IGNORED

Airbnb or hotel for Xmas break

Ghost Girl

So looking at booking some travel in Melbourne over Christmas. I'm crossing fingers and toes the borders stay open between Vic and NSW to visit family. But flipping my brain between apartment in the city or an Airbnb. The hotels just scare me, but wondering about apartments. What would you choose or not choose. Very much interested in opinions.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Girl

• Seayork2002

• Grumbles

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently travelled interstate for family reasons and went with a small motel style hotel that were pragmatic about cancellations. I needed to fly so we agreed if something happened I could reschedule the booking.

I have used Airbnb a little bit but them cancelling my booking too late to get an alternative is a worry. But this is because the location I travel to is hard to get to so i usually can’t change my travel plans if accommodation falls through.

We are staying on a hotel for a bit in Sydney after Christmas, we stayed in one in Canberra a month or so back and another in the Blue Mountains a bit before that we took the pay at the hotel option and we can cancel or move the dates up until a couple of days before hand so we have been happy with that.

I can't comment on airbnb as never used them

Advertisement