IGNORED

Thermomix (and equiv)

nightmarish

This has probably been done 100 times before on the old forums but...

DH bought me the aldi version of the thermomix and I have no idea what to do with it. I get that the idea is to make food prep and cooking easier, but how? What are some meals that just work in them. We like curries and casserole style foods so in theory it should be great, but I just default to using the slow/pressure cooker.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Twin2

• nightmarish

• Hills Mum Bec

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the old style thermomix 31 but I use it al the time. have a look at the thermomix recipe community online for recipe ideas or even take a recipe you currently make and find a thermomix recipe. For example if you put thermomix chicken curry into Google it will bring up heaps of chicken curry neals you can cook in the thermomix Also if you are on Facebook join a few thermomix Facebook pages you will find heaps of ideas that way too...good luck

Hills Mum Bec

I have a Bellini version. I don't use it to make complete meals but I do find it handy for components of meals. I recently bought a new Kitchen aid stand mixer so will probably use my Bellini a bit less as it was my only mixer.

Last weekend I used my Bellini to make a mint yoghurt chutney to go with our curry, it chopped the mint and spring onion together and then blended all the ingredients together. I also used it to crush biscuits for a jelly slice. This weekend I will make a sticky date pudding so it will chop the dates, add water & bicarb and will cook the dates to soften them, then it will mix the batter and when I have cleaned the jug and the pudding is cooking I will use it to make the butterscotch sauce. I have used it to make chinese pork buns, chops the ingredients for the filling and mixes it, mixes the dough ingredients then use the steamer attachment to cook the buns. The receipes on the Thermomix Recipe Community can be a real help for ideas. There is also a FB group called Bellini Addicts and Smith & Nobel Addicts (thermocooking) that is quite active.

ETA - two websites that I found were a really good source for recipes were skinnymixers.com.au (everybody raves about their Butter Chicken recipe and it is really good) and trtlmt.com.au (The Road To Loving My Thermomix). Both Australian sites.

• 2 weeks later...

For those Smith & Nobel Addicts. I found the Intelli Kitchen on Sale for $330. Saving of $270

ETA Whoops. It's on sale at Harris Scarfe

Edited by magic_marker

There are lots of thermocooker groups on Facebook. I used to use mine a lot but sold it and bought the mistral one.

I use it to make curries, curry pastes or chop things. I occasionally make soups in it. I used to use it on a daily basis but since the older kids moved out of home, it doesn't feel worth it for just me and the small fry (who hardly eats let alone anything delicious like curry).

Skinnymixers for high fat, low carb - https://skinnymixers.com.au/

Thermobexta for vegetarian - https://www.thermobexta.com.au/

Quirkycooking - https://www.quirkycooking.com.au/

Recipe Community - https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/

Riotproof my kids love the pizza dough from the basic cookbook the chicken and vegetable pie and tuna mornay on the recipe community they also love some of the skinnymixers recipes in the little taste of Greece book if that helps you

Thanks twin2. That’s interesting. I could adapt the pie filling recipe method to my chicken and creamed corn one.

I do use it to make my beef mince curry with loads of veg and lentils, that works nicely too.

Riot

Butter chicken is a fav. I do the quirky cooking one.

I use it to make slices and cookies for lunchboxes.

We use it to make no bake cheesecakes often.

There’s a yummy pasta in the box everyday cooking for Thermomix families or similar that’s delicious too.

Chicken cacciatore is also yum.

They’re all in one meals.

Advertisement