• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BKK

• BornToLove

• FiveAus

• charli73

Top Posters In This Topic

We're planning on Mallacoota. Had that planned for much earlier in the year.

First of all it will probably be Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula though, areas that have had stricter regulations for longer than other parts of the state.

Tawonga/Mt Beauty, Wilsons Prom, Mallacoota was meant to go there last summer but was on fire. The Grampians.

Now we can travel 25km we can explore more of the Yarra Ranges..

Anywhere around the gippsland lakes. So many beaches, sheltered ones, surf ones, quiet ones, busy ones. Take your pick. And so many day trip options to the next town over or to inland towns. It’s just lovely.

Very much depends on what you want to do when you go. Vic is lucky to have a bit of everything.

ETA: It seems i answered your thread title rather than your post.

My favourite place is the Otways, closely followed by the Dandenong Ranges. I love those kinds of leafy, mountainous spots. It literally instantly slows my heart rate and I feel immeidately more relaxed when I get that first breath of forest air.

I really love Gippsland. Every little town has charm and a really great place to connect with nature. Of course going west of the city towards the Grampians and great ocean road is also lovely and again lots of charm and opportunity to connect with nature.

Echuca is one of my favourite. Love the river and the paddlesteamers.

Ballarat - my kids love sovereign hill and Ballarat has this old school charm.

Werribee - love the Werribee mansion and zoo.

We find Vic a good state to travel in because it’s small and you can cover some serious ground in a couple of hours - great for road trips!!

Does anyone have any trips away planned?

Yes! I booked us a weekend out on the great ocean road a few days ago. Very much looking forward to pulling DD out of school early on a Friday and heading out on a mini getaway in a few weeks.

Still trying to narrow down dates for a possible week away in January. There are too many balls in the air on that between our workplaces so might not happen if everything gets booked out.

Favourite spot - camping along the Glenelg River. Also Warrnambool - the hot springs are good fun and it is a great town to visit.

The big park is great for picnics and for kids play time.

Yarra valley and Mornington peninsula first for us, they’ve been under the Melbourne restrictions. Then we have a trip to Phillip island planned for next year, and we’re in Daylesford regularly.

Advertisement