IGNORED

What's on your Easter weekend menu?

LifesGood

We have a bit of a food-fest this weekend.

Friday is of course fish (good Catholics that we are). Oysters, BBQ prawns, barramundi with soy/ginger/chilli sauce and broccolini.

Saturday we are heading up to a friend's rural property and having lasagne and salad for dinner, then staying overnight.

Sunday they are providing lunch which I'm guessing will be a BBQ.

Sunday night we are out for dinner with DHs family, at the regular Asian fusion restaurant we all love.

Monday - no plans yet but I'm looking for inspiration.

Tuesday - Easter show = cheese on a stick and real lemonade!

What are you all eating this weekend?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Biscuits

• Ozgirl

• BECZ

• GrannySmith

Top Posters In This Topic

MintyBiscuit

I’ll make hot cross buns with the kids tomorrow, they and DH will devour them through the weekend (I don’t eat them)

Salmon tomorrow night, weirdly we still do no meat on Good Friday even though we are very atheist

Saturday I can’t remember, I’m out during the day so dinner is up to DH

Sunday I’ll do a late lunch lamb roast, basically when everyone is ready to eat after a morning of hot cross buns and chocolate

Monday will be leftovers

Tuesday we are off to the Easter show. I’ll be having scones for breakfast and probably deep fried horror for the rest of the day.

Can. Not. Wait.

I splurged on 2 packs of hot cross buns at Bakers Delight today, for breakfast tomorrow (16 bucks, jeez!)

Fish and chips tomorrow night, I'm only in it for the chip butty though.

Sunday we are having lunch at my in laws. I've requested roast lamb and lasagna, to make the day worthwhile :lol:

I would love to do some Easter themed baking but kids are actually fussy about their baked goods and pregnancy has destroyed my appetite.

I’ll make hot cross buns with the kids tomorrow, they and DH will devour them through the weekend (I don’t eat them)

Salmon tomorrow night, weirdly we still do no meat on Good Friday even though we are very atheist

Saturday I can’t remember, I’m out during the day so dinner is up to DH

Sunday I’ll do a late lunch lamb roast, basically when everyone is ready to eat after a morning of hot cross buns and chocolate

Monday will be leftovers

Tuesday we are off to the Easter show. I’ll be having scones for breakfast and probably deep fried horror for the rest of the day.

Can. Not. Wait.

Deep fried horror sounds amazing. And enjoy that side of regret Tuesday night

See you there :wave:

Can't wait, I love the Easter Show!

I don’t know, it’s a bit of a mess at the moment.

At the moment I’m just planning to get through tomorrow.

We will probably have seafood pancakes for lunch tomorrow. I bought marinara mix for that and some fresh fish and tiger prawns today. We will have fish and chips (with salad) for dinner tomorrow and squeeze in the prawns sometime throughout the day. Breakfast will be hot cross buns.

Saturday - No idea.

Sunday, I have a leg of lamb, a boneless lamb roast, a few racks of lamb and a chicken in the freezer, but might buy a leg of pork instead. One (or possibly two) of those, along with roast veg., which I already have. I don’t know!

Can you see that I’m indecisive?!

We were considered going to the show, but the kids said that they would prefer just to go to Luna Park instead. DP is working all weekend, so just the kids and I.

We aren’t planning too much as we are going up the coast for the second week of the holidays, so probably just hanging out most of this weekend.

Oh, I have to buy more chocolate too, unless DP gets something on the way home from work tonight as some bright spark decided to bring it home from work and put it in the car amongst the groceries that the kids then helped to bring inside!

See you there :wave:

Can't wait, I love the Easter Show!

I am going Saturday and Monday.

Re menu. Not much

Made apple and cinnamon hot cross loaf yesterday.

Yum cha tomorrow with friends. Easter show Saturday.

Sunday no plans.

Monday Easter show.

Tuesday lunch with a friend.

We'll be having toasted hot cross buns for brekkie then our traditional Good Friday lunch dish and then blini with cream cheese and smoked trout plus chips/dips/grazing for a light supper.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday - whatever we fancy at the time. Nothing planned.

GrannySmith

Wine, hot cross buns and lots of chocolate.

Taking kids to the beach tomorrow and fish and kids afterwards. I’m out for brunch with a friend on mon. Otherwise I really have no idea.I will need to do a grocery shop at some point but I’m trying not to think to much about it yet.

MintyBiscuit

Taking kids to the beach tomorrow and fish and kids afterwards

Well that took a turn 🤣

GrannySmith

Taking kids to the beach tomorrow and fish and kids afterwards

Well that took a turn 🤣

😂 depending on how they behave!

I don’t tend to do special stuff for Easter weekend. But we are going to do

Salmon, chips and salad

Sausage sizzle and all the trimmings

Burritos

Chicken pesto pasta

Maybe takeout one of the days

And wine.

Fruitmincepies

We have brisket, sausages, and burger patties. The brisket should do at least two dinners and probably a lunch. We are going away so I’m making the brisket now, smells good! I’m sticking to things I can barbecue and put in between bread. Simple salads.

Plus lots of brie and blue and gin and wine. Chocolate for the kids since DH always says he doesn’t want any (let’s see how that goes :lol: )

I don't really know. All I do know is that the chocolate has started already (Easter egg hunt at school). And I have plenty of dairy/gluten/nut everything free chocolate. What more do you need?

Silverstreak

I've made a ham and pumpkin frittata and some sauce for lasagne, so we'll have lasagne for dinner tonight and frittata for lunches. We'll probably end up having lasagne tomorrow night too and then I'll freeze the rest.

Sunday I'm having lunch with my brother, we usually get a chicken and salad wrap or burger through Menulog.

DH wants to barbecue at some point, as the weather is lovely and we have steak in the freezer. He also bought some croissants on special, so might have toasted ham and cheese croissants at some point.

I am perplexed by the lack of hot cross buns in the house, DS and I can take them or leave them, but DH is usually buying them as soon as they are on the supermarket shelves.

Phillipa Crawford

Side of salmon tonight.

We have an unexpected house guest. SIL from QLD was passing through VIC enroute to Tassie- fortunately her hubbie didn't make it out of the state. She is lovely - he not so much.

Dunno for tomorrow. My mum tells me it is a fast day - that's my excuse.

Sunday - big extended family gathering at Mums. Mainly BBQ but DD is making our traditional 12 hour roast lamb (Maha recipe) as it isn't proper Easter without that.

And Hot Cross buns, made some and bought lots, can't have too many- although can't be the glutton I used to be, I now find them indigestible

[mention]Phillipa Crawford[/mention] that lamb sounds incredible, I just took a look at the recipe! I definitely have to make space to do this over the school holidays.

Advertisement