• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jenflea

• riotproof

• Mrs Zee

• Scootaloo

Top Posters In This Topic

The soup I mentioned with the egg has lettuce. It is basically lettuce cooked in chicken stock and you drizzle egg in so it cooks in ribbons. It is delicious.

LemonMyrtle

The soup I mentioned with the egg has lettuce. It is basically lettuce cooked in chicken stock and you drizzle egg in so it cooks in ribbons. It is delicious.

But doesn’t the lettuce go soggy? And slimy? I hate soggy greens. I pull all the buk Choy out of my noodle soups cause it’s just gross once it’s soggy.

It’s a different texture to fresh. It’s quite a normal thing, there’s a lettuce and pea cooked dish that’s quite well known.

But doesn’t the lettuce go soggy? And slimy? I hate soggy greens. I pull all the buk Choy out of my noodle soups cause it’s just gross once it’s soggy.

I love Asian greens but the thought of hot lettuce makes gag.

I like Scotch Broth and Beef and Barley soup.

Love a good Chinese soup with dumplings / asian greens, but a good stock is a must and making the stock gets pretty time consuming and expensive, so prefer to buy that soup when out.

Mum used to make a veggie soup with a packet soup as the base/stock, then add any veggies you had in the fridge. Was always yummy.

No one here stocks the matzo mix :(

Well that sucks. I would offer to send you some, but I imagine the postage might be a bit excessive from WA...

No not really. It wilts but doesn’t go mushy. You don’t actually cook the lettuce (from memory) rather stir it into the hot broth and the heat wilts it, and cooks the egg.

I make pumpkin soup with a tin of coconut milk/cream and a large dollop of red curry paste.

Pumpkin soup with a good dose of curry powder is nice too.

I make red curry soup too, chicken stock, red curry paste, leftover cooked chicken, noodles, leafy green veg ginger and garlic.

Hubby has wonton noodle soup sometimes, cheap dumplings from supermarket, stock, soy sauce, chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, garlic, ginger,

Noodles, veg & noodles... loosley based on nagi asian noodle soup recipe.

I don't know what I'm dong wrong with my potato leek soup, it tastes like watery mashed potato. In fact, that's what my kids call it LOL

Pinkflamingo

I opened up mine and DH world to Nacho soup from the Opticook website. Is more spicy than I usually eat, but on a cold winters day, with some added vegies, it's actually pretty damn good!

I do love a homemade pea and ham soup using a ham hock. Takes me back to my childhood walking into my grandparents house and Nan was cooking it! No one makes it the same! :(

(http://opticook.org/vegan-nacho-soup/)

My potato and leek soup is really thick I grew up with it chunky not fully puréed and it has a bunch off other things

2 large leeks

2 large carrots

1 stick celery

500g potatoes

Sauté the leeks and carrots for ages in butter add the celery, potatoes water salt/pepper and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. 4 cups of water simmer, purée to desired consistency add cream and parsley at the end.

Princess Peach

Boring here, but the kids only eat pea & ham, I love a pumpkin & DH loves chicken & corn.

But spinning off from the cold remedy thread - anyone got a good simple chicken noodle soup recipe?

My potato and leek soup uses (don't flame me lol) Deb mashed potato a lot of the time.

Lots of leek, enough potato and not too much stock that it's watery.

Chicken soup I cook chicken thigh fillets in ready made stock, add lots of garlic, grated carrot, finely sliced leek (or onion, whatever) and whatever other veggies you have. It's the garlic that heals you.

I've even used leftover roast chicken at the end if I had it instead of cooking it from raw. I find most soups are too bland, you do need a good hit of salt and pepper in them.

Also, if you want something fast buy these!

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/11887?region_id=201275&cq_src=GOOGLE&cq_cmp=Woolies_8458_BAU_Shopping_Smart_F%26B%20High_WW-0001&cq_con=SmartShopping_Food%26Beverages&cq_term=PRODUCT_GROUP&cq_net=u&cq_plt=gp&cq_med=71700000045164926&cq_gclid=CjwKCAjw7J6EBhBDEiwA5UUM2kNzJFRYkBQbKl_JXVtPtup4fxkpu5uQxHhtAx8RgfkUQO5aOEZVaBoCNIQQAvD_BwE&cmpid=smsm:ds:GOOGLE:Woolies_8458_BAU_Shopping_Smart_F%26B%20High_WW-0001:PRODUCT_GROUP&gclid=CjwKCAjw7J6EBhBDEiwA5UUM2kNzJFRYkBQbKl_JXVtPtup4fxkpu5uQxHhtAx8RgfkUQO5aOEZVaBoCNIQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I add cooked leftover meat, carrot, something green(broccoli or bok choy etc) onion and right at the end, drizzle a lightly beaten egg though,.

It's my lunch of choice when DD's at school at least once a week.

I have been having the chicken noodle one of these for years, and yes, add chicken n veg 🤤🤤🤤

Did it when I was poor and struggling, and they cost less than 50c.

I've started having the chicken ones too this year. Not sure why i never tried them before. The Tom Yum ones are too watery in flavour for me though.

Advertisement