IGNORED

I have 6 limes and 4 lemons

LifesGood

Thought I'd make a slice with them - does anyone have a good recipe for lemon-lime slice? Or similar?

ETA: we bought too many for DDs science experiment.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• LifesGood

• Sancti-claws

• TheGreenSheep

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an incredibly boring suggestion, but lime squeezed on apple slices makes apple so much nicer.

Otherwise I'd be making some kind of Mexican (guacomole, salsa), Thai (chicken or beef salad) or Vietnamese (salad, pho) dish.

With the lemons, that lemon curd slice sounds good or a lemon syrup cake.

Sancti-claws

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/4564/gooey-lemon-squares.aspx - its like crack, but sweeter

https://www.fast-ed.com.au/lime-coconut-syrup-cake-with-vanilla-mascarpone/ - although I have never gone the vanilla mascarpone step because why bother - I make them as mini cupcakes and they are unbelievably delicious.

I truly wish that you could switch off calories for some foods.

Update: I made a no-bake lime slice which was a bit of a combo of a few of the above recipes. It used 5 limes. I still have 3 lemons and 3 limes (I know, they multiplied) to use. Tomorrow we are having seafood so I will use the lemons for marinating/squeezing on oysters. The limes will go into GnTs.

The kids are thoroughly enjoying the slice for afternoon teas. Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas.

That first recipe said to use organic sugar. How is sugar not organic? I know it's processed.

I love just cutting thin slices of lemons and lines and freezing them to add to glasses of water.

As usual all of those recipes have miles of rambling on before you get to a recipe, for one i couldn't even find the recipe! I do like sites where you can see lots of comment such as this is too sweet, add this or you can subtract this. real life experiences.

Sancti-claws

Courtesy of this thread, when I picked 24 limes last weekend, half were made into margarita mix - as we aren't big alcohol consumers, we then had it with soda water and it was delicious!

Two parts water, one part sugar - heat until water dissolved. Mix in two parts lime juice.

No doubt there are more sophisticated recipes, but it worked.

Am testing it on the ruby grapefruits this weekend.

Sancti-claws

That first recipe said to use organic sugar. How is sugar not organic? I know it's processed.

I love just cutting thin slices of lemons and lines and freezing them to add to glasses of water.

As usual all of those recipes have miles of rambling on before you get to a recipe, for one i couldn't even find the recipe! I do like sites where you can see lots of comment such as this is too sweet, add this or you can subtract this. real life experiences.

Living in a sugar region, I can assure you LOTS of sugar is not organic - if chemical fertilisers and pesticides are used on where a crop is grown (or have been used in the past) it cannot be deemed organic. We have a huge outcry whenever they are told to dial back a little bit on the liberal application due to the ocean being RIGHT THERE as sugar cane doesn't like to have anything (like weeds) growing with it.

They usually have a link right at the top which allows you to jump to the recipe.

I love marinating chicken in a combination of lemon or lime juice and salt, then bbq-ing. No need for oil, can add garlic or herbs if desired.

Living in a sugar region, I can assure you LOTS of sugar is not organic - if chemical fertilisers and pesticides are used on where a crop is grown (or have been used in the past) it cannot be deemed organic.

Ah yes sorry i wasn't thinking of the term organic meaning free from pesticides but being derived from living matter.

Wonder why the recipe writer was so concerned with the sugar and not the rest of the ingredients.

Advertisement