kids didn’t like the dressing but they loved the meatballs and salad, plus noodles.

https://www.recipetineats.com/bun-cha-v ... meatballs/

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm
by Biscuits
I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-coco ... /#comments

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 pm
by MagdaRegis
Biscuits wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

I love that curry - send it my way! DH isn't a fan of chunks of pumpkin, but I think the whole thing is delicious!

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:22 am
by rewritethestars
We had her gereral sao chicken and it was amazing! Not an every day food due to the amount of sugar but so, so delicious.

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 am
by riotproof
Biscuits wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

I wonder if your Garam masala was fresher than hers. It does seem a lot, especially considering she has the curry powder as well and some individual spices as well.

It sort of sounds like a real mish mash of curries to me.

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 am
by Anonymouse
riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.
My kids didn’t like the dressing but they loved the meatballs and salad, plus noodles.

Glad you liked it! It’s a pretty regular staple here :)

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:51 pm
by TheGreenSheep
MagdaRegis wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 pm

I love that curry - send it my way! DH isn't a fan of chunks of pumpkin, but I think the whole thing is delicious!
This one wasn’t a hit here either. I liked it, but the other three didn’t. Cant win em all!

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 pm
by TheGreenSheep
Anonymouse wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 am
riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.

Ooooh that is exactly what DS has been bothering me for, Vietnamese meatballs. Yum!

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:13 pm
by Nickersnewt
I gave Navi’s Easter Cake a go. Not perfect but I’m pretty happy with the outcome.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:15 pm
by banyan
My husband made her hot cross buns for the first time this year on Thursday. So good! We were in lockdown for three months starting before Easter last year and he made them for most of that time as we were always home.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:54 pm
by GrannySmith
I made chilli prawns last week and they were amazing. So much is that I splurged on a kg of beautiful prawns I saw at the fish shop yesterday so I can keep eating them.

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:11 pm
by TheGreenSheep
TheGreenSheep wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 pm
Anonymouse wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 am

Ooooh that is exactly what DS has been bothering me for, Vietnamese meatballs. Yum!
These meatballs were ridiculously good!!!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm
by Beanette
Twice now I've tried to make Nagi's paneer cheese, and both times it's ended up a crumbly mess. I've followed her recipe to the letter so don't know where I'm going wrong.
I also found that my few good pieces stuck to the pan when I was trying to fry them, so disappointing after such a drawn out process.