IGNORED

When to serve food - party

sange

For the entertainers out there, help please!

We're having about 40 guests at my place for daughter's birthday on the weekend.

Having antipasto type platters, chips dip etc, finger type food (party pies, sausage rolls, pastizzi, chicken skewers and nibbles etc) to start, and then party trays of pizza to be delivered.

Need help with timing of food, especially as having pizza delivered. Don't want it too soon, nor do I want guests hungry.

If guests arriving at 6.30, anti pasto and chips will be ready, with other food coming out as it is cooked (chicken will be cooked in the morning, placed straight in fridge and reheated later) what time should I get the pizzas to arrive, knowing that they cannot be exact and it would be an approximation.

Per person, it works out to roughly: 2 party pies/sausage rolls, 1 pastizzi, 1 skewer, 2 chicken nibbles, 2-3 slices of pizza. This is not including antipasto, chips, and the veggie fritters, spring rolls and cocktail franks that my MIL is bringing.

After pizza is cake, then desserts.

what would be a good timeline? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sange

• riotproof

• barrington

• Fruitmincepies

Top Posters In This Topic

Fruitmincepies

Pizza at 8. If it’s going to go late keep back some of the pies and sausage rolls and bring out late - like 11pm. I remember one excellent party where the host’s mum brought out trays of fairy bread at midnight, that was the best (we were probably 17/18yo).

It’s an adult party then? I’d shoot for 7.30-8 for the pizza. Can always pause your other hot food if you need to.

Yep, I'd aim for then too. And perhaps keep some of your other hot food for the late comers.

It’s an adult party then? I’d shoot for 7.30-8 for the pizza. Can always pause your other hot food if you need to.

Yep, I'd aim for then too. And perhaps keep some of your other hot food for the late comers.

Especially if there’s drinking.

Thanks everyone. It's a mixed group, my daughter's 18th, so half family half her friends. I don't anticipate there will be a lot of drinking - we don't drink much and only a few of her friends are 18, (I am not allowing underage drinking, even with a note).

7.30 to 8 for pizza sounds good, and I will keep some of the hot food back, just in case.

Phillipa Crawford

As well as other food have large bowls of lollies around.

While there is no official drinking always a good idea to have lots of sweets to ward off anything illicit

Thanks everyone.

It all went without a hitch, everyone had enough to eat, with plenty left over. No excessive drinking, (except my best mate's DH but he can handle himself LOL).

And most importantly, my now adult DD was smiling all night, and was still so happy today. She has had a tough year (as we all have) with anxiety and depression, so this is a boost that she needs.

Thanks again

Advertisement