Top Posters In This Topic

• Seayork2002

• riotproof

• Kiwi Bicycle

• verucasalt

Top Posters In This Topic

I also love tripe.

European background here, which might explain some of these:

Sauerkraut (though more people like this these days)

Rollmops

Anchovies. Yum - love them on pizzas and crackers

Used to love black pudding when I was younger and didn't know what I was eating 😂

Pickles. All kinds of pickled vegetables excepted pickled onions

Polish pork aspic (or otherwise known as pig's feet in jelly. Haven't had it though since my late grandmother made when I was a kid. Again, I don't think I realised what I was eating 🤣)

Kiwi Bicycle

Durian

I wish my DH likes it. He hates it when I eat it.

Oh that's another my DH loves. He has to eat it outside if he gets a frozen/ thawed one.

I still remember waking up one morning in Singapore and getting a whiff of a fresh one he brought home ( he had gone over to his aunt's apartment the night before to have a feast of durian). I promptly ran back into the bedroom where the aircon was on. It smelt like vomit.

Sancti-claws

My favourite sandwich is seeded mustard, honey ham, iceberg lettuce and coriander. Dh thinks it’s super weird.

He is the weird one - mind you, honey ham would be bottom of the ham list for me. I used to get this in a roll (with snow-pea sprouts) for lunch regularly in the early nineties at a posh cafe in Sydney (work subsidised lunch from next door and we were chained to the desk)

Mine - licorice, anchovies, blue cheese, coriander, tofu, custard apples.

Dutch liquorice

A couple of years ago my brother and SIL went to Europe. I got asked if I wanted anything special, and until they mentioned Amsterdam was on the list, I couldn't think of anything. Apparently it took them some tracking down, and a very interesting conversation in the little shop they stumbled across, as neither of them like licorice at all. Found out the travelling lolly shop that visits a couple of times a year has a fairly good one as well. The new lolly jar I got for Christmas was filled with lollies only I eat. So Dutch licorice, gummy bears and runts. Interesting thing is, I don't really like salt.

Also a fan of Sars, and brussel sprouts. Also love a good slice of silverside or corned meat and am partial to fruit cake.

Pate is probably my main one.

I’m still eating small portions defrosted from the batch I made for Christmas on toast every other day.

Oh, and I used to love cottage cheese with pineapple. It was a Coles branded product and although I’ve seen other brands make that combination at times over the years, they just don’t taste as good. It was probably packed with sugar in comparison or something!

Dutch liquorice

I'll join you in that one. My sister's closest friend in primary was from a family from Holland, so having grown up with it, I love it. My nearly 20 years of high blood pressure meant I had to desist, but after being cured I definitely indulged.

Advertisement