IGNORED

Your favourite baked casserole recipe

Silverstreak

Silverstreak

I've just managed to score myself a ceramic casserole dish (round with a glass lid) at the local op shop. Very excited. I've never cooked a casserole in the oven before, just wondering if anyone has any favourite recipes to share.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silverstreak

• Not Escapin Xmas

• LemonMyrtle

• Princess Peach

Top Posters In This Topic

Spidey_Senses

Last week I made up something LOL, parboiled potato and carrots, sauted onion garlic and capsicum. Added together, topped with sour cream, grated cheese, chives, salt and pepper and a little bit of dill. Everyone loved it and asked me to make it again.

Not Escapin Xmas

Ooh, I have heard of no knead bread, intriguing!

So here’s some trivia for you, until the advent of white flour, no bread was kneaded as it’s too difficult. It was all made using this method!

Silverstreak

Last week I made up something LOL, parboiled potato and carrots, sauted onion garlic and capsicum. Added together, topped with sour cream, grated cheese, chives, salt and pepper and a little bit of dill. Everyone loved it and asked me to make it again.

Lol, love this!

Ooh, I have heard of no knead bread, intriguing!

So here’s some trivia for you, until the advent of white flour, no bread was kneaded as it’s too difficult. It was all made using this method!

Wow, I had no idea!

This recipe is delicious with sliced apples stewed in the syrup before adding dumplings on top. I've made it that way a few times and love it. I use 4 apples.

That sounds awesome!

Silverstreak

Have to confess I was hungry when I read the title... I thought it said ... Your favourite baked cheesecake recipe 😜

Oooh I love baked cheesecake. If I make it though I will eat it until I pass out. :lol:

LemonMyrtle

Now that is my kind of dessert - oh why do I not have any apples to use!

Cheats hack: just used canned pie apples and dump the sponge on top. Also, it’s delicious with tinned peaches at the bottom, I actually prefer the tinned peach version. 2 tins of peaches drained well is enough.

This was a frequently eaten dessert when I was growing up, my dad would make it, he would dice apples and cook them in the microwave, or use tinned peaches, then put the sponge mix on top and bake it. Quick dessert because it cooks so quickly.

Advertisement