IGNORED

Air fryer

Daffy2016

We got given one and I think I must be doing it wrong. It doesn’t seem to do anything my oven can’t do but with a lot more cleaning.

What’s your tips/favourite recipes?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Biscuits

• Hills Mum Bec

• Daffy2016

• Feebi

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I agree with you, although the cleaning hasn't been too bad so far. But for the storage and its limitations - why do I have this thing??? It's pretty good for chips, but we don't make them that often. Not better than my oven, but faster I guess.

I'm on a airfryer page on FB and it seems to be a bunch of people showing off how they cooked their pack of fish or nuggets or spring rolls etc in the airfryer, instead of the oven!!!! And 500 likes and comments of "wow you're amazing!" "Genius!"

And things that are typically fried in oil, like schnitzel, still taste so much better when cooked in a pan than in the airfryer.

I'd be happy to be turned around though because I feel pretty silly for jumping on the bandwagon and not getting much use out of it.

I bought one with gift vouchers I got for Christmas. I bought it because my oven is on it's way out and it takes me triple the time to cook anything. I thought it would save time plus electricity.

It's given me a bit of breathing space and means I don't have to get the oven replaced straight away.

We mainly use it for reheating. DD3 loves making oven chips so ours got a good workout over the school holidays. I just shove the removeable bits in the dishwasher for cleaning.

Ours is currently living on the kitchen bench. Now school is back and it's not getting used daily, I'll have to move it to the bottom of the pantry.

Hills Mum Bec

I love ours because we have a 90cm oven that takes ages and a heap of electricity to heat up. I don't make full meals in mine but it definitely serves it's purpose. I use mine to reheat left over pizza, snack type foods (party pies, sausage rolls, nuggets, spring rolls etc.) It's great for roasting veg as a side dish or sometimes I just cook some pumpkin cubes to chuck in a salad. Smashed baby potatoes (probably the yummiest thing I cook in it). It was never going to replace my oven but it is good for the little things so that I don't have to heat up the big oven. I save time on pre-heating and everything cooks a bit quicker and comes out a bit crispier. I don't leave mine on the bench, I find mine light enough to take in and out of the cupboard. Ours is also very easy to clean, it is a drawer type one and the drawer and insert can go in the dishwasher but I just hand wash them after a couple of uses and they are easy to clean.

Advertisement