• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Turbulent

• Sancti-claws

• Bornagirl

Top Posters In This Topic

so in the article there was a reference to 16oz - which is about 2 metric cups? Possibly doable if you drank a lot of juice at home, but yeah, a bit too heavy on the celery. Plus I'm still thinking there is more health benefit to eating the vegetable including the fibre etc rather than just extracting the juice.

I remember when my parents got a juicer. They were convinced the health benefits were extreme.

Carrot juice looks the same on the way out. I still do not really like raw carrot.

I HATE celery, so require the old vomiting emoji on this one. :sick: (that isn't the one - remember the OLD old days?)

That being said, when I DO unearth the juicer the one I love is Apple, Carrot and Beetroot - used to have it every morning on the way to work (from a juice bar) - oh to be young (and have all of my income to myself) again...

I wish I could imagine myself doing this, especially as it is meant to help with inflammation and I have an inflammatory autoimmune disease..but I can’t. But maybe I should 😬

Send me all of your unwanted celery.

:thumbup:

Cream of celery soup made with dill & greek yoghurt, with sourdough rye. Yum yum

Fennel is even better for the soup, but I prefer celery in vege juice.

ETA: And just to be fair, in return you can have any mushrooms that have darkened our doorstop.

I love celery but no thanks.

I hope this doesn’t take off the last thing we need is celery being priced as a superfood

The celery juicing trend was huge 12 months ago. Celery prices shot up to $6-$10 at my local fruit and veg shop.

I thought that was the fires and floods?? I remember seeing $9-10 per head and thought no one likes celery that much!

It was a huge craze amongst vegan youtubers in particular. Prices started increasing before the fires. We eat a lot of celery and I reached a point where we couldn't afford to buy it anymore.

Edited by Feebi

I don’t like juice, you throw away too much good stuff and basically extract water with traces of vitamins. Expensive way to “eat” fruit and veg. I also don’t believe in so called “super foods”. It’s all just food, all fresh food is good for you.

Just eat whole fresh food. Eat an apple, eat celery, eat a carrot, boil and eat a potato. And drink a glass of water. Don’t make things more complicated than they need to be.

So no, I don’t drink celery juice, or even eat celery (cause it’s gross).

I used to drink a juice that had a fair bit of celery in it. It was a hold your nose and knock it back drink. I hate celery but I've learnt to eat it. I hate carrot too but also eat it raw. I won't touch it cooked.

I remember seeing celery at sky high prices last year and was thankuful I was no longer juicing otherwise I'd be buy 3-4 heads a week.

Omg I recently chatted to an old friend who was doing this and thought it sounded ridiculous! She’s very into alternative stuff. I said I’ll stick to fermented grapes...

I am struggling with how it’s apparently better to drink the vegetable than to just eat it? I think I would need to see a lot more evidence before I believe it.

Fruitmincepies

Omg I recently chatted to an old friend who was doing this and thought it sounded ridiculous! She’s very into alternative stuff. I said I’ll stick to fermented grapes...

Fermented foods are very in, so looks like you are on trend ;)

I am struggling with how it’s apparently better to drink the vegetable than to just eat it? I think I would need to see a lot more evidence before I believe it.

I’m also struggling with the idea that you need to effectively waste a whole head celery every day. I’m wondering if American celery is just smaller, because it all just sounds so excessive for 2 cups of juice.

Fermented foods are very in, so looks like you are on trend ;)

I was a picture of health last night with my sauerkraut washed down with Pinot gris!

Advertisement