IGNORED

When we can finally travel overseas ...

ClaudiaCosette

ClaudiaCosette

What is the first country you plan to visit?

We had a South Pacific cruise booked last year, which of course was cancelled. I'd still like to do a cruise but not sure if it's the best idea.

Assuming the whole world opens up at the same time (although I know it's possible only certain countries will be open) where would you choose to go?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bornagirl

• ClaudiaCosette

• Kiwi Bicycle

• LifesGood

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could swing a kid free week, Fiji. I’d also love to go back to Hawaii with the kids - we went when they were 2 and 5, I’d love to take them again now they’re old enough to get so much more out of it

My son is in the process of qualifying to represent Australia in his chosen sport so we'll be going where they'll be held. I'm still hanging off on passports because I don't think its going to happen this year :(

Good thread, OP.

We had two trips cancelled, first one in April included a week's hike in the Kii peninsula in Japan, and it was going to be a stretch for the dodgy bits of my body in 2020, so I'm not convinced I could repeat that bit in 2022, but certainly Japan in general.

Our other cancelled trip was a week in Scotland, a week in Norway and three weeks in (mostly) Lombardy, in August/September.

When we were hearing the news about Japan, I figured that one might be out, but Lombardy's a very long way from Japan, isn't it? Next morning we woke to the tragic news of Lombardy. Then I thought oh perhaps we'll just stay in the UK ....

Places I want to go is a long list, because we've only really been able to travel outside Jan since I retired four years ago, and we're making up for lost time. So as well as the above:

* Mongolia

* Northern Canada in winter (although I'd probably wimp out of this)

* Sri Lanka

* Portugal

* Colombia

* Poland

* Germany

Actually just everywhere. Could happily go back to the places we've already been to (Canada, Cuba, Ireland, Wales, Paris, Abu Dhabi, Thailand, Rome & Sicily, New Zealand ... but at our age one must be realistic.

For now, our flight to Newcastle in less than 24 hours will be as good as it gets, and that's going to be good.

Home to New Zealand.

We also want to go to Japan but DS is on a medication illegal there, so maybe South Korea instead...

I thought you could write to them for permission - for narcotics anyway, not sure about other things. I was thinking of that for myself, but my migraines have disappeared, so didn't bother.

Home to New Zealand.

We also want to go to Japan but DS is on a medication illegal there, so maybe South Korea instead...

I thought you could write to them for permission - for narcotics anyway, not sure about other things. I was thinking of that for myself, but my migraines have disappeared, so didn't bother.

I'll look into it. But it certainly freaks me out the the chemist has to open a safe to get DS's meds for me ( they store all those meds in there, even when waiting for pick up). I feel like such a drug dealer.

Home to New Zealand.

I'll look into it. But it certainly freaks me out the the chemist has to open a safe to get DS's meds for me ( they store all those meds in there, even when waiting for pick up). I feel like such a drug dealer.

As I said, I'm unsure beyond opiates, but it's worth looking in to if you'd like to travel there.

When we cleared out the unit of my husband's friend, who died of cancer, his place contained significant quantities of serious medication - he'd obviously gone backwards and forwards with them over the period. Included was a bottle of liquid morphine for injection, 500ml.. What someone wouldn't have given to relieve me of that lot in inner sydney, as we took them to the chemist.

We cancelled a trip to Japan with the kids so that's on the list - want to take them to Tokyo Disneyland and Universal studios while they (well, DS mainly) are still kid enough to enjoy it.

DH and I have been planning a kid-free Europe trip in 2022 for years (significant wedding anniversary) so we have hopes it may be possible.

ineedmorecoffee

We were meant to go to Hawaii in July last year so super keen to take that trip and would love to visit Disney World in Florida, but who knows when that will happen.

Would also love to swing past Europe in the summer, one can only dream :)

I'm basing this on the very reasonable assumption that I will win powerball tonight.

I fully intend to go to every F1 Grand Prix of the year. And also every possible concert of every band I love. So I will be travelling a lot.

We have rebooked our European river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam for December this year. I doubt we are going so will rebook again for April 2022 and then September 2022

We’ll do a white Christmas with the kids- likely in Germany with family or maybe Canada. England and Scotland also to see family. I’d love to take the kids back to Disneyland but wow is the US a mess so probably Tokyo Disney and combine it with a big trip around Japan. Tokyo Disney is nowhere near as good but the kids will love it anyway

Singapore. Because I will be outvoted.

I found one of the biggest downsides to having kids is that your previous 50% of the vote, slowly but surely becomes diluted.

We have rebooked our European river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam for December this year. I doubt we are going so will rebook again for April 2022 and then September 2022

Ah, I've just realised who you are. (I think.) I wouldn't rule out December, even though the authorities are, things happen quickly with Covid - although generally I've found shutting down happens much faster than opening up.

Good luck.

Either an Asian country that has Covid 19 under control or NZ.

Would love to go back to the UK but not now. Hopefully their lockdown and HQ will do something’

Home to New Zealand.

I've travelled to Japan on medication that required permission, it was a process (faxed approvals) but doable. Just leave time to hear from them before booking.

I just want to use my passport again. Could be NZ or out to the pacific but maybe Singapore. Nothing that is alot of flights and touch points and quick to get home. I really want to do Christmas markets in Europe, but I reckon that is years away now.

Advertisement