IGNORED

Places to eat Canberra

Seayork2002

Seayork2002

We have been to Canberra lots of times and am going there again for a break soon but usually end up eating at the hotel, we would like to finds some nice places for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we do not have Michelin/3 hat star tastes but am also getting a little bit tired of fish and chips and burgers in pubs too

We are staying in the center and although we will have a car would prefer to be near the center if possible

We have Thai and Indian food at home so maybe not these but all suggestions welcome!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• Jenflea

• Bethlehem

• Lallalla

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing you don’t have Michelin 3 star hat tastes as this town has lots of good food but it is mostly in the mid-range. You also need to be willing to go out of the centre to find some of the good places.

Griffith Vietnamese is quite iconic and also very good. Rama’s Fijian Indian in Pearce is good too and the African place next door to it (I forget its name).

Dickson has lots of good options too. It is worth a wonder down Woolley St. There is a good vegan place, Asian noodle house (best laksa in town IMO) plus a few other dumpling and Chinese places, I think the Vietnamese is meant to be good there too

Braddon is great. I stay there frequently.

Grease Monkey would be good for the family.

frugii is way better than messina.

And the new japanese fusion place upstairs is good. I ate there last week. The katsu Don way HUGE.

Third vote for Braddon.

There’s also lots of stuff in Civic - go out the back of the shopping centre and wander around. Really good variety from memory.

Have fun! I miss Canberra.

Dickson is mostly Asian restaurants. I'd go to Braddon. Lots of great options for all meals of the day. Another nice area is Kingston foreshore. Also New Acton near the city, tey Bicicletta for dinner or lunch. Canberra does good breakfasts and brunches. There are so many it's hard to know what to list. Two of my favourites are Cupping Room for breakfast and Black Fire for dinner.

Tak kee roast inn in Dickson has the most generous sized duck pancakes I've ever seen.

Yarralumla pide house has the best pides and kizartma.

Advertisement