As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Soups...

riotproof

Which soups feature in your house?

We love

Pea and ham

Minestrone

Chicken and veg

Pho both bo and ga but they really like the beef more. It’s a bit more faff for me and I need to buy bones

Morrocan lamb shank and chickpea

Harira

One of each soup

Libyan lamb soup with couscous

Chicken taco soup

Dd and I share prawn laksa a lot.

Ones only I like

Copycat condensed tomato soup (very good with a toastie)

They used to like pumpkin but now they don’t.

Cauliflower soup.. sometimes with a bit of cheese

Tomato and coconut soup with Indian spices

Sweet potato with lentil

Beetroot and apple

Lettuce soup

Irish farmhouse soup (for when you’ve got almost nothing in the fridge)

Potato and kale

If I ever see turkey legs again in the supermarket, they make a very nice soup with veggies.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jenflea

• riotproof

• Scootaloo

• DaLittleEd

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Lentil & vege and a Moroccan Lamb soup feature occasionally here. The kids aren’t massive soup fans so we don’t have them often.

Little Bear

Homemade :

Chicken and vegetable soup (I’m the only one who eats this)

Roast Pumpkin and garlic soup (I’m the only one that eats this)

Minestrone

Potato and Leek Soup

I can’t stand Pea and Ham soup or Tomato soup. I don’t like soups with a strong meaty flavour.

If ordering from an Asian restaurant I might have Chicken and Sweet Corn, Wonton soup or Pho Ga.

Kids don’t eat any of the soups (or stews/curries for that matter).

Pho is very popular here. It gets in regular rotation in the winter.

All year round here. Ds loves taking a thermos of it to school for lunch.

Pea and ham, my ex loved traditional minestrone (which is a ham hock apparently)

And I love roasted pumpkin and then just purée with homemade chicken stock.

Last winter I was having Pho most days for lunch actually. Might try that again. It’s easier to make at home rather than the office.

We have homemade soup and crusty bread for lunch every saturday during winter. Our favourites in order are

Chicken and Sweetcorn

Avegolemono

Brocolli, pea and bacon

Thai sweet potato

Pumpkin and cumin

Mushroom

DS is a bit fussy and won't eat all of those but I usually make a bit extra of the ones he likes and freeze for him for to have when we have the ones he doesn't like.

Fruitmincepies

Sweet potato, chorizo and black bean

Red curry pumpkin

Lentil, bacon and vegetables

It hasn’t really hit soup weather here yet

Silverstreak

I really like soup, but I'm the only one in the house that does, so I don't end up cooking it a lot.

I eat a lot of vegetable and lentil soup on my 5:2 days. I also do a really nice roasted pumpkin, capsicum and garlic soup.

My local shops do a good wonton noodle soup and a coconut chicken noodle soup, which I love. My favourite though is chicken curry laksa and I just don't live near a place that does one, restaurants tend to do a seafood or seafood blend. There's a place in the city (Melbourne) that does the best laksa I've ever eaten but since I've moved work locations I never go there anymore. Heaven in a bowl it was.

I make :

Chicken and vegetable

Potato, bacon and cheese

French onion ( I add beef for DD who isn't a fan of much onion, but is getting better at eating it)

Asian style made from 2 min noodles with carrot, spring onion, corn and whatever other veggies I have to hand added) and extra stock. (Oriental flavour is the best one for this)

Pho

Vietnamese braised beef noodle soup (I think it's a Marion Grasby one, I do a lot of her stuff) DH loves this one.

Tinned tomato soup, with noodles( I love this, have had it since I was a kid, but it HAS to be Heinz Big Red soup lol) DD and I add grated cheese and lots of pepper.

Spicy salmon soup from the Nick Nairn Salmon cookbook (super easy)

Chicken soup with Matzo balls (I use saos for the matzo meal substitute).

Soup I like but DD doesn't (so I hardly make :( ):

Cauliflower and cheese

Mushroom'

leek and potato.

I love soup! I rarely make my own stock. I use the Campbells liquid ones.

LemonMyrtle

I do a great pumpkin soup in a pot

.since getting a thermomix many years ago, I also make a good tomato soup and a very hearty vegetable soup, and a puréed vegetable soup that’s also good and good for using up old veg. The thermomix really is a soup machine, it’s so easy. I should use it more.

I’ve really got to expand my soup repertoire, but DH always complains “soup isn’t a meal”, even though after eating my soups he is always full and always enjoy them.

I like Asian noodle and wonton soups, never make them myself cause I’m scared It will be too hard, and they’re so good from the local noodle shop.

Pumpkin

Chunky veg type ( usually just make up the recipe as I go for this one LOL)

What my mother called ‘Chinese chicken soup’ but I think it is really called egg soup or something as it has no chicken but has egg that cooks to look like chicken.

A creamy cheese and veg soup that is delicious 😋

Purpleblaze

minestrone

roast pumpkin and garlic

chicken noodle

broccoli and bacon

cauliflower and bacon

red lentil dahl

beef, mushroom and barley

chicken and sweetcorn

Kids don't eat most of those but I love a good soup in cold weather. I should expand my repertoire.

I've always wanted to try lettuce soup.

I think it's basically lettuce cooked in chicken stock. A milder green veggie than say, spinach or the like.

I've had laksa (oh, another soup I make regularly!) with lettuce in it, that was really good.

I think it's basically lettuce cooked in chicken stock. A milder green veggie than say, spinach or the like.

I've had laksa (oh, another soup I make regularly!) with lettuce in it, that was really good.

Thanks for that!

I legit thought RP was having us on. Or it was a test to see if we read the whole fucking list.

No one in my house eats soup. The closest we get is laksa or chicken noodle soup but I have to add a shit tonne of noodles that they think it's just a noodle dish. 😂

It’s really delicious. I was surprised. I googled and found it when I had so much lettuce in my veggie boxes delivered..

ImperatorFuriosa

My kids don't like soup. DP likes mushroom, tomato and Asian Laksa. I don't do chicken anything. It makes me gag. I only eat/drink minestrone, tomato, pea and ham and potato.

Advertisement