Post a photo of where you're from

dancepuppydance

Awards

The cinema in the town I grew up in. It only ever showed 2 movies at a time and intermission was in every movie so you could go get snacks and go to the toilet. Everyone had their birthday parties there or at Bushland park.

Puppy Love
Hills Mum Bec

Awards

dancepuppydance wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:37 am The cinema in the town I grew up in. It only ever showed 2 movies at a time and intermission was in every movie so you could go get snacks and go to the toilet. Everyone had their birthday parties there or at Bushland park.

Now the cinema only shows one movie about once a month on a Friday & Saturday night, intermission has gone since they converted to digital projector. Unfortunately Bushland Park was decimated by fire last year and is still looking very black & sparse, the playground is gone and the BBQ shelters but the community hall is still standing.
dancepuppydance

Awards

Hills Mum Bec wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:53 am
dancepuppydance wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:37 am The cinema in the town I grew up in. It only ever showed 2 movies at a time and intermission was in every movie so you could go get snacks and go to the toilet. Everyone had their birthday parties there or at Bushland park.

Now the cinema only shows one movie about once a month on a Friday & Saturday night, intermission has gone since they converted to digital projector. Unfortunately Bushland Park was decimated by fire last year and is still looking very black & sparse, the playground is gone and the BBQ shelters but the community hall is still standing.
I know about bushland park because I went to see the damage after the fires. I grew up opposite the Lutheran retirement home. Our yard backed onto the old onkaparinga mill site before the redevelopment of it. We played in the old abandoned buildings and cricket between the buildings. I still run into heaps of people from the town and also from Charlston. One of my fav things to do was ride my bike down the steep hill near the abboitoir or down wattle street and try not to crash into traffic.
Puppy Love
BECZ

Awards

overlytired wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:51 am To reiterate what I said in another thread, I'm jealous of everyone who has easy access to the ocean beaches. Sigh.

/pity party
Although we lived in the middle of nowhere, a days drive from the coast, we were very fortunate as both of our parents were school teachers and we we could visit relatives most school holidays, even though mum and dad usually had to take school work with them. Luckily our relatives still lived in the coastal town that my mum grew up in on the North Coast and we spent most mornings at the beach.

I love the peace and serenity of sitting by a river in the middle of nowhere, but our plans are to move to the coast (if we can still afford it) once our kids have finished school.
CrankyM

Awards

Random photo from the internet on where I grew up.

Images from the internet of where I current live.

Got to say gosh I miss the green and actual mountains. Everything is soooooooo flat where I live.
Ernegirl

Awards

Public domain pic of the countryside I grew up in, about 11km from our house.

"And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,"

Be first in a wood and last in a bog.
Mooguru

Awards

I used to walk along a path that had a spot just like that Ernegirl. I love that kind of landscape
Little Bear

Awards

About 5 minutes drive from where I live

Mocha

Awards

Ernegirl wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:32 pm Public domain pic of the countryside I grew up in, about 11km from our house.

"And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,"

That looks like a road I drove up and down during our holidays early last year before covid!
Ernegirl

Awards

There's a lot of winding roads around and not much happening.

I read a great quote recently that sums up my relationship with home: "One always begins to forgive a place as soon as it's left behind."
Be first in a wood and last in a bog.
Wolf87

Awards

Ernegirl wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:18 pm There's a lot of winding roads around and not much happening.

I read a great quote recently that sums up my relationship with home: "One always begins to forgive a place as soon as it's left behind."
That is a bloody awesome quote. Where are you from? If too identifying no worries 😊
DD 5 (ICSI)
TTC#2 - IVF 1 BFN - IVF 2 Zero fertilisation - IVF 3 CP - IVF 4 BFP - DS due July 2021
NannyPlum

Awards

Where I spent my junior years

Where I spent my teenage years

Where I have been ever since

(None of these are my images...and yes, complete water baby!)
StillFreddiesMum

Awards

I'm hoping this works ...

Trampoline

Awards

Just down the road from our house. Wish we could swim in it, but I’m not willing to wrestle with the crocodiles.
Bornagirl
Subscriber

Awards

Ernegirl wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:18 pm There's a lot of winding roads around and not much happening.

Wolf87 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:21 pm

That is a bloody awesome quote. Where are you from? If too identifying no worries 😊
@Wolf87 I was going to say exactly the same thing.

@Ernegirl I absolutely adore lanes like that - it was one of the joys of visiting Wales and Ireland. I know Australia's regional cities being better connected make for safer roads, but I do miss going through country towns in Autumn and Spring and seeing the changing of seasons, which is often lost on the highway.
Mocha

Awards

NannyPlum wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:43 pm Where I spent my junior years

Where I spent my teenage years

Where I have been ever since

(None of these are my images...and yes, complete water baby!)
All these ocean photos... really envious!!!
Mocha

Awards

Love the quote!