IGNORED

One week in Newcastle

Bornagirl

Thought I'd pop back in and say thankyou to everyone for all of your tips. We managed to do most of what we wanted to do. Missed a few things, but there's always the future. The wetlands didn't see us, nor did Mount Yengo, and the level of rain and humidity stalled us a little, but not much.

Despite the booking for the Omega ensemble being via the Civic Theatre, it was actually at City Hall, which was lovely. I did get to see the foyer of the Civic theatre though and have a drink there. :)

[mention]SplashingRainbows[/mention] we actually doubled back to Table One Espresso for breakfast one morning. Really, really great food. We just had one of the egg choices and a fruit juice and I think we were not hungry for another ten hours. Did the other half of the walk there to Speers point and back with a coffee in between. I did love the buildings in Maitland, but I get where you're coming from, I feel the same about the place I grew up in - all of the gorgeous old buildings were just part of the background scenery.

We also had lunch at Gartelmann [mention]Ozgirl[/mention] which was also fabulous, and we brought back some goodies and three bottles of wine from there. (We don't go by halves when it comes to bringing back awkward luggage.) The food was sensational.

Didn't get to eat out much otherwise (apart from Harry de wheels ha ha), as a result of what I mentioned earlier, getting a bit carried away at the farmer's market.

If anyone ever needs a place for two there, this little airbnb was perfect, and the hosts were so accommodating with the changes.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bornagirl

• Fruitmincepies

• Lesley225

• Chchgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I did say Mooguru,

If you google 'airbnb Charlestown Kookaburra Cabin clean and ready to go' it should come up for you.

I'm not sure if a link works for airbnb:

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/18588790?source_impression_id=p3_1614658999_%2FBzAhWZf1eEyUsl0&guests=1&adults=1

ETa; ah it does work, I had problems once before with trying to link airbnb listings.

We also had lunch at Gartelmann @Ozgirl which was also fabulous, and we brought back some goodies and three bottles of wine from there. (We don't go by halves when it comes to bringing back awkward luggage.) The food was sensational.

Their wine club is pretty good! I only stopped when i got pregnant.

Didn't get to eat out much otherwise (apart from Harry de wheels ha ha), as a result of what I mentioned earlier, getting a bit carried away at the farmer's market.

I have had this problem before

Last time i was in Japan - I had the problem. realised when flying home that despite skiing my world only went beyond 2 blocks around my friends apartment twice!

Lizzybirdsworth

Next time you might need to drive over so you can take more back!

I haven’t been to the markets here yet so I might check that out one weekend :).

Glad you enjoyed it here

Next time you might need to drive over so you can take more back!

I haven’t been to the markets here yet so I might check that out one weekend :).

Glad you enjoyed it here

Ha ha, I've actually highly recommended Newcastle to a friend. He usually ends up using up his holidays visiting his elderly parents in the UK every second year, but of course that didn't happen last year so he has a few built up.

I suggested driving would be the safer option, given both of our flights were cancelled (they were still flying other days).

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you are all able to stay safe and dry in the coming days. I've seen the road damage already at Port Stephens and that's obviously only going to get worse.

Hopefully at least the heavy rain will ease the mouse plague problem inland.

Advertisement